Anthony Joshua v Wladimir Klitschko

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Rich ´Money´ Mustard, Apr 24, 2017.

1. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

THIS!!!...

REED:rolleyes:

2. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

This is what I think: in another 8 fights he'll be the finished article and would beat to a pulp, any version of 'prime' Klitschko (whatever era you wanna pick).

At 19 fights he showed loads more than I expected vs Wlad. That right-hand down the middle in Rd6 would've ended most heavies.
    Definatetly on the bandwagon here. ...

3. Neil

Neil tueur de grenouilles

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    Joshua is not frank Bruno 2.0?

4. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

Well, it´s an easy comparison to make: likeable, General-Public favorite with a big heart - the sort of boxer your Grandmother would love. Says all the right things.
    Plus, physically he´s similar build to Bruno....except Bruno was almost bodybuilder-esque.

Where the differences are, imo, Joshua, at 19 fights shows a lot more variety in his punches, he moves far better, his jab is better, his footwork definitely is and he doesn´t look as robotic as Bruno.
    Plus he´s far, more effective on the inside than Bruno ever was, who often looked like he was desperately ´arm-clubbing´ his punches because he was so bad at in-fighting.

Bruno could never pull this shot off:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Klitschko did very well for a 41 year old,and don't talk shit about his right hand......he'd have followed that up if he could have and ended it right there. Guys been good for boxing for one simple reason......take him,and perhaps his brother out, and you've got Boremane Stifferne vs Fats Arreola down the UnionMeat Packing Plant for the WBC title live on HBO for $39948.99 PPV, not over 12 rounds, but over 12 years.

6. Jimmy

Jimmy The Greatest of Are Times

Definitely not.

7. His_Royness

His_Royness "Twinkle Toes" McJack

:lol: at people saying he didn't tried to finish Joshua in the sixth. He almost fell down from missing with some wild left hooks and had him on the ropes, too. He has just not been very precise with his hands lately. That is nothing new.

What's interesting to me is how he survived the 5th. When he was absolutely spent in the same situation with Brewster 13 years ago. There was something fishy about this KO and his last fight proved that. He has actually great heart. To suggest otherwise after the Brewster fight has already been stupid as hell. And his chin seems okay. He just can't take head clear head punches without panicking. Although even that was better against AJ.

8. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Sky Sports even mentioned the Brewster fight when the shit hit the fan in the 5th.

They quietened down in a hurry.

It was a good fight and a rare fight where neither man did himself any harm.

Considering that Wlad was all but finished in 2004, he's done pretty well for himself since.

9. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Yeah, morons, Wlad went for it but just could not find the range or the accuracy or both.

10. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

I think Wlad did try to finish him in the 6th but AJ slipped a lot of the follow up shots. He showed some good survival instincts.

If anything, I'd argue Wlad had him in greater trouble in the 5th round when AJ was spent after unloading a lot of power shots. Wlad landed some monster shots there; left hooks/right uppercuts... AJ showed a lot standing up to that.

I think the experience with Whyte prepared AJ for that. Wlad was very aggressive and lively coming out for this one and his aggression took AJ aback for a bit. AJ's short punches inside were indeed impressive as HUT mentioned earlier. Those left hooks especially were MONEY for him when they landed. And that uppercut in the 11th was just perfection.

I think that was a great fight. There was a lot of drama and skill on display. Hats off. If AJ can bring some more excitement, it could remove the bad taste of some previous "big fights" that didn't deliver as far as expectations.

11. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

Agreed with all of this. What I like about AJ, even if he eventually is "exposed" as this or that, is that he fights to win as opposed to fighting not to lose. The latter attitude has ruined so many big fights in recent years and turned the masses off boxing.

12. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:

In Vlad's case, his next loss was always his "Last" if you see what I mean.

I have a feeling the same bullshit will be applied to Joshua.

The Yanks will get the belts and keep them......

13. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Just my tuppence:

Vlad won't retire, he will rematch Fury first.

Joshua won't fight Fury, not for a good while.

Wilder won't fight anyone, won't leave the USA, will demand that Fury, Joshua and Klit prove themselves first, America the home of sport, blah blah.

14. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

$$$$ talks. I think Wilder might come might come to the UK for AJ.

The dude can't draw to flies to shit anywhere outside of Alabama.

I don't think he's afraid of AJ, and since financially the fight makes the most sense in the UK, Wilder will probably do it.

15. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Thing is, even in America, nobody cares about Wilder. As X said, he can't draw outside of Alabumblefukville, and he's known more for being a big mouth than anything.

Wilder I have a feeling, will have no choice but to come to the UK if he wants that fight, or even the Fury fight.

Irish likes this.
  16. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Lol, get a grip on reality. Wilder was going to fight povetkin in russia before the latter fucked up and got caught using ped.

17. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Yeah sure. Funny how that got nixed, suddenly.

18. Bordon

Bordon Undisputed Champion

It's clear Wilder is ducking Klit. To Irish at least.

19. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Interesting times ahead, but I don't think Wilder will be the King when it's all said and done.

20. Jesus of montreal

There was nothing fishy in the Brewster fight. Guy had a panic attack when he saw that Brewster was still coming at him, even after he threw the sink at him. You sounds as bad as the Byrd fans who claim wlad put something on his gloves in their fight.

And yes wlad tried a bit to end in the 5th and 6th, but he went full wald pussy mode afterward. Thats what cost hin the fight. Hell, even wlad himself admitted it, but since wlad fans are a sad disillusioned bunch, they refuse to admit it.

And huge lol at the brewster fight proving wlad had heart. Dude quit and folded mentally when he barely got hit. What a clown you turned out to be

21. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:

Wilder's a sideshow, he's not pertinent. He's got to make himself pertinent.

22. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    :lol:

"Panic Attack"................Brewster went on the White Bum tour and Lyakhovich took his eye out. Good Karma.

23. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

REED Didn't Think it'd Happen, but Joshua Appeared to be a Bit TIGHT, @ the Beginning...More Importantly, Wlad Looked a LOT More Inspired from the Outset, than he EVER Did vs. Fury...

@ the Opening Bell, Wlad TOOK Center Ring and Forced Joshua on his Back Foot, Playing Defense...Wlad was FLUID, COMBATIVE, Threw FEINTS and Showcased Exquisite FOOTWORK...Clearly the More POLISHED Boxer of the 2...

1nce Acclimated, Joshua Looked to LAND a Hurtful Shot @ the Start of Every Round...The Fact that he Looks to INITIATE Contact is What Will Resonate w/the Masses More than Anything Else...

Wlad HASN'T Landed 5 Better Right Hands than the 1 he Dropped A.J. w/ (Not to Mention the Lefty Love Tap During Joshua's Trip to the Canvas)...Wlad Landed 5-7 OTHER Flush Right Hands Also, All of Which A.J. Handled Well...If he were Legit CHINNY, he Doesn't Win this Fight...

Joshua ATE Some Shots Post Knockdown As Well, yet Effectively EVADED Left Hooks via Head Movement and Gluing his Right Glove/Forearm to the Side of his Head for Defense....A Lesson Learned from the Whyte Fight...

REED's Seen Joshua's INFIGHTING Mentioned; Landed More Bodyshots than Any 6'6 Heavyweight REED's Ever Seen...

BOTH Men were Enhanced from this Fight...Some Questions were ASKED and Some Questions were ANSWERED, @ the End of the Day...There's NO Doubt Joshua Fought a BETTER Version of Wlad than Fury Did...

REED:cool:

Slice N Dice and Jimmy like this.
  24. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Yes, there was very little negative in it, Ref did OK in there too, and it wasn't Ward-Gatti on the Skill-Defence level either. It was high-calibre stuff , not just a wild shootout.

Slice N Dice likes this.
  25. Jesus of montreal

Yeah, cause povetkin failed a drug test a few days before the fight. Wilder even won a court case against Povetkin for breach of contract. He is blameless in this one. You re souding as ridiculous and Ill informed as Neil