Alien Covenant - Trailer/Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Panchyprsss, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    You'll be first in line.

2. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

Good. At least then we won't have to worry about you posting SPOILERS!!

3. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

What spoilers??!!

4. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

A spoiler would be something like:
    'David is the real creator of the full-blown Xenomorph after he uses the mutated DNA from the dead Engineers (after he drops all the black liquid capsules on them) and splices it with DNA from insects from the new planet he and Shaw have landed on and thus creating the final eggs from which a face-hugger emerges to attach to and infect a human host'

IF indeed, that is how it really happens...

5. lb 4 lb

The spoilers that were in one of your threads before you saw fit to edit them out. That said, the fact that you actually went back and removed it makes you okay in my book.

6. The Genius

The Genius DEMONRY!!

I heard it's terrible. Glad I didn't care about spoilers Magus. Why are you always such a twat like that?

7. lb 4 lb

In his defense it was a small spoiler and he probably didn't even realize it was one until I brought it to his attention. The fact he removed it without even being asked (as far as I know) should earn him the benefit of the doubt.

8. The Genius

The Genius DEMONRY!!

I can still see it in his post above mine. It may not be exact but part of it is a huge spoiler.

9. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Nope. It's a theory on how the final Xenomorph is created. :emoji_laughing:

10. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

You think that Ripley was thinking about all that when she was rushing to get the hell out of the ship ASAP? The whole 'lets blow up the ship and escape in the shuttle' seemed forced and didn't made any sense even by 1979 standards. I am glad that James Cameron addressed that decision in 'Aliens' and tried to make sense out of it by having Ripley being questioned about her decision to blow up such an expensive spacecraft with all its cargo. Ripley could have detached the Nostromo from its cargo section (like when they landed on the planetoid LV-426) if she just wanted to kill the xenomorph, but spare the precious cargo. It wasn't a rational decision. She blew up the ship only because the studio wanted a space explosion...a HUGE one!

[​IMG]

11. meetthefeebles

meetthefeebles Drunken Geordie Bastard

Saw this yesterday. It's better than I thought it would be based on what I'd heard about it. It's certainly better than Prometheous.

MTF

12. salaco

salaco Undisputed Champion

Have to disagree, just watched this, utter dogshite. David completely overshadowed the movie, with long bits of not v interesting but very obvious exposition telling us what happened before they arrived. Human characters wafer thin, u wonder how they managed to create more interesting and real characers in first alien film in much less running time. Prometheus had some ambition, this not so much.

13. salaco

By the way, even in the future, they should know that creating an android with a fruity British accent is just asking for trouble..

14. Roll With The Punches

Roll With The Punches WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    the movie isn't bad....no worse than any other Alien movie from the last whatever number of years it's been

the ending was a bit predictable though :(

15. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

I went to watch this while it was in theaters...first time I walked out a movie before it was over(right after the first face hugging)...just incredible BORING SHIT....very disappointing...

Watch it again a few days ago.....STILL SHIT...

16. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Yeah it doesn't get any better does it?

Like Scott is on some mission now to tell us all the origin of the Alien and history behind the 'Space Jockey' from Alien.

17. salaco

The movie is fine, standard fare with unwitting dim colonists and explorers, and panicked responses...until they meet David and it becomes the island of Dr Moreau, and even the kills that follow are perfunctory and dull...I would almost put it down there with the A v P films...

18. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    Damn, didn't realize there was such a long thread for this flick. What a disappointment. "Prometheus" shit's all over this film, and "Prometheus" was a bit of a letdown itself. So many bad choices made, weird scenes in weird spots of the movie, lots of plot holes, continuity trying to connect this to the previous movies makes no sense at all, crews in the Alien movies getting progressively as stupid as most of the characters who inhabit "The Walking Dead".........not exactly steely eyed space cowboys.

Fassbender playing the skin flute with himself....................tell me you all didn't laugh out loud when you saw that?

The weird Skinemax type scene near the end that was completely out of place with the look of these movies in general.

I noticed somebody else mentioned the weird "Island Of Dr. Moreau" vibe they decided to hang on the David character.

The 20 second James Franco cameo, that gave you just enough time to go "Hey, that's James Franco" what the fuck is he doing in this movie?

I gotta think that Ridley Scott is just getting too old for this shit. Maybe he needs to hand over the reigns to his son Luke who was a 2nd Unit Director on this, and who I thought did a completely competent job on the under-rated "Morgan".

5/10

19. lb 4 lb

I’m an Alien apologist so I didn’t totally hate this. What I did totally hate was the angle that the Aliens were created by David. I always liked the thought that such a unique and dangerous creature was a complete creation of nature and they took that from us for a damn story angle.