DC & Marvel movies news

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Panchyprsss, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

It only lasted one season, but yeah, it was good for its time (and the costume was better too).
    [​IMG]

2. Panchyprsss

Interesting things brewing last night on the Marvel front: long time fans favorite actress to portray Sue Storm aka Invisible Woman, Emily Blunt, is in talks with Marvel to be cast in an unspecified future MCU project. Coincidentally last night too a Fantastic Four logo image was floating around the internet...hmm.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

Fantastic Failure Four, more like.

The superheroes that can´t translate to the big-screen...

lb 4 lb likes this.
  4. Panchyprsss

We are talking about MCU and Kevin Feige this time unlike previous versions which were truly horrendous adaptations and pretty bad films from another studio. I trust Feige since he has never been shy about admitting that he is a lifelong FF fan and that this is his pet project.

5. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

And?

It's what audiences like and/or are familiar with.

It will Fail.

6. Panchyprsss

IMO the FF will not be introduced in their own solo movie, but will have a guest spot maybe in 'The Eternals' movie or any other film like they did with Black Panther before he got his own movie. Or maybe they will get the Hulk treatment were they will appear in Avengers films, but not solo films. Either way, I will be pleased as I can't wait for Galactus and the Silver Surfer to have their own epic story done properly this time (no fucking cloud 'Galactus').

So instead of this...
    [​IMG]

we could get this...

[​IMG]

7. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

Maybe Marvel should hire the writers from the Incredibles to help them out.

8. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Maybe Marvel should just stop making fucking terrible 'movies' for kids that only paedophiles enjoy.

9. Panchyprsss

Interesting Avengers: Age of Ultron deleted scene had a Captain Marvel stand-in that actually looks BETTER than Brie Larson! (you can also see a very pregnant Scarlett Johansson here).

10. Panchyprsss

Well, it seems like Disney is anointing Brie Larson as the leader of the Avengers. Disney reportedly met Larson's demands, both creatively and monetary, and will the face of the MCU from now forward since RDJ & Chris Evans are done with Marvel. Expect a very woke feminist Avengers 5 next year.
    [​IMG]

11. lb 4 lb

She get a fucking boob job? I’m pretty sure I would have remembered those puppies on the big screen.

12. Panchyprsss

She has plenty of money now...but still have no ass.Nonono

13. Panchyprsss

I should not get excited about this, but, dammit, I am!

Michael Keaton in talks to play again Batman in a new Flash movie!

[​IMG]

14. Rainmaker

Rainmaker "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Get out of here.

15. Panchyprsss

Ben Affleck was supposed to be the aging Batman, but he just wasn't that old. Keaton? Not only he is the original movie Batman but he is older too.

16. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

How about this, panchy - the worst comicbook superhero TV series just got worse:
    [​IMG]

Black and a Sez-Lez.
    :Gig1::Gay:

17. Panchyprsss

They learned NOTHING from the Ruby Rose fiasco. They will soon realize that viewers were NOT objecting Ruby Rose being white but just the LGBTQ agenda shoved down the throat of the viewers, that will be also in the black version. Later they will complain that viewers are just RACIST.

18. lb 4 lb

Man for the most part these Marvel movies have been pretty bad one view only affairs. Here are the only Marvel movies I thought were good to great, everything else has been bad to ok.

1. Captain America: The First Avenger (1942) - Don’t remember this one.
    2. Captain Marvel (1995) - Bad
    3. Iron Man (2010) - Very good
    4. Iron Man 2 (2011) - Very good
    5. The Incredible Hulk (2011) - bad
    6. Thor (2011) - ok
    7. The Avengers (2012) - Great
    8. Iron Man 3 (2012) - bad
    9. Thor: The Dark World (2013) - bad
    10. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) - Great
    11. Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) - ok
    12. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (2014) - bad
    13. Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015) - ok
    14. Ant-Man (2015) - ok
    15. Captain America: Civil War (2016) - Great
    16. Black Widow (2016) - ok
    17. Spider-Man: Homecoming (2016) - ok
    18. Doctor Strange (2016-2017) - ok
    19. Black Panther (2017) - ok
    20. Thor: Ragnarok (2017) - ok
    21. Avengers: Infinity War (2017) - great
    22. Ant-Man and the Wasp (2017) - ok
    23. Avengers: Endgame (2017-2022) - very good
    24. Spider-Man: Far From Home (July, 2019) - ok

19. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    Marvel is great to watch in the movies. But as soon as I leave I forget about it. Dc movies not as good but they stick with me. Make me think

20. lb 4 lb

The only new DC movies I enjoyed enough to rewatch was Man of Steel, Batman versus Superman and Justice League. The two Wonder Woman and Aquaman films were definitely one time only’s and I didn’t even bother with Shazaam and Suicide Squad. Harley Quinn was fun but a once view as well.

21. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Shazaam and first Wonder Woman are really good. Aquaman is directed by James wan. Take that for what it’s worth, but that was what got me to the theaters. It’s also visually Stunning.

22. Panchyprsss

I have enjoyed the majority of the Marvel films even the ones that got lower scores like Thor: The Dark World and The Incredible Hulk. That said only two Marvel films I really didn't enjoyed and will never watch again: Captain Marvel and Guardians of the Galaxy vol.2. I have not watched "Black Widow" and honestly I have no desire to do so. I watched "Spider-Man: Far From Home" a few months, for the first time, and I wasn't really invested in it. Really didn't cared much about what was going on.

Of the DC films only "Wonder Woman" I consider as a very good film. "Man of Steel", "Batman v Superman" & "Justice League" were monumental disappointments. "Suicide Squad" was awful. "Aquaman" I enjoyed it a lot for its astounding visual effects an action while acknowledging its very by-the-numbers predictable plot. "Shazam" was a delight to watch as it is just damn good comedy. I have not watched "Wonder Woman 1984" nor "Birds of Prey" nor have any interest in the 'Suicide Squad" sequel.

23. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Captain marvel is dumb. WAtch 5 minute recap on YouTube.

24. Panchyprsss

The sad thing is that the history of that character (that started as a MALE) is interesting. This movie simply ignored 90% of it to focus on girl power.

25. Panchyprsss

It looks like Marvel will have its first dud with "The Eternals", a film no one was clamoring to be made and done solely for REPRESENTATION and INCLUSIVENESS. Now it stands at a 57% rotten by critics and it has been banned in the the Middle East. Who would have known! That the first film depicting the first Middle East gay superhero will be banned by Middle Eastern countries! :Rol11: Now the box office predictors are lowing down their predictions and even those numbers will look generous a week from now.

26. lb 4 lb

Funny that you should be gloating about this when the fact nobody was clamoring for Guardians of The Galaxy to be made. Yet through GoTG we were fortunate to be introduced to some really nice characters that brought some extra charm to the MCU.

If Eternals does flop at the box office it could lead to apprehension towards introducing any new characters and universes under DCU, MCU not to mention any non-major brand type creations as well. Personally I think it’s very small minded for anyone to be giddy about this film flopping just because they’re anti-inclusivity.

For the record I’m going to see this tomorrow so expect some kind of review.

27. Panchyprsss

Please be objective in your review. RT has been reviewed bombed with positive audience reviews that looks fishy as hell: hundreds of 5 stars with no comments and others with also 5 stars but generic comments that could fit any movie, like: "great movie! highly recommended!" or "enjoyed it a lot. Go see it." The reviews that has been specific about plot details and particular sequences have the 1 or 2 stars reviews. Go figure!

Oh, and btw, I enjoyed "Black Panther" regardless of its 'representation' and 'inclusiveness' attached propaganda. As for new characters, I have no problem with new characters as long as they get some kind of faithful resemblance to their source, but when you take a group of characters and change almost everything about them just for the sake of 'sending a message' I do object to that strongly and will trash it without mercy and hope it bombs miserably so they don't repeat the same mistake.

28. Panchyprsss

[​IMG]
    "Spider-Man: No Way Home" was loved by critics and audiences alike and smashed some box office records becoming the third highest opening EVER. Domestically it made $260 million in just its opening weekend and worldwide in 5 days has earned almost twice what 'The Eternals" grossed in its entire run globally! Which proves that all the excuses for "Eternals" being affected by the pandemic as audiences no longer go to the movies like they used to was total bullshit. It only proves that when you give audiences and fans what they WANT to watch, they will come. If you deliver a film that is just pure fun with ZERO agenda behind it, people will show up to buy tickets.

Which reminds me...lb 4 lb: where is your 'some kind of review' of 'The Eternals"??

29. lb 4 lb

Forget me doing a review of the Eternals. That movie was all over the place and I don’t think I could give it a thorough write up. Same thing with the Venom sequel.

I am looking forward to seeing the Spiderman movie though. I’ve been hearing nothing but good things and it sounds like it might be on par with some of the Avengers films.

30. Panchyprsss

This fiasco was finally put out of its misery and got cancelled. I mean this series was never a hit, but the real reason it lasted 3 seasons might be only in the minds of the network executives that for some reason kept it on the air despite its languishing ratings and atrocious reviews. Maybe a tax write-off?