Battleship

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by BOSS, May 17, 2012.

1. TKO

TKO Administrator Staff Member

Agree with Hanz - I wanted to turn off after 10 minutes it was that bad - pure shite

2. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

I think my 4/10 rating was tooo generous... it's BAD..BAD....2012 and 10,000bc were a whole lot better...well not that much better. 2012 is about 30-40 minutes too long.....and truely don't remember much about 10K bc..other that pretty ass Camilla Belle...

3. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

Yeah the shit that killed me about Battleship is they come from another Galaxy with the most state of the art alien space craft and it damn near had the same weapons as the fucking American Navy ships. How come they put up a force field over a large area but didn't have any for their ships? Where were their fucking laser beams?

It was an okay film, even good at times, but it has a shit replay value.

4. TKO

TKO Administrator Staff Member

What killed me was the fact that American won the war..

5. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    HaHa! I watched it the other night, expecting a bad movie night special, but it was actually far better then I expected. Yes, there were holes in the plot, yes it was preposterous, yes, the aliens weren't as bright as they should have been, but I feel as if they had just ditched the "Battleship" Hasbro game tie-in and just made it a stand alone movie on it's own, it would have been more highly regarded.

I thought the action scenes were well staged and I liked the look of the aliens. What actually surprised me, was that the movie was pretty funny in parts.................on purpose. I've always liked Peter Berg as a Director, and he's never really taken his action movies seriously. With what he had to work with, I thought he certainly did a better job then the over-serious dreck we're used to seeing out of Michael Bay and Roland Emmerich. I normally hate these types of movies, but I didn't hate this one.

I loved the scene in the beginning where they lampooned the YouTube video of the guy breaking in the convenience store through the roof, and getting stuck in the store until the cops showed up. No, it didn't make any sense, but I think that was the point. The director was making the best out of what he had, without trying to turn into a Bay/Emmerich clone.

Sorry guys. :dunno:

:lol:

6/10

6. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    so did Rhianna take it in the ass in this film or what?

7. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    Why do you think I gave it a 6 instead of a 5.

:bears:

8. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    :mj: