Anthony Joshua v Dominic Breazeale

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Rich ´Money´ Mustard, Apr 25, 2016.

1. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Whyte isn't elite by any means, but he fights with more skill than Chisora ever did.

2. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

Might happen soon anyway :lol:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nxJs-6ScYFw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. puerto rock

:lol:

Whyte would stop Chisora.

4. Slice N Dice

Yeah I agree.

I do like Whyte though, he's a good fighter. He seems to be perpetually emotional and pissed off which I find amusing, plus for some reason 95% of his interviews seem to take place on a random street corner in Brixton :lol:

5. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

agREED...

During the Buildup, REED Learned Whyte is a 3rd Generation Prizefighter...As he Faced Joshua, Whyte's COMPOSURE, RHYTHM, FLUIDITY and Level of Boxing SCIENCE was That of a Man BORN Into the Sport...We'll See What Happens Moving Forward, But if Whyte Tightens Up his CONDITIONING, He Could Be a Perennial Top 10-15 Heavyweight for the Next 5-10 Years...

REED:hammert:

6. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

REED Would Watch Whyte vs. Chisora for Sure...SEVERAL Intriguing Heavyweight Bouts, All of a Sudden....

REED:mj:

7. puerto rock

:lol:

Yeah after his fight with Joshua I noticed just that. His interviews about Stormzy were hilarious.

8. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

I agree Whyte has some potential, but im pretty sure the guy wont maximise it. Supposedly He looked like hot garbage in his last fight. Would like to see him against Chisora. Must win fight for both.

9. meetthefeebles

meetthefeebles Drunken Geordie Bastard

So was Chisora.

MTF

10. meetthefeebles

meetthefeebles Drunken Geordie Bastard

I'd be very surprised if Whyte returns to world level challenges. I agree that he is an entertaining sort of nutbox. I agree he has some skill. He's quite fluid and is quick enough to land punches and he has some power. But he has no stamina, is fat, is very hittable and does nothing particularly well. And his resume is domestic level - his standout effort was getting KTFO by a guy everyone is hyping up.

Time will tell, as it always does, though. If I turn out to be wrong, I'll happily eat my humble pie.

MTF

11. Jeffy

Jeffy Undisputed Champion

Ortiz will beat all of them IMO

12. puerto rock

I think Ortiz is too slow to beat AJ.

He's not young either.

13. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

The Story of the Fight was Breazeale's CHIN...Motherfucker is TOUGH, if NATHAN Else...A Lesser Beard Would've Been Dented SEVERAL Rounds Prior...

agREED w/Those that Said Joshua Headhunted a BIT Much, but That's Precisely Why he SHOULDN'T Be Rushed, Just Yet...He's Doing a BETTER Job of Keeping that Right Glove/Arm HIGH, to Fend Off Incoming Left Hooks, a Lesson No Doubt Learned from Getting Clipped and Hurt by Whyte...

All in All, Joshua's Making STEADY Progress Though...Showing a Little More and MORE w/Each Outing...REED Already SUSPECTS Joshua is THE Best Heavyweight in the World, but Another Year or So of Seasoning Is the Recipe...

14. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Who are all these world class heavyweights that Joshua needs to prove himself against?

This is a division where Tyson Fury is a champ... It's fucking abysmal

15. Jesus of montreal

THere's a few good fighter at HW right now. Ortiz is definitvely good, and Wilder showed some potential (even if he's been dissapointing lately). Fury is a very good fighter (no matters how many people fail to realise that a 6 feet 8 guy with this speedn and movement is a very hard fight for anbody), and even WLad, Haye and Povetkin, while not champions, are much much better fighters than the crap AJ has been facing. Hell, even a guy like Pulev, which is utter crap, is muhamed ali compared to the guys he faced.

Dissapointing comment coming from you. Seems you are condoning the notion that AJ doesn't have to beat the top guys, since he looks like he's better than them

16. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    I'm not condoning anything... I'm laughing at the idea that there's some hotbed of talent in this division... And fury is not very good or good... He's fucking horrible... He won the heavyweight title by gesturing, for fuck's sake

Ortiz? Who has he fought exactly? Haye? When is the last time Haye fought a live body? 4 years ago?

17. Jesus of montreal

Jennings is a tough, decent fighter, and Ortiz simply destroyed him without much trouble. And you are wrong about Fury. Don't want to derail the thread with this, but I've been high on the guy since the first Chisora fight. The combinaison of size, speed, agility and movement he has makes him very hard to beat.

Not saying it is a golden age, but compare to the thrash who were at the top not long ago (Ibragimov, Chagaev, Vitaly :lol:, Valuev, Peter), this is a much better era.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  18. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Vitaly at his best?? He would absolutely kick holes in a guy like Fury

19. Jesus of montreal

He wouldn't, Fury would probably outbox him. Guy was struggling againt small ass byrd, Sanders and Chisora. Most overrated fighter ever based on him blowing away a few whales, and giving a good fight to a fat, disinterested, old Lewis. But I put him there as a joke.

20. Slice N Dice

Be that as it may be (although again I think Fury is better than he is ever going to get credit for), all Joshua can do is beat who is there. I think AJ is a good fighter.

21. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Joshua Provides HOPE for the Heavyweight Division and There's Plenty of Quality NAMES he Can Match Up w/, Over the Next Couple Years...

In No Particular Order, Chisora, Stiverne, Parker, Fury-Wlad Winner, Wilder, Povetkin, etc...& Those Guys Can Face Each Other, Jockeying for Position...Whether These Names (or Even Joshua Himself) Go On to Become "Great" Or Not, There's Plenty of INTRIGUING Heavyweight Fights to Be Made...

22. phonetap

phonetap Undisputed Champion

Home Page:
    lol....so true brother

23. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    :hammert:

24. puerto rock

[video=youtube_share;F6oezFRXcjI]http://youtu.be/F6oezFRXcjI[/video]

25. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

If that's Truly Anthony Joshua (SOUNDS like him for Sure), Roy Jones has Competition for his Title of "Best Rapper in BOXING History"....

Shit WASN'T Bad @ All....

26. Double L

Double L Book Reader

ortiz beat jennings a helluva lot more impressively than wald pussy did. ortiz will be ducked like the plague i predict.

27. puerto rock

Far from bad.

Catchy as hell.

28. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Just Rewatched the Fight...

Despite the Headhunting, Joshua PICKS his Shots Extremely Well & it's Not as if NEGLECTED the Body Altogether, he just DIDN'T Target it Enough....The Right Uppercut he Wobbled Breazeale w/, in Round 2, was Beautiful...Studied his Prey for 1.5 Rounds, then BADLY Hurt him w/a Single Shot...And MAY Have @ Least Dropped Him In that Instance, if Not for the Ref Temporarily Halting his Progress...

Very EDUCATED Left Hand Too....Joshua Jabs Off it, RAMROD Jabs Off it, Range Find Jabs Off it, Feints the Jab, Hooks Off the Jab, Throws HIGH Hooks to the Head, Bodyshots w/the Hook, Uppercuts, Everything...The Right Hand is Mjolnir, Obviously, but Joshua is Getting Better and BETTER @ Preoccupying Foes w/his Left, to LAND the Right...

This Dude can FIGHT....He's Got Frank Bruno's Size and Physique, w/GENUINE Big Man Athleticism and Grace...And Virtually EVERY Fight, he Exhibits Lennox Lewis Level SKILLS and Boxing Acumen, w/a TRUE & Ever Present Killer Instinct...

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  29. Jesus of montreal

I think he fights a lot like a young wladimir, with the way he hooks off his jab.

I also likes the shoulder roll/counter right hand he's doing, but I'm not sure he will be able to pull it off against faster/better opponents

30. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

The Size, Physique, Skill Level, Left Jab, Athleticism and AGGRESSION is Definitely Reminiscent of "Early Doors" Wlad...If/When Joshua Gets Sparked, Hopefully it DOESN'T Completely Alter his Style, the Way it Did Wlad...

The Heavyweight Division HASN'T Been the LEAST Bit Fun Since Lennox-Vitali....REED's Had FUN Watching Joshua, Since the Whyte Fight...

Also, REED's Had a Lifelong INFATUATION w/British Fight Crowds, Dating Back to Hagler-Minter and the PASSION that Led to Them Pelting the Ring w/Bottles...And the Chants, of Course...If Joshua STAYS the Course, REED WILL Partake in a Live, British Boxing, Anthony Joshua Fight...This is On the Verge of Being Some Boxing "Bucket List" Type of Shit...