Cleverly v Bellew

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Rich ´Money´ Mustard, Nov 21, 2014.

1. meetthefeebles

meetthefeebles Drunken Geordie Bastard

Boxing News had him 4 up through 6. Insane.

MTF

2. mexican wedding shirt

mexican wedding shirt The Greatest of Are Times

A corrupt one, surely.

3. meetthefeebles

meetthefeebles Drunken Geordie Bastard

Terrible fight. Terrible fighters. Terrible commentators. Terrible scorecard. Corruption throughout the card. Mismatches everywhere. Awful analysis. All at PPV prices.

Garbage.

MTF

4. who?

who? Undisputed Champion

I used to watch every one in the 90s early 2000s but they just seem to fill me with a feeling of doom these days. over the years I've put money into warrens pockets ffs

5. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Couldn't said it any better

6. mexican wedding shirt

Yeah, and that Hearn is a big smarmy chode.

7. who?

who? Undisputed Champion

im still a huge boxing fan but admit I'm totally out of touch with the domestic scene these days as to how I feel about it

8. who?

who? Undisputed Champion

seriously, degale who gives a fuck about that absolute real life pinhead dimwit

9. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    So did Joshua not look the business then or something......here is the Mirrors take

"Anthony Joshua is closing in on the British heavyweight title after demolishing veteran campaigner Michael Sprott inside one round.Joshua has still not be taken beyond three rounds in any of his 10 pro fights and former European, British and Commonwealth champ Sprott had no answer to his power.
    Joshua knocked him back on to the ropes, landing 17 unanswered punches before referee Terry O'Connor stepped in to stop it just one minute and 26 seconds into the first round at Liverpool's Echo Arena.
    The 2012 Olympic champion has still to be tested as a professional and continues to look the real deal.
    He wore short black shorts and black boots in the ring, which were reminiscent of Mike Tyson in his pomp and although, very different in stature to the former undisputed world heavyweight king, he is every bit as destructive.
    Joshua said: “I'm glad to finish the year this way and I'm glad to be back in Liverpool.
    “It's a fighting game. He wanted to carry on and so did I. I've now got to go back to the dressing room and do nine rounds of pads.”
    Promoter Eddie Hearn has lined up Kevin Johnson next at London's O2 and feels he is the best heavyweight in Britain.
    “It's the perfect end to the year for him,” he said. “There is no-one in the division, who can stand up to him. He is next out on January 31 against Kevin Johnson at the O2 and that is the perfect fight for him.
    “By next summer, he will be ready for anyone in the country. It's going to be a great journey.”

10. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Anthony Joshua wins!
    That didn't take long! Too much power, too much class fromAnthony Joshua!
    He throws a series of power shots and Michael Sprott has no answer. It's a good job the ref stepped in when he did - that was brutal.
    It's Joshua's tenth win and perhaps his most impressive, even if his opponent offered no serious threat.
    Brilliant stuff.

11. who?

who? Undisputed Champion

joshua destructive as tyson oh dear

12. mexican wedding shirt

:lol:

What that mug has failed to grasp, is not only that Tyson was better, and looked better, but was destructive against hugely better opposition than retired punching bags like Sprott.

13. who?

who? Undisputed Champion

im away to scrape my face off with sandpaper and a wooden block

14. mexican wedding shirt

I can't believe that Mirror mug said that.

"Listen chaps, I think it's clear after 10 pro fights, Joshua is every bit as destructive as Tyson was".

15. Jimmy

Jimmy The Greatest of Are Times

I never had any intention of buying this PPV and I'm delighted I didn't. Sky cards have been shit for ages now and they're getting worse.

What a waste putting Sprott in with Joshua. Was always going to be a one-round demolition job. I like the Kevin Johnson matchup though. At least Johnson will make Joshua think in there and take him some rounds.