Captain America: The Winter Soldier trailer

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Panchyprsss, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Joe King

Joe King WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Player
    I'm looking forward to it but the Winter Soldier looks like Cobra Commander

2. TKO

TKO Administrator Staff Member

:lol:

:bears:

3. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

:hammert:

4. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

Will Captain America be tortur... erm using enhanced interrogation techniques?

5. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    he better or else im demanding my money back.

6. Panchyprsss

Steve Rogers is an old fashioned red-white & blue patriot. He will never cross the line like Kal-El did.

7. Panchyprsss

8. Panchyprsss

[​IMG]

Captain America: The Winter Soldier I just came back from the movie theater and here is my brief review: if you love action films with awesome hand to hand combat, lots of gunpowder, an intelligent plot, twists and a few surprises, this is your movie. This film is THE best Marvel movie ever made. The Avengers looks like a kiddie cartoon next to this one. If our protagonist wasn't Captain America this could have been a 'Bourne' or a James Bond movie. Not recommendable for little children since there is plenty of bodycount and bone crushing violence. This film has raised the bar for Marvel the same way The Dark Knight raised it for DC & Batman. In fact (and I will be chastised for this by the Nolanites) this film is as good as The Dark Knight. I will not give any of the plot away yet, but the events in this film mark a turning point in the Marvel Movie Universe and the following films will follow the events started on this one. And to end my brief review I'll say that you don't need to have seen the previous Captain America movie to enjoy this one, but if you did, the viewing is more pleasant. And finally the Stan Lee cameo isn't distracting from the plot but occurs in a vital climatic point of the film. Great movie!9.5/10

9. Panchyprsss

This film has finally done justice to the Captain America character as he was like an afterthought in The Avengers. Here the cap is an extraordinary martial artist par none: his fight with Batroc the Leaper, a comicbook villain who has un unmasked cameo here courtesy of mix martial arts champ George St.Pierre, was pure gold. Also Steve Rogers make a better use of his shield here. Natasha Romanoff aka Black Widow is also very impressive in her fight scenes and made me a believer in a Black Widow solo film. And Sebastian Stan as The Winter Soldier proves to be the equal of Captain America with the advantage of that robotic arm and his no remorse in using fire power against his enemies. A formidable foe.

[​IMG]

10. Joe King

Joe King WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Player
    Solid movie. Enjoyed the movie which was just as much of a Black Widow movie. Black Falcon was great also. Good to see S.H.I.E.L.D. fallible and vulnerable.

11. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

REED was off Easter Sunday, so he Took the Fam to See "Captain America"...

REED OPENLY Questioned if "Cap" was Toooo SAPPY to Be a CONSISTENT Stand Alone Marvel Character & Based on Black Widow's PROMINENT Role (Not to Mention Nick Fury & Black Falcon), Maybe he Isn't, but his Old School VALUES & UNYIELDING Commitment to Doing What he Feels is "Right" makes for an ALWAYS Interesting Contrast to Modern Day Mores...

It Wasn't the Best Comic Book Flick REED's Every Seen, but "Captain America" was VERY Good...8.5 Out of 10, Based on the Genre...

REED:num:

12. Roll With The Punches

Roll With The Punches WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    can d/l a rip now

good movie :bears: better than the first probably, though I cant remember it too much

13. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

MUCH Better than the 1st...

REED:mj:

14. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    Hard for me to find any of these movies compelling, but this was leaps and bounds better then the last "Thor" movie, though all these stand-alone "Avengers" movies just seem to be identical templates with very similar story lines. 6/10

15. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    Well the problem Marvel has IMO is that the shock aspect of graphics and SFX has worn off. Now you need to make quality movie. That is why i actually liked Guardians of the Galaxy and i think i might enjoy Antman.

16. Panchyprsss

Captain America: The Winter Soldier is the second best reviewed Marvel film basically because of the quality of its plot (a throwback to the 70's paranoid political trillers!) and the excellent action sequence. Much praise to its directors who are currently filming its sequel, Civil War.