FANTASTIC FOUR teaser trailer

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Panchyprsss, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

Is Ben Grimm naked? Is that Doctor Doom? :hair:

[​IMG]

was this outfit so difficult to recreate?
    [​IMG]

2. Haymaker

Haymaker WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

yawn

3. Panchyprsss

Fox has a hit-and-miss record. Don't forget they gave us the two Fantastic Four, Daredevil, Elektra, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and the much vilified X-Men III: The Last Stand plus X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

4. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

I must have missed it. Where is the hit in that list?

5. Panchyprsss

I am just counting the misses here. All those movies were big disappointments. If you want a list of the 'hit' see mainly all the X-Men movies not named in my list.

6. Haymaker

I liked LOEG.

7. Panchyprsss

You are alone on that one. :lol:

8. Haymaker

I know. I think the movie was cool.

9. Panchyprsss

10. Panchyprsss

The reviews started...and they are not precisely flattering:

Variety: "...feels like a protracted teaser for a more exciting follow-up...that might never happen..."

The Wrap: '...another dispiriting origin story...a miasma set-up that sinks the movie..."

THR: "...lame and unimaginative..."

Digital Spy: "...muddled and underdeveloped..."

Screen Daily: "...Fantastic Four emerges as a wounded animal of a superhero movie...muddled...tedious..."

Screen Rant: "...banal and uninventive..."

other critics said that this film tried to raise the bar from the previous version, the final product barely accomplished that goal. The on going theme in these reviews is that film feels like a 100 minute trailer for the next film that in the hands of a different director it might be interesting while this one is not.

rottentomatoes: 20% rotten

OUCH!!!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  11. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

dayum!

12. Destruction and Mayhem

Fox sucks when it comes to comic book films, in comparison to Marvel. Had Marvel made the xmen films...lawdy lawdy.

13. Panchyprsss

I just hope this film bombs so bad that Fox will beg Marvel to take the rights back!

14. Panchyprsss

OUCH and OUCH again!!

Critics are shredding to pieces this film. After 69 pro critics reviews in, the tomatometer has gone DOWN to 10%. Only 7 reviews were 'fresh', but many readers are pointing out some spin doctor maneuver even on those fresh since 5 of those, upon reading, doesn't sound positive at all! BUT...96% of idiot users wants to watch the film, which could mean that it might not be a 'Lone Ranger' bomb, but a 'Terminator Genysis' disappointment. The studio was hoping a $46 million opening. I am predicting a below $30 million take.

I'll be updating how this film performs on the weekend in my Sunday box office report.

Stay tuned.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  15. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    It was 12 this morning. lol

16. Panchyprsss

it was 9% one hour ago and somehow 5 rotten reviews turned 'fresh' to become 10%. :scratcher:

17. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    Looks like Fox got comfortable. Probably killed the Franchise. That is of course it makes 100 million dollars.

18. Panchyprsss

There are many idiots out there that wants to watch it because they think is a 'Marvel' movie plus foreign box office is turning domestic duds into bonafide hits. But you are right: it could be the demise of the F4 movie franchise. If the rights go back to Marvel it can be turned into a Netflix series or they could be guests in other characters films.

R.I.P. franchise!
    [​IMG]

19. Panchyprsss

Wow.

This most be the most critically bashed studio movie in many years. People are just plain HATING it and I am not talking about only the critics. One audience member said that the last Fantastic Four: Rise of The Silver Surfer is Citizen Kane in comparison with the new one. Other said that the very first shoestring budgeted quickie 1994 never released Roger Corman version is way more entertaining than this one. Thinking about it, as bad as that one is, it is the only one that remained closer to its source than the big budget ones. Shame on Hollywood! BTW here is the link to that one if you are curious about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbK6CUB4MJs

compare the uniforms of that film with the 90s comicbook
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

compare the new film uniforms with current comicbooks
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  20. Panchyprsss

After all the storm of bad reviews & disastrous worldwide numbers, the tomatometer % dropped even lower to 8% rotten & 22% audience liking it. How can Fox save this turkey? ANOTHER RESHOOT, OF COURSE!!!

I suggest that they ask Kate Mara's younger sister, Rooney Mara, to do an incestuous lesbian scene with Kate to replace the much maligned last part of the film, change the title of the film to something else like THE FLY 3 or EMANUELLE IN THE DARK DIMENSION and maybe it can sell tickets in the foreign market.

Rooney & Kate Mara

[​IMG]

21. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

LOL - let's not release a screener ahead of opening-day and hope people don't utterly destroy this movie cos we've totally fucked-up...GREAT idea!

I bet Anthony loves this movie...

22. Rainmaker

Rainmaker "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Fantastic four is much MUCH better than I expected. What are the critics crying about? I give this movie a 7/10. It's an entertaining movie.

23. Panchyprsss

:ant:

24. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

You're not the first person I've heard say that.

However, the other person I heard say that knows fuck-allabout movies (clue: his all-time favorite is ET and he likes the most recent of Star Wars trilogy of movies so go figure) and probably said this because he didn't want to disappoint his precocious daughter who loved it.

25. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

Yeah, and Rainmaker ain't the best source for movie reviews either. However, I have to agree with him on this one, the movie wasn't THAT bad.

26. Panchyprsss

If it wasn't based on the Fantastic Four comicbook it would have been a nice little scifi film, but once they got 'contaminated' and developed powers that is when it went downhill. The director obviously was not interested in making a comicbook superhero film.

27. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    Goddamn, what a roller coaster of shit this movie turned out to be. I actually enjoyed the 1st hour or so of it.

Looks like the producers meddled with it big time. No way Josh Trank was responsible for this fuckup. He actually had an interesting take on the characters for a little bit. You can almost see the exact point where the movie was taken out of his hands.

I'm not a big endings guy, but the last 20 minutes of this movie pretty much destroyed any goodwill the beginning of this movie built up. What an inconsequential shit show that whole last set piece turned out to be.

I love how in the span of 5 minutes Dr. Doom goes from.........."Hey what a tragic end to our buddy, but he was kind of a dick anyways"..........to "Hey we found our buddy, hooray".......to "Hey, our buddy's a bad guy now".........to "Oh no, our buddy wants to destroy the earth with a home made black hole so he can live alone on an inter-dimensional planet and play checkers with himself, lets stop him by throwing stuff at him".................to basically yadda, yadda'ing the destruction of an inter-dimensional black hole by plugging it up with Sue Storms vagina or some sort of nonsense. :lol:

5/10

Could have been much better.

28. Destruction and Mayhem

I've never seen the film but after your description Nobleart in confident that I never will! Lol

29. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

I don't know, just turn it off the second they finish their transformation and you'll probably convince yourself you were watching a halfway decent superhero film.

You could tell during the beginning of the transformation that Trank was going for the tortured hero, both mind and body theme that he pulled off pretty successfully with "Chronicle", and then the producers came in and went "no, no, fuck that, just make them save the world with some green screen bullshit and end it already".