Emmanuel Augustus shot in head last night

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by HardDog, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Islam is a lie.

2. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Muslims in Ireland are not interested in assimilation, according to a new book to be published next Thursday. Titled Islam and Education in Ireland, it is written by Dr Ali Selim of the Islamic Cultural Centre in Dublin’s Clonskeagh who is also a lecturer atTrinity College Dublin and the Mater Dei Institute.
    In the book he says that “the Muslim community in Ireland expresses its interest not in assimilation but rather in integration and unity.” He continues “ it is worth noting that one-thid of the Muslim community in Ireland (estimated at numbering approximately 65,000) are Irish citizens.”
    He points out that “Muslims generally feel at home in Ireland. This could not have happened without giving Muslims the rights to which they, as citizens, are entitled.”

Where the wearing the hijab by Muslim girls in Irish schools is concerned he says this “shouldn’t cause any more debate than other religious symbols worn by either male or female students in Irish schools do.”
    He notes how a wide range of religious symbols is worn by teachers in Irish schools such as “the pioneer badge and the sacred heart medal” or “a style of clothing assocaited with their religious order or ministry.”
    However, school uniforms can present a problem for Muslim students, he says. Some “cause discomfort, while others are exclusivist and divisive. Some school uniforms have the crucifix symbol and others have religious images such as saints.” It means “people of other faiths find their children in a difficult situation.”
    He continues: “school is a public place, where no one has the right to dictate or impose their views or beliefs on another.”
    Despite which “Muslim children can feel alienated at school.”
    He gives an example: “Every year from early November many activities revolve around Christmas. Classrooms are decorated and works of art are visible everywhere in schools. In addition, children spend a lot of time preparing for performances, such as carol services and plays, which are performed at school or in regional competitions.
    “Various stories about Santa Claus are told, and the children talk to one another about their expectations. This is reiterated by the wider society, for example, cinema, pantomimes and shopping centres.”
    He asks: “Can Muslim children be part of this fun and entertainment? Can this atmosphere be inclusive?”
    Dr Selim suggests that “Muslim children can be included in the above-mentioned activities and others, provided that the songs, plays and works of art do not include any words or messages that conflict with Islamic beliefs and ethics.”
    To encourage Muslims’ participation “a portion of these activities should be neutral and avoid religious references and connotations,” he suggests.
    More generally,and where Muslim parents in particular are concerned, Dr Selim points out that “when it comes to shaking hands with members of the opposite sex, most Muslims are reluctant and many of them may refuse. This behaviour does not imply a lack of respect or that the other person is not clean.”
    For some Muslims to do so would be “a clear breach Muslim teaching” or “is inconsistent with their culture.” Similarly, “Muslims do not believe in eye contact between members of the opposite sex.” This was “significant for teachers when dealing with Muslim parents.”
    Also, and “from a Muslim perspective, members of the same sex can stand very close to each other” but members of the opposite sex are to be kept “at arm’s length. Apart from facial features, the entire body is still. Body language, in this case, is limited to facial features.” This too was “significant when dealing with Muslim parents,” he said.
    When it came to Muslim children praying during the school day he says they should be facilitated by the school with “access to water facilities” as they must “perform Wudu, or ablution, prior to praying.” Then “ a clean, quiet room is needed as a prayer room.” This could be a temporary space in “any room or even the library,” he says.
    The “only additional requirement” concerned toilets. He points out that “after using the bathroom, Muslims wash their private parts.If they are are provided with or allowed to take disposable bottles or cans to the toilet, this will suffice.”
    Dr Selim’s book will be launched by Dr Andrew McGrady, director of Dublin’s Mater Dei Institute in Trinity College’s Long Hub Room at 6pm next Thursday.

3. loadedgloves

loadedgloves "Twinkle Toes" McJack

4. Haymaker

Haymaker WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

As is every other religion. But for some reason there's been a surge/boom in malcontents joining their ranks and doing all kinds of damage.

5. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Christianity is ultra bullshit too. Do you need help with this???? Of course its light years better than Islam, a dogged filthy creed.

6. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:

Not really. They have been at this from day one. See the siege of Constantinople way back in the 8th century.

Islam has come to Ireland and now Islam must dictate, until we all bow down to them.

7. mikE

mikE "Twinkle Toes" McJack

This is really a great conversation and all. Glad it's on the main boxing board. loadedgloves is like a little poodle--easy to ignore until it starts yipping and yipping and won't shut the hell up. Irish is like the dog owner's mean boyfriend--antagonizing the little shit dog and making it yip more instead of just ignoring it or locking it in the bathroom.

Please Gentlemen, for all religions and all Gods, move the conversation to a different forum.

8. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    No, you have that all wrong. He is the pillar of reason {pillar of salt more like it} and I am FOAMING :lol:

9. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

He wasn't trying to actually shoot the cousin. Looks like he jumped out of the car, popped off a few shots over the roof to scare him, and jumped back in the car. Augustus was just standing in the wrong spot at the wrong time.

Now, the rest of you in this thread, shut the fuck up already.

:blah:

10. loadedgloves

mikE is known for getting things wrong/backwards on this forum, kind of like how you're known for being racist

11. loadedgloves

It's the same unthinking bias that led you to stupidly claim I bring up my religion constantly (and then crawl off when called on it) that leads you to say dumb shit like this.

First, "some reason" - ... really, you can't think of any reasons for this?

Secondly, I'm curious who you think has been responsible for more violence & death in the past 100 years; Christians or Muslims?

Yeah, Christians have always been a bastion of peace and tolerance.

And yet, you identify as a Christian. A self-professed follower of bullshit. Not that we needed you to clarify.

12. Buddy Rydell

Buddy Rydell Boxingpress Alumnus

Small animal repair technician
    Home Page:
    Guys, let it go. This kind of crap in the General Boxing Forum kills interest in the site and turns people off.

13. mexican wedding shirt

mexican wedding shirt The Greatest of Are Times

Irish Vs Loaded is the new Buddles Vs Big Steve.

14. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    These two aren't at the point where one follows the other incessantly and just says "F--- you" whenever the other one posts a comment. It's just pointless and ugly. Who wants to read that kind of garbage all the time? I am staying away from that permanently.

15. loadedgloves

Irish is a sad, lonely, stupid little man who is obsessed with me & my beliefs, even though he knows nothing about either. He's bitter and enraged over the fact that there are brown people in Europe. Even more galling, many of them even speak other languages & have the nerve to not eat the same shitty food he does.

16. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    It's unfortunate you guys fight so much because I think you both have intelligent things to say at times, but the ugly back and forth drags you both down somewhat. I know I'm the last one to beat swords into ploughshares, but I think both of you add positives to the forum when you're not arguing.

17. joony

joony "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    reading that he's now awake. good for him. hope he fully recovers.

18. Haymaker

Haymaker WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

I was wondering what ever happened to him. There should be a biopic about his life. REED could make a cameo or serve as consultant.

19. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

My hats off to Irish and Loaded. Everyone else is bitching about you guys arguing but I found it damn funny. Both of you guys are witty and intelligent and had me laughing out loud. Personally I got no problem when posters go at each other like this. However when one or both of them take it to another level and go on hating each other for years--when half the time they don't even know what the other looks like--it becomes childish and stupid. I hope you guys are both mature enough to be cool with each other in the near future and not hold grudges.