Brand new modern fitba 2018-19 thread!! SEE YOU!!

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame/Shame' started by Jimmy, Jun 21, 2018.

1. meetthefeebles

meetthefeebles Drunken Geordie Bastard

Welcome. Don't get conned, dafty.

MTF

2. meetthefeebles

Now, I don't think anyone here would disagree that I detest the Hearn family. Cannot abide any of them. But on one thing, old Bazza put the whole PC brigade firmly back in a box they'll never climb out of.

In snooker and darts, like fitba, a few of the 'top' female players started making noise about how 'they were being discriminated against' compared to male players. After completely wasting his money trying to encourage something of financial value to emerge from the two or so actually competent female darts players, he sacked the whole thing off and told them; 'you want equality and the same opportunities as men? So be it' and he scrapped the entire women's tours in both games and opened both up to all players, regardless of gender. When a few angry bull-dykes complained, he simply told everyone that 'we have the most equal sports in the world, with no divisions based on gender. The best players can earn millions, regardless of whether male or female'.

That argument is, in my humble view, legally bulletproof; how can he be accused of discrimination or inequality if he literally treats all players the same? The only possible legal challenge would be on the basis that women are, erm...not actually as good as men so they need a separate tour, and there isn't one of these agenda-driven radges going to accept that as the basis of any publicly made case, so they simply accepted it, played, lost badly and mostly fucked off away to something else. And these, BTW, are games where there is no real physical reason why a woman couldn't be as good as a man. It isn't like in rugby, where some bulldyke might end up being charged at speed by some twenty stone AB forward.

Smart cunts, those Hearns. Bastards, aye, but smart.

MTF

3. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Emily Maitlis plumbing peak wank on the BBC on our dollar. Dessicated old prune.

4. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:

Seems to be to be a commonsense case.

People complain, for example........Maitlis and friends saying "It's not womens football, it's the World Cup".

These people are detached from reality and there's no dealing with them.

Maitlis now saying that in the "Mens World Cup" it is normally the "Latin American Countries, the Spanish speaking countries that always get through".

Last World Cup............Argentina gone in 2nd round. Paraguay not there. Venezuela not there. Chile not there. Brazil don't speak Spanish and got spanked in the quarters. Uruguay went out faily early too.

Total ignorance all around. These people are strangers to reality.

5. meetthefeebles

These people are morons.

The funny thing is, when I was a bairn, we used to play with the odd lassie at step 9 of the FL, before I moved to North Shields in 2005. One lass we had on our team was a very decent fitba player. Would have probably been a professional women player, if such a thing existed back then. She was quick, strong, good on the ball and a fiesty little bastard; had no qualms trading hands with blokes who tried to wind her up or take liberties. Still see her knocking round Gateshead. She's a good egg, on the whole.

There is no question that she was capable of playing with, and against, male players at a relatively low level of non-league fitba in England. No shame in that - was about my level, too, and I consider myself to have been a canny player back in the day. But she was an exceptionally good woman player; one of only two who played in a league with two divisions and forty teams, and that was her level. It wasn't that girls couldn't play with or against us, it was that they were mostly shit.

I would honestly put every penny I owned on that England women's side losing to the Gateshead FC side I watched in their last game of the season in May. Heavily. I can live with women's fitba as it's own 'thing', and I enjoyed the game tonight and cheered the lassies on, but this notion of it being somehow equatible to the mens game needs to be addressed.

MTF

6. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Mate.........the side Rafa is gone to manage would bash them. Never mind Gateshead.

7. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

I don't disagree with the premise at all and the women were for the most part shown up completely, but didn't that Russian female player get a win against somebody decent in the Grand Slam of Darts tournament? I vaguely remember her winning or at least being really competitive against someone, her surname began with 'D'.

8. meetthefeebles

I can't spell her name and can't be arsed to look it up, but you're thinking of Anastasia Dobromislova (sic). She beat Vincent Van de Voort in the GSOD years ago in a best of nine leg match.

First and still the only televised win for a woman against a man. And she, along with Lisa Ashton and Fallon Sherrock, are the three best female dart players in the world by a country mile. Sherrock this year on the tour is the best performing, earning a cool £100 in prize money.

MTF

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  9. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

So about the cost of 1 hour parking in London?

cdogg187 likes this.
  10. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Fucking darts

11. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Fuck me I was clueless till you gave me that vital break.................. :eek:

12. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    The sheer irony of it being that women have innate natural advantages over men in matters which require patience and hand-eye coordination, like welding, soldering, riveting....Darts should be right up their street. My guess is the issue is not just physical it's mental. Men can stand there and absorb hours of this bullshit. Women can't.

13. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    Men tend more towards obsessive interest in external things generally, I'd say. Maybe one of the biggest of all sex differences? Takes a pretty weird bent to wanna practice darts 5 hours a day for fun

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  14. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Probably just way fewer women bother playing fucking darts

This isn't a fucking sport, it's got nothing to do with speed and strength ... women's football is shite because nobody's got the pace to cover ground and nobody's got enough strength to play long passes or shots so you wind up with everything occurring in clusters ... 20 women bunched up together like a kid's match ... more power to them, it's great they have the opportunity and if people like it, great but I don't enjoy it

Darts? Get the fuck outta here... if you could somehow get more women interested in it, you'd have plenty of them winning at these "elite" levels ... a completely unathletic weakling can excel at FUCKING DARTS

BOWLING is more of a fucking sport than that because at least the ball is heavy and a certain degree of strength and control matters male vs female

Darts? Might as well declare that Beer Pong is strictly a man's game

Slice N Dice likes this.
  15. Steve-Dingo

Steve-Dingo Wizard of Oz

FLECHETTE FYEWD!

Irish and cdogg187 like this.
  16. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    There was a piece of play shortly after the USA went 1-0 up which completely illustrates this...........it turned into a pell-mell which neither side could break until eventually the ball got unceremoniously kicked out out of play.

I don't mind womens football, I just mind being told that I am watching something I know I am not.

cdogg187 likes this.
  17. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    It's why they get paid more. They sit more on a certain thing and see it out to the nth degree.

18. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
  19. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    Well certainly they're more willing on average to do so with boring, well paid shit like STEM fields and their applied financial spin-offs.

20. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Yes.......but Women do go looking for a family eventually too, and that puts bosses on notice.

P

21. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    PS good performance tonight from VDG at the heart of Dutch defence. She's been decent. Rest of it has been largely pish.

22. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Fucking hell..............Ref got in the way there and set up a Dutch attack. That could have been it. If they score from this corner you can trace it back to the Referee.

23. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Van den Sanden is brutal. She just nearly had a David Ginola vs Bulgaria moment.

24. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    The Jason Lee of womens football. Where did they find her?

25. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

My position on darts has been well established with Feebs, it isn't a sport in any way, shape or form. Saying that, it is brilliant to both play and watch, and the 2007 PDC final between Van Barneveld and Taylor is genuinely one of the most gripping moments of television I've ever witnessed, no lie. It must seem utterly absurd to an American, and I get it, but that was some good shit I'm telling ya.

26. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Sure I'm just saying there's literally no reason a woman couldn't be just as good at it as a man ... you could be the most pathetically weak adult specimen on Earth and absolutely kill at darts

27. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    It'd be like saying "well the women's game is a lot easier in Scrabble™... much lower standard, it's a lot tougher with the lads"

28. meetthefeebles

There are literally tens of thousands of women's darts players in the UK. Hundreds of leagues for female darts players.

MTF

29. meetthefeebles

Sure there isn't. That's the basis of Hearn's administration of it.

MTF

30. Jimmy

Jimmy The Greatest of Are Times

It's quite painful watching Women play. The keeping and defending are atrocious but there's been some decent link up play in this World Cup and some decent goals scored too.