DC & Marvel movies news

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Panchyprsss, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Joe King

Joe King WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Player
    What?

2. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

Hey DCEU: Cast Amy Jackson as Power Girl and will watch that movie even if she can't act!

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. Panchyprsss

DCEU still don't get it. They just announced that critically bashed and box office bomb 'A Wrinkle in Time' director and SJW activist Ava Duvernay has been signed to directed a film version of New Gods which is sort of like 'A Wrinkle in Time' for adults.

Good luck and don't pour $200 million budget on this project...

[​IMG]

4. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

No, they need to continue making these shit movies that cost a bomb to make.

5. Panchyprsss

Why?

6. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

The DCEU had no plan...they were just winging it from the beginning. That's the problem.

Also they failed from the start - Man of Steel

Henry Caville wasn't bad casting but the way the Superman character was written and acted didn't compel us to want to see more.

7. Panchyprsss

DCEU wanted to be 'dark'. Audiences want bright, colorful FUN escapism. Dark themes work in comicbooks for its niche audience and to a certain extend the big screen Batman, but not for the rest of the characters. If audiences would think that Thanos will end up killing half of the earth population and half of the Avengers...not that many people will feel compelled to look forward to it. Most people go to the movies to feel good, not depressed.

8. Destruction and Mayhem

Dark isn't the problem.

DCEU tried to reinvent the characters and took lazy shortcuts in the story writing. Dark films tend to be better if done right. Batman Begins and The Dark Knight were MUCH better than all predecessors especially because they were dark.

9. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

Absolutely this!

I actually preferred the dark more realistic theme as opposed to the overly happy go lucky, joke-a-minute-thon we’re now forced to endure from both franchises.

DC attempted to quantify or at least correct it’s early mediocre numbers and went with dropping their dark theme and copying Marvel’s light humor toned style. It didn’t help.

10. Joe King

Player
    Don't forget Man Of Steel which is/was fantastic. Then people complained that Superman was too dark.

11. Destruction and Mayhem

I didn’t like Man of Steel. It wasn’t a bad film but I didn’t like the fact that they went away from the traditional super man formula

12. Joe King

Player
    No way. That's exactly what people should think about Thanos after 10 years of build up.

13. Joe King

Player
    Which is? I think it's the best comic book movie of all time. Superman Returns went traditional and it was okay, not great.

14. Panchyprsss

I for one did not like AT ALL Batman Begins nor The Dark Knight Rises. I posted my reviews of those two films in this forum when they came out. However The Dark Knight was elevated mainly by the magnificent performance of Heath Ledger as the Joker. Man of Steel was typical Snyder: lots of cool visuals, but no heart, a souless film where Superman is hardly recognized by the audiences who grew with the character. At the end we cared MORE about the unseen thousands of victims of the battle of the Kryptonians in Metropolis than about any single character in the film. A well made, but very flawed film.

I mentioned the dark aspect of DCEU as one of the failed elements of its films, but I do agree and I have mentioned before that these films were rushed to compete with Marvel and sacrificed storytelling and character development in the process.

15. lb 4 lb

Actually I don’t recall that being the complaint of that film. I remember the big complaint was the overly long fight and action sequences.

16. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

The last 30 minutes was pretty pointless.

17. Destruction and Mayhem

For me, Man of Steel isn't even top 20.

Henry Caville has since grown into the role somewhat but initially I didn't care for him. Wrong hairstyle initially....and wrong personality.

I didn't like the fact that the world found out about Krypton and Zod before they found out about superman. I don't like the way Krypton was destroyed: imploded because the kryptonians were doing too much excavating or whatever and not because it ventured too close to a Red Sun. Zod was more Anti-Hero than villain....considering that he was only going against the leadership since they were teh one's responsible for the death of the planet. In that way he was more hero than villain. Superman didn't do his usual saving a whole bunch of people and foiling crime...which should be MANDATORY for any Superman film. Louis knew that superman was Clarke from teh get go....in fact she met him before he even donned the uniform. Why did they (the leadership of Krypton) bother exiling Zod when they already knew that the planet was failing...so they were basically deliberately saving Zod's life in effect. Clarke was more Kal'El than he was Superman....in that he was just referred to as "the alien" for most of the film. Basically no one knew of his existence until Zod did his big announcement and said you have an alien living among you.

As for the action...repetitive! How many times can a krytonian fly through and destroy a building or a gas station? 30 minutes of wasted time at the end of the film.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  18. Panchyprsss

You nailed it. All valid points for the reason that movie was, until recently, DCEU lowest grossing film. 'Justice League' is now the lowest grosser.

19. lb 4 lb

Yeah but MOS is a lot better than Justice League and miles better than Superman Returns.

20. Panchyprsss

WTF? Please tell me that this is a joke! WB is in talks with Tom Cruise to star in a Green Lantern movie.

[​IMG]

21. Destruction and Mayhem

Tom cruise is a great action star, he could pull it off. It’s a bad move though, to use a big star for a film like this....there’s the risk of him leaving the franchise after just one film

22. lb 4 lb

Especially since he’s getting up there in age.

23. Panchyprsss

Unless he will be playing like a father figure/mentor to the real Green Lantern...sort of like Marlon Brando in 'Superman: The Movie".

24. Panchyprsss

Another 'please tell me this isn't true' tibid: there is buzz on the entertainment media that John Boyega has been approached by Marvel to portray Blade in an upcoming project.

[​IMG]

25. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

John Boyega is one ugly muthafucka.

26. lb 4 lb

And so are you...

on the inside.

27. Panchyprsss

Whoa!
    MAJOR NEWS!!!

Hugh Jackman was spotted on the location filming of 'Avengers 4' and sporting his trademark Wolverine hairstyle! No one knows if he will have an important role or will have just a cameo like he did on 'X-Men: First Class", but whatever it will be this is a major crossover from Fox to Marvel; one that fans have been looking forward for years!
    [​IMG]

28. Joe King

Player
    Tom Cruise deserves a comic book movie role. I personally want him to portray the Reverse Flash in Flashpoint.

29. Panchyprsss

Tom Cruise will always be Tom Cruise. He doesn't belong in a superhero movie.

30. Destruction and Mayhem

You love The Flash almost as much as Rainmaker loves Kangals.