Chavez Jr misses post fight drug test....

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Hex-One, Feb 6, 2012.

1. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  2. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    That's what I was saying, as the Irish used to say, the only crime is to be poor. :lol: The worst thing the WBO ever did was to be not taken seriously by anyone, despite having a decent strip of champions. Too many dead guys on their lists. At least they weren't so fast to strip guys who unified, I will give them that much. Or maybe you heard different. :dunno:

3. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    :giggle::giggle:

4. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    "sanctioning bodies are good for the sport"

5. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    what does the sanctioning body have to do with drug testing? that should fall on the state commission. i blame Dick cole

6. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    I blame Dick Cavett.

7. *Z*

*Z* WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

I blame Dick Clark

8. Double L

Double L Book Reader

I blamr PBF.

9. mexican wedding shirt

mexican wedding shirt The Greatest of Are Times

I blame mikE.

mikE :lol:

10. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

11. mikE

mikE "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Didn't take too long to find a recent example of the IBF being far from 'the best' sanctioning body.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    from fightnews:<o:p></o:p>
    The IBF has made Carl Froch the mandatory challenger to Lucian Bute’s super-middleweight title. The former two-time WBC champion had been linked to a “home and awayâ€￾ clash with <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Bute</st1:place> and now the 34 year-old looks set to challenge the Canadian for the title after the IBF installed him as the number one contender for the belt.<o:p></o:p>
    Okay, a quick review of the past 2 pages will show why I have no love for the IBF.<o:p></o:p>
    Froch is coming off of a clear loss. He has done nothing to justify a #1 mandatory rating, has he? Especially, when the idea of the vacancies is to make a guy earn the #1 (or #2) rating to become a mandatory. This is just pure arbitrary bullshit on the part of the IBF.<o:p></o:p>
    I'm not saying I care for their typical way to accomplish this...that would be having the guy they want to be #1 (Froch) fight some chump American who just happens to be the 'highest available challenger'. Looking at their current ratings...<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    oh, this is beautiful...http://www.ibf-usba-boxing.com/

1. Not Rated
    2. Not Rated
    3. Edwin Rodriguez
    4. Arthur Abraham
    5. Carl Froch

Two freaking days ago (!) they posted new rankings with Froch rated at #5, Abraham at #4, and Edwin Rodriguez at #3. Now, two days later, Froch leapfrogs to #1 and becomes a mandatory?<o:p></o:p>

12. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    being "among the best sanctioning bodies' is like being "among the fastest runners in a room containing 10 people, 90% of whom are quadriplegics"

13. V10

V10 Undisputed Champion

:lol:

14. *Z*

*Z* WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Abraham moved back to 160, and who the fuck is Edwin Rodriguez?

15. mikE

[1] Yes he did.

[2] An undefeated guy who has fought on tv several times and who has beaten some decent competion.

Neither of these has anything to do with the absurdity and lack of integrity displayed by the IBF by posting ratings one day and then changing them two days later in order to force negotiations between Bute and Froch. As I recall, sanctioning bodies are required to explain changes in their rankings. Good luck to the IBF in justifying this change.

16. Jake

Jake WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    Rodriguez is fighting Donovan George next month on HBO. Both turned down eliminators to instead fight each other. Don't blame them, but that's the reason they were both passed over.

I have a story coming on Froch receiving placement in the IBF and why he's being fast-forwarded to a title. The abridged version is that between Froch and Andrade, no fewer than half-dozen fighters turned down eliminators, instead holding out for their own title shots. The IBF covered its bases in this, none of it was done on a whim.

17. Jake

Home Page:
    And why are you not as vocal w/ the WBC and its lack of feasible explanation for ordering no fewer than three eliminators for the 154 lb title, yet Alvarez (who never beat a ranked fighter to win the title and yet to make a mandatory defense) continues to do as he pleases - all the while with criminal charges hanging over his head.

To say that Froch receiving a ranking constitutes a "lack of integrity" is absurd. He's no worse than the 3rd best SMW on the planet, and certainly the best 168 lb. challenger in the world (meaning, fighter w/o a title, lineal or otherwise).

18. mikE

Interesting. When I saw the timing on what happened, I didn't think there would be any way that this would be the case.

19. mikE

[1] I didn't say the IBF was the best, you did. I didn't say the WBC is the best, either, though. I am all for legitimate criticism of sanctioning bodies which is what you are describing. Frankly, I wasn't aware of what you are describing.

[2] I don't care if they rank him at #1 after his loss to Ward. My problem was with him being rated as the 3rd best by the IBF and two days later getting to leapfrog the two guys in front of him and becoming a mandatory with seemingly no possible justification. Now I will wait for your story to find out what happened. It does seem odd that they couldn't find anyone to fight Froch for mandatory status and the #1 ranking, though. As I remember their language.."the two highest rated available challengers" or something like that fight to fill vacancies. Obviously, Froch didn't have to fight anyone to move from 5th (3rd highest) to #1 and become the mandatory.

20. Double L

Double L Book Reader

Could the IBF have leap-frogged Froch in preparation for stripping Bute, knowing that Bute and Froch are not fighting?

21. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    Yeah, I hate to, when sanctioning bodies leapfrog the best available fighter to the #1 spot in hopes of forcing a compelling fight.

Crooked f#*kin' scumbags!

22. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

You wouldn't rather see Bute vs. Rodruguez?

23. Jake

Home Page:
    The IBF ordered a total of seven eliminators from the time of Bute's last defense, which was when he fought Mendy in July.

Donovan George was supposed to fight Pablo Farias (1) in Argentina. Pablo got injured, and his handlers stopped answering phone calls and e-mails when it came time to reschedule.

George was then positioned to face Andrade (2) in December. That fight fell through when George pulled out the day of the fight over ring size discrepancy.

George-Andrade was re-ordered (3). George's team instead declined to fight.

Andrade-Farias (4) was ordered. Farias again had problems communicating w/ the outside world.

During that time, Froch's handlers - on the heels of his newfound status as ex-champion - requested a ranking (not uncommon for any fighter who loses/gives up a title). IBF honored request, placed him on Top 5 based on recent past achievements and level of comp.

Rodriguez-Andrade (5) was ordered, but Rodriguez' people immediately notified IBF they were instead fighting George.

Adonis Stevenson-Jesus Gonzalez is already for #2 ranking.

Froch-Andrade (6) was attempted to be ordered, but Golden Boy already stated it had other plans for Andrade (though for the moment Andrade has no clue what they are).

Froch-Thomas Oosthuizen (7) was ordered. DiBella and Rodney Berman (Oosthuizen's S.A. promoter) instead decided he's better served fighting for IBO title.

IBF finally said fuck it, Froch only fighter available in time for Bute's next due mandatory, so he was bumped to top spot.

24. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    And it helps that Froch is basically a very respectable fighter with no embarrassments. Froch vs Anyone is a decent, marketable affair- he's either fought and beaten anyone that also deserves a fight with Bute, or they were afraid to fight him in the first place.

Froch vs Bute is a good fight for anyone. With no titles of his own, Froch can get placement pretty much anywhere.

25. mikE

Good stuff.

However, look at the hoops the IBF jumped through trying to exert its authority. If we go back to the previous ratings that would have been in effect when all of this was going on, here were the ratings (without Froch being inserted, yet):

1 Blank
    2 Blank
    3 Pablo Farias
    4 Don George
    5 Edwin Rodriguez
    6 Librado Andrade
    7 Thomas Oosthuizen
    12 Jesus Gonzalez
    15 Adonis Stevenson

Here's why I don't think the IBF is off the hook on what happened, although you may have more information...

(1) Only possible one to blame is Farias.

(2) George's fault. *

(3) George's fault. *

(4) Farias's fault.

(5) Here's something that doesn't make sense.

* In the IBF's July 2011 ratings, Andrade is rated 7 and Rodriguez is rated 8. However, in Aug 2011 through to the present ratings, Rodriguez is rated ahead of Andrade. So why was George vs Andrade ordered before George vs Rodriguez? With Farias out of the picture, George vs Rodriguez were the next two highest available challengers. This had to be the case when (5) occurred, wasn't it?

Not only that, but they have a freaking HBO date. If there ever is a time to bend a rule a bit, it's when two non-champions get a chance to fight on HBO.

(5.5) These two guys probably should not be eligible for a #2 rating according to the IBF's rules. http://assets.ibf-usba-boxing.com/File/IBFRatingsCriteria.pdf
    Were the guys rated above them given the opportunity to fight for the #2 rating? Stevenson last fought in December 2011, so I am guessing not.

This just demonstrates some of the reasons I do not believe the IBF is 'the best sanctioning body by far'. They've got a convoluted system that rarely works (look at how many vacancies they have--it is ridiculous) and when your two highest available challengers schedule a fight on HBO, they get leapfrogged by a lower-rated former champion because they didn't get to the same exact fight that the IBF should have ordered by waiting for the IBF to order it.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  26. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

Bute vs. The Hilton Brothers..........all of 'em.

Make it happen IBF!

:pray:

27. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

Real talk.

28. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

I'm going to this fight on Saturday. Think it'll be a good scrap?

29. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

So, you're in favor of the good old fashioned, in your face cronyism of the WBC and WBA?

No convoluted plots to sniff out. Just utter ridiculousness. Plain as day. No point in even dissecting the ratings or who did or didn't turn down fights.

:bears:

30. mikE

You'll have to better explain your point. I don't get it. I don't think you get it, either.