Anthony Joshua v Dominic Breazeale

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Rich ´Money´ Mustard, Apr 25, 2016.

1. meetthefeebles

meetthefeebles Drunken Geordie Bastard

Poor card as expected IMO. Eubanks proved nothing in beating up on a domestic level guy as expected. He needs to shit or get off the pot - fight someone decent again or piss off. These silly fights are a waste of time - the guy who narrowly beat him is now a bauble holder and he's fighting for domestic titles. Groves - Murray started poorly but turned into a good scrap. Murray did what he always does - finds a way to lose big fights. He hurt Groves a few times but came forward in a predictable, plodding way and let Groves light him up more than once. Groves deservedly won. The main event was better than expected purely because Brazillia was game and showed some toughness. He never looked remotely like winning and it was target practice in the main. Joshua looks good but he's hitting heavy bags disguised as boxers and the sooner we see him actually fight someone who might hit him back, the better. Joshua still looks predicable in his offence to me and I was surprised by how long it took to stop someone he hit so readily. There are still question marks about what happens when he fights someone who actually can hit him back. Good, solid performance but no real answers for me tonight.

MTF

2. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Joshua will waste bum ass Wilder.

3. Jimmy

Jimmy The Greatest of Are Times

I can see a DeGale-Groves rematch happening in the near future. Think Murray should move back down to 160, personally. Wouldn't mind seeing him against Eubank Jr actually. I agree with you that Joshua is pretty predictable with his offense and that's why I think this fight turned out to be good for him. He really needs to look back on it and aim to mix it up more in the future. He didn't chop down a tree, he targeted the head way too often. Hopefully he'll fight Parker next. Makes sense. All in all I thought it was a good fight for Joshua and there's no need to rush him. The big fights will come.

4. Jimmy

Jimmy The Greatest of Are Times

Fury will pose problems for Joshua due to his awkward style. Wilder too due to his length. Superb matchups.

5. mikE

mikE "Twinkle Toes" McJack

I think the jab is the generally the most overrated punch in boxing. However, when you have a jab like Joshua, you need to use it a lot more. He likes his right hand, but it leaves him a lot more vulnerable to counters when his jab would not.

I could see Joshua losing to Wlad, Fury, and Deontay, but he projects to be better than either of the latter two and could be already, and it's doubtful Wlad would fight him at this point. If Wlad beats Fury in the rematch, fighting Joshua would be a hell of a final fight, though.

6. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

Joshua is the best heavyweight in the world right now. He's proven it IMO. If he stops Parker it should be without dispute.

7. Xplosive

Fury has Z E R O chance of beating Joshua. AJ isn't some disinterested, 60-year-old sloth like Wald. Joshua exposes all of Fury's many flaws... well, main flaw being he can't box.

Wilder has a better chance than Fury cause of his power, but all he has is a punchers chance.

8. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Fury doesn't even have the power to really threaten AJ. I think at this point he gets layed out. Maybe he could have beaten Joshua when he was green.

Wilder has the puncher's chance. But AJ is too quick and more skillful.

9. Pascals Wager

Pascals Wager Undisputed Champion

I would give Haye a good chance against AJ

10. Double L

Double L Book Reader

joshua is a belt holder. and people are saying, "don't rush him?" if he is not ready for capable opponents, he should not have been given a title shot.

11. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Lol, talk about overrating AJ. THe guy has obvious potential, but David Price was also looking terrific knocking out no hoppers. Le'ts wait and see how he does when he face a top 15 fighter (which he haven''t so far) before claiming such things.

Breazeale is a terrible fighter, the guy was getting beat up by old ass ordinary Amir Mansour for most of their fight.

12. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    You guys watch heavyweight boxing?

13. Double L

Double L Book Reader

what about ortiz?

14. Jesus of montreal

Right now I think that Ortiz waste Joshua. He has great power and I think he his clever enough to time him and decapitate him. It's only a hunch but I dont think AJ chin is all that.

Might change my pick in a few years (or months) once Joshua start fighting credible opponents.

15. Ugotabe Kidding

Ugotabe Kidding WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    Forget about sanctioning bodies. They mean nothing at all

16. meetthefeebles

:lol:

MTF

17. Jesus of montreal

Yeah, that was a ridiculous comment. Joshua has proven shit so far, and he hasn't even beat a top 15 opponent. Sad that for some the only thing you have to do in order to prove you are the best in the world is to lit up a few no hopers in style. Aj is a terrific prospect, but he is just that, a prospect. Talk about him beating Haye, Fury and Wilder are way premature, and even his camp admit he is not ready for these fights yet. Id like to see him fight Molina or Duhaupas next. Both are big tough guys coming off a big win, and have enough power to at least make the fight interesting. It would also be interesting to see if he can improve on Wilder performance.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  18. Destruction and Mayhem

ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY

19. Destruction and Mayhem

He's proven as much as Wilder and Fury....correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Joshua just knocked out 3 previously unbeaten hard hitting prospects in a row? Wlad is an old man now so I count him out of the picture. Ortiz and Parker have proved less at this point. Haye is a wild card but he's getting on in age too.

20. meetthefeebles

Joshua has proven absolutely nothing except that he can very effectively take out garbagemen. He hasn't fought a single top ten opponent. I'm not Wilder fan but he's clearly fought much better opponents than Joshua has so far. Fury too - Chisora, for example, is markedly better than anyone Joshua has fought yet.

MTF

21. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

At this point, I'd say Dillian Whyte is more useful than Chisora.

22. meetthefeebles

Based on what? Whyte is rated highly by some because he hit Joshua a few times and lasted a few round before being sparked. He has no other notable wins and has barely fought above domestic level :dunno:

The argument is becoming cyclical. Joshua is good because he beat Whyte. Whyte is good because he took Joshua a few rounds...

MTF

23. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

I think Whyte is better than Chisora too, but to go with what Feebs is saying I agree that in terms of resume Chisora is a bigger name.

24. Slice N Dice

I wouldn't say MUCH better. Take out Stiverne and it isn't some gaping chasm in opposition.

25. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    Wilder beat harrison, though! That guys got so much potential

26. Xplosive

Ortiz is better than Wilder and Fury.

27. meetthefeebles

'Prime' Chisora, whatever that was, is better than Whyte. The version Fury beat the first time certainly was. Whyte isn't good at all. History will show this to be true, I'm fairly confident on that.

MTF

28. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    :lol:

29. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    I think they were both good. Boxers need to train hard. Not all do, some do sometimes.

30. Slice N Dice

Disagree. Chisora was just a tough pressure fighter, he was pretty slow and never had the power to win the big ones. Not saying Whyte is going to be a great or anything but he is a competent boxer and he can dig. He should prove to be more of a threat than Chisora ever was.