Crawford-Gamboa: Final predictions

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Xplosive, Jun 23, 2014.

1. mexican wedding shirt

mexican wedding shirt The Greatest of Are Times

Crawford is good. Better than I gave him credit for, and better than he looked against Burns. Still, it looked like the main reason he won was size. Gamboa is not a lightweight, and should not be fighting at lightweight.

Still, he deserves credit for the win, and making the adjustments after getting clearly beaten for the first 4 rounds.

2. mexican wedding shirt

Actually no, other people have times Gamboa's sloppy rushes and floored him too. He was the first guy who was big enough to take Gamboa's shots no problem, and hurt him in return.

3. mexican wedding shirt

The reason you don't like him is he seems like an arrogant yuppie. No one likes yuppies, especially arrogant ones, apart from other yuppies.

However, I'd much rather watch Terrence beat up Broner.

4. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

If Crawford was a big, slow bum like Rios, Gamboa would have tattooed him for 12 rounds despite the size. It took speed, ability, and skill to take Gamboa apart the way Crawford did.

5. Xplosive

Algeria vs Broner. Fire bomb the ring.

I think at this point we'd all like to see Crawford-Broner, as I dont "All Bitch" has any fans left. The only thing AB would win against Crawford are the press conferences.

6. mexican wedding shirt

Of course it did. Crawford was impressive, especially keeping calm after losing the first 4, turning southpaw, and then beating Gamboa up. But still, to me the main story of the fight was Crawford's ability to hurt and not be hurt by Gamboa. If they were the same size it would have been a different story.

7. Xplosive

No, I think Crawford proved last night he's very good. No merely "GOOD" fighter is gonna systematically destroy Gamboa.

He deserves more than the "good" label.

8. Xplosive

If they were the same size Crawford would STILL win, as he has better skills, a better brain, and better stamina. Gamboa is fast, but he's dumb. Crawford is not quite as fast, but he has a very high ring IQ and he's accurate. That wins everytime over flash.

The Gamboa of last night would have beaten any other lightweight in the world besides TC.

9. mexican wedding shirt

Yeah you might be right. He might even turn out to be an excellent fighter. I'll reserve judgement though until he beats a legit fighter his own size, as to me it looked like the size difference was the main reason the tides turned.

But I can't see anyone beating him at 135 obviously.

10. Xplosive

No, the main reason the tide turned is Crawford had the the skill to consistently time Gamboa coming in, and counter him to sleep.

Gamboa doesn't have a quality chin at ANY weight, size be damned.

11. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

:cheer:

12. Haymaker

Haymaker WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Same here. Crawford is nothing special, he was just the right kind of guy to beat someone like Gamboa. The size disparity helped.

13. Haymaker

Haymaker WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

:clapagain:

14. Xplosive

Good job REED. Nailed it exactly. The thing I love THE MOST about Crawford is that he has what the vast majority of young fighters today NOT have; killer fuckin instinct! So many guys would have been content with just winning a decision over Gamboa after dropping him. Not Crawford. He wasn't afraid to take risks, and take shots to take Gamboa out. He has a technician skills, and a FIGHTER's mentality.

15. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

EXCELLENT Bout...

Momentum Shifts, Knockdowns, Displays of SPEED, POWER, Exquisite COUNTER PUNCHING...A High Contact Fight Waged in Fairly CLOSE Quarters...The BEST Fight REED's Seen Thus Faaaaaaaaaaar, in 2014...

REED Looooooooooves Crawford's COMPOSURE...It'd have Been VERY Easy to Panic, LOSING the 1st 3-4 Rounds in Front of your Home Crowd, Getting Beaten to the Punch & STRUGGLING w/Gamboa's Speed...Even Turning Southpaw DIDN'T Work Initially, but Crawford Stayed the Course...

Caught Gamboa Coming In w/a Short, Counter Right & the Floodgates Opened...REED Applauds Crawford's CALM Under Fire, his PERSISTENCE & his Ability to ADJUST on the Fly...

REED Also Applauds Gamboa's Fighting SPIRIT...There's NO Bitch in Gamboa; Dude Went Out on his Shield...

REED:clapagain:

16. Xplosive

Define "special". Crawford's one of the 10 best fighters in the world. He's a better fighter than Canelo, yet will never receive a fraction of the hype.

17. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

What REED Loooooooooooves about Crawford is the SELF CONFIDENCE He has to Be his OWN Man...Faaaaaaaar Toooooooo Many Black Fighters EMULATE the "Hot" Guy of the Moment & Become Carbon Copies of Roy or Floyd...

Crawford's HIS OWN Man...He's Not Flashy, Not Boastful, Very SOFT Spoken, but he's an EFFICIENT Fighter & Like You Said, he's Got a FIGHTER'S Mentality...Was Good to See Him Draw a Nice Crowd in His Hometown, As Well...

Viva TC!!!...

REED:cheer:

18. Xplosive

You didn't get the memo apparently. It had NOTHING to do with Crawford's poise or ability to adjust. It was 110% his size.........

Gamboa is s better fighter overall. Afterall, he's so fast, and also hes....... just so fast lol.

Lol you tards. This was Khan-Garcia all over again. A brainless, speedy guy getting dismantled by a more intelligent techcician.

19. Xplosive

Yeah its nice to see he's not a Floyd rip off like Aye Bee. And it's also nice to see that he's far more exciting than Ward.

20. Xplosive

I do find this forum funny. GGG is s God on here for dismantling 2nd rate fighters. Hes considered near the top of everyones P4P. Crawford destroys a QUALITY, unbeaten fighter, and gets SHIT on and it's "he's not that good".

And I don't say this as a GGG detractor like REED. I'm a big GGG fan. Just there's a double standard on here.

21. Double L

Double L Book Reader

Crawford is the fighter I've been waiting for. Can't wait to see him fight again. Those offensive rallies he has are just awesome.

22. Wiser 1878

Wiser 1878 Bridgerweight Champion

Management/Health Care
    I missed the fight which is a shame. I've been waiting for someone to bust that ass on Gamboa.

23. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Size Was A Factor but Not THE Factor...

If They're the SAME Size, Crawford's SKILL Still Rises to the Fore...Gamboa STILL Leaps In, STILL Gets Countered & STILL Gets Dropped 2-3 Times, Instead of 4 Times...

Crawford STILL Wins, Either by KO in 11-12 or UD...

Gamboa Didn't Lose to Crawford Because Crawford's Bigger, he Lost Because Crawford's BETTER...

REED:up:

24. Jab Hook

Jab Hook Leap-Amateur

Haha you dip-shit, Gamboa has hit the canvas more times than Picasso's paintbrush... Gamboa was always a ko waiting to happen... Don't you Overrate Crawford just yet...

25. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

The ONLY "Problem" REED has w/GGG is his Opposition...He's a LEGITIMATE Talent, but it's Time to Display It, Even if it Means MOVING UP to '68...

& No, it's NOT Entirely GGG's Fault he Still Hasn't Fought Anybody...

REED:kidcool:

26. Baron

Baron "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Props to Crawford, I've underrated his timing and accuracy, he needed time but once he figured out Gamboa it was good night. Really thought that would be Gamboa's coming out party, the contrary happened.

27. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

So Why HADN'T Gamboa Been KO'ed Until Last Night???...

OFFENSIVELY, Gamboa's STILL World Class, in Fact, he was OUTCLASSING Crawford Early...Ultimately, the Guys that Managed to Drop Gamboa COULDN'T Withstand his Firepower...Crawford Could & DESERVES Credit for That...

Let's Not Start UNDERRATING Gamboa, just Because he Got Beat...

REED:nono:

28. Jimmy

Jimmy The Greatest of Are Times

GGG's time will come when he proves his doubters wrong.

29. Xplosive

I know. Jusr noting the double standard the forum has overall. If GGG destroyed a fighter the caliber of Gamboa, this forum would be comparing him to all time greats.

GGG is a brilliant offensive technician, and it isn't his fault that Chumper Junior shamelessly ducked him.

30. Xplosive

Who in the Hell is doubting GGG? Only guy I'd pick over him is Ward.