Do you think Pac uses PEDs?

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by r o o s t e r, Dec 26, 2009.

?

Do you think Pac uses PEDs?

1. Yes

29 vote(s)
    59.2%
  2. No

20 vote(s)
    40.8%
  1. mikE

mikE "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Olympians around the world unite. No more excessive tests!!!

2. Ron King 702

Ron King 702 Undisputed Champion

:bears::bears:

3. LOK

LOK I'll eat your asshole alive

no doubt about it

4. Erratic

Erratic "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Professional Bum
    Home Page:
    I agree of the most part. I won't say "all", just a lot more than we would like to think. I don't know why anyone in this day and age actually gets shocked when an athlete gets caught.

Especially in boxing with their lax testing. Flip Homansky was in the NSAC for over twenty years and he basically admitted, "if you're not sloppy, the commission won't catch you".

5. Hanz

Hanz Roberto Duran

They do random drug testing in Tennis now. They passed a new law in the ATP where basically no matter where you are in the world, somebody can just show up and take a drug test right there on the spot. If you skip the test, you're banned for a year.

6. KaukipRrr

KaukipRrr "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Yeah, pretty much, boxing always sets a tremendous precedent to other sports.

If they back down from the most rigorous and advanced drug testing apparatus I hope Fraud gets killed in the ring, and Pacqiuao dies of an overdose not long afterwards. That'd be what alot of these WWE equivalent fans around here deserve. Any real boxing fan should not be happy with vile corruption to not only slide by, but progressively get more and more flagrant,... it's like a serial killer,.. starts off with a pleasurable little stabbing ritual,..and in the end it's mutilating, decapitating limbs and drinking the blood of it's victims because nobody stopped it earlier.

The world economic meltdown is another nice little example of like-minded weeds.

7. Fighter

Fighter Undisputed Champion

Aaah the sheer POSITIVISM overflowing...

8. Barristan

Barristan Undisputed Champion

Thats not a word you dumb cocksucker

9. Barristan

Well it looks like Fightbeat has spoken. We as a forum community have decided that Pedquioa is a cheater on PED's.

10. Fighter

Damn, Are you sure? I've done a spellcheck and everything...

But you caught the jist of it, right?? right?

11. Erratic

Erratic "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Professional Bum
    Home Page:
    Positivism is a word according to the online Webster dictionary.

You again with your morbid fascinations with serial killers and sociopathy.

Here's a page you might enjoy.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/index.html

12. Barristan

I was wrong as Eratic confirmed its a word :doh:

13. Fighter

Don't hit yourself over the head because of it. Perfectly fine. Keep SLUGGING.

14. Barristan

:kidcool:

15. KaukipRrr

KaukipRrr "Twinkle Toes" McJack

:lol::crafty: You know I'm down with that already, and in my above post you'll know what I mean,.. 'progressively more savage' these capitalist arseholes are on the same spectrum you know.

Ah, incidentally,.. one of the better stories on that site,.. if you haven't read the article on Westley Allan Dodd,..I highly recommend, it's a 'cleaner, harder blow' to the mind, you strict counter-puncher.

16. royyjonesjrp4pno1

royyjonesjrp4pno1 "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Lucky for Manny P and Salty Shane that these rules are not in boxing.

17. Double L

Double L Book Reader

Everyone needs to quit quoting the $25MM as the cost of not having the fight. It's closer to $10MM when you consider what Pacquiao stands to make against the likes of Maligianni.

18. meetthefeebles

meetthefeebles Drunken Geordie Bastard

I don't know if Manny is on PED's or not, and nor does anyone else here for that matter.

But what I do know is that there remains a fundamental principle of a person being innocent until proven guilty and it never ceases to amaze me just how quickly this principle can evaporate in the minds of even the most intelligent people.

The process by which a person is 'tried' in boxing might be deeply flawed. I'm not a doctor and so I wouldn't know just how flawed it is, but what I do know is that if there are better ways of testing for PED's then it is for the sanctioning bodies and/or boxing commissions to decide how best to improve it. If they so decide, then a boxer is under an instant obligation to undertake the new procedures. Until then, they are under precisely NO obligation to do anything more than is required by the rules, because SURELY that is why we have sanctioning bodies, commissions and arbiration bodies :dunno:

Manny has handled this whole business really, really badly and created a tidalwave of negativity for himself as a result. It may be that he has done so because he is on PED's and so has a lot to lose by accepting these tests. Equally possible, however, is that the whole business has just sprung out of nowhere and that Arum, roache and Manny have been taken by surprise by everything and failed to respond well. Only Manny, Roache and Pac know the truth.

What is absolutely true, however, is that Roger and Floyd Mayweather is not, and should never be, in a position to impose upon Manny or anyone else for that matter, a series of tests way over and above that which is imposed by any of the bodies and organisations who impliment and oversee PED testing as a fundamental part of their administrative role.

In these circumstances, Manny and his team are prefectly entitled to tell them to go fuck themselves until such a time that the rules are changed by an official body. And in doing so, they do not 'prove' their guilt or anything else. They are excerising their right to retain due process. And they have that right, along with every other boxer in the world. Until they undergo and fail the mechanisms of due process, Manny remains innocent of any wrongdoing.

MTF :fightme:

19. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Its what I have been saying all along.

Whats even better is that they are now saying that the new tests could be faulty, so why should Floyd pay $500.000 for ever test passed.

If the new tests are possibly flawed, why all the furore over having them introduced here and now?

20. mexican wedding shirt

mexican wedding shirt The Greatest of Are Times

I totally agree with your whole post, including the bolded part.

Which is a real shame, because as you correctly pick up on, he's under no obligation to undergo the most extreme testing in boxing history, especially with no history of steroids.

He could and should have simply said "No, I'll follow the NSAC's procedures, just like for every other fight I've had". They've aroused more suspicion by the absurd way they've handled it, and stupid excuses etc.

21. Free Ike

Free Ike WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

None
    Probably, Yes.

22. mikE

mikE "Twinkle Toes" McJack

I don't think Manny makes $15 million for Malignaggiish fights. I'd guess closer to $3 million, maybe $5 million. Do you or anyone else know? You may be right because of the Phillipines monopoly, but I don't see Pacq being in the Tyson DLH category.

23. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    You get nothing for mythical match-ups:nono:

24. Ropadope

Ropadope Undisputed Champion

If Pac is afraid of needles, he could just have someone punch him in the nose and collect blood that way.

25. Outlander

Outlander Leap-Amateur

From one thread, quoting Victor Conte...
    From yet another Pac thread, quoting RJJ..
    And from this thread...
    So let me get this straight. The existing tests in boxing, according to head drug cheat Victor Conte (who would know since his clients have beat these tests forever) are completely useless in detecting anything of note as long as the person being tested cycles down before the known test date.

Everyone knows this anyway. In fact, to me it is totally obvious that this is the reason the tests AREN'T updated. For you people who keep citing the fact that these tests are not changed as some sort of defense for the quality of the tests... wake up. They are not changed because there are too many fighters who are using PEDs, and all the way up the chain to managers, "nutritionists", promoters, etc., there is FAR too much money at stake to wreck this train. Why would any of them lobby for better testing?

And the existing tests are so good, hey? So good that RJJ even notes they pick up OTC products. Uhh.... last time I checked, false positives on these tests were a measure of how SHITTY the test is... not how GOOD it is. That is like claiming a police test for gunpowder residue on the hands also comes back positive if there was chewing gum present, and then touting how "in depth" the test is. So now we know that the current boxing tests couldn't catch confessed roider Shane Mosley, but they nailed Roy Jones for taking sudafed.

So if you are one of the fighters who doesn't do much in the area of PEDs.. and can fight at a high level without them.. what remedy do you have for others who juice to high heaven? If Floyd protested the various state commission testing processes, do you think he'd get them changed by March 13? How about by March 13, 2020? Nope.

So he does what many here are criticizing (which baffles me). He knows he can't possibly get the rules changed, hell it may not even be to HIS advantage if he plans to get back on the stuff for a later fight! So he does the one thing he can do - he uses the leverage of $$$$$ and tries to get this in for ONE fight. This is at least possible.

So for MTF... should Pac and Freddie Roach have been able to IMPOSE their demands for arbitrary catchweights on fighters like Miguel Cotto? Aren't weigh ins part of the "fundamental role" of these various organizations? But yet Pac gets to go in and threaten no fight if he doesn't get some goofy catchweight, right? And why? Because he knows Cotto will probably not want to pass up the $$$$.

This is using leverage to coerce an agreement between willing parties, and it happens every damn time two big fighters negotiate. EVERY time. So please explain to me what is SO much different and morally unacceptable about it THIS time? Pac isn't forced to agree. He can pass on the fight. What he doesn't like about this particular condition is that the repercussions of refusal are much more significant than, say, refusing a certain purse split or a certain catch weight or a certain ring size.

Pac got fucked by someone in a position to expose him, and he got fucked hard. He also reacted in such an absurd and extreme fashion that he further exposed himself. While there is always a very, very slim chance that Pac is clean and is somehow so bizarrely and uncharacteristically offended by having a few blood tests, if that were true you would expect him to come back to the table and negotiate a bit. Limit the number of random tests. Ask for an extra point on the split if he complies. This is what you would expect of someone who were either clean or at least clean enough that they could pass a few well-placed random tests leading up to the fight.

But Pac ain't clean, and he ain't clean enough to even conduct a training camp without the juice, so he will never agree, no matter how many millions he stands to lose, and no matter what effect it may have on his possibly all-time great career. I am sorry, but what sane person would do that to themselves if they were going to pass the tests anyway? This is so obvious it is hardly worth discussing.

26. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

WOW!!!...Excellent, EXCELLENT Post...REED Doesn't Expect ANY Pac Sac Swinger to Come within 10 Feet of ADDRESSING this Post...Well Done...

REED:hammert:

27. Haymaker

Haymaker WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

:bears:

dude, you should write for the homepage

28. Hex-One

Hex-One "Twinkle Toes" McJack

None of your business
    Agreed he's good!

29. Hex-One

Hex-One "Twinkle Toes" McJack

None of your business