Fedor\Choi on New Years Eve

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by TFK, Nov 20, 2007.

1. valdosta

valdosta Undisputed Champion

Home Page:

Linland as a heavyweight is a bum. The only reason he took the fight was he knew it was a great payday and he was way overpaid to fight Fedor. Shit, Anderson Silva is a great Middleweight but as a heavyweight? yeah he would be a bum to. That's why they have weight divisions.

2. *Z*

*Z* WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

At least I know how to spell "hole" :lol:

Kongo and Gonzaga also beat Crop Cop, that's no big deal these days.

Go ahead and break down Fedor's great resume for me then. He's got Nog, Cro Cop and Hunt. Other than that what is so great?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2007
  3. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

If you're going to judge a man's resume based on hindsight, then you better start talking shit about EVERY fighter who ever lived! You and I both know that nobody talked shit about CroCop back when Fedor fought him in the Pride ring 2 years ago. That was a GREAT win for Fedor! CroCop was the #1 challenger in the world, no questions asked. Nobody ever denied him that claim.
    Who cares if CroCop is losing now, it doesn't take away the fact that in the Pride ring he was laying opposition out in the most brutal fashion for years leading up to his showdown with Fedor 2 years ago.

4. *Z*

Maybe Pride guys just aren't that good? Sure seems like the trend now that they are all coming to the UFC. :lol:

5. Hanzy

Every mma fighter has gotten their ass handed to them. Barnett, Couture a hundred times, Liddell, Ortiz, Sylvia, Arlovski, etc. What's so great about seeing Fedor fight Barnett? The same Barnett who got raped by CroCop 3 straight times? What's so special about seeing Couture fight Fedor? The same Couture who's been smashed countless times against inferior oppositon?
    How does beating these guys truly enhance Fedor? You know that Fedor is not going to be given credit just for beating up on these guys who've already been KTFO so many times prior.

6. Hanzy

Rampage may beg to differ seeing as he obliterated the mike tyson of the UFC in Chuck Liddell in about a minute.:tease:

7. *Z*

He'd get more credit for fighting those guys than he does for fighting Choi and Lindland.

Fedor is the Floyd Mayweather of MMA. He may indeed be the best, but he isn't proving it on a consistant basis.

8. *Z*

Liddell was never anything like Mike Tyson. I don't care how much he gets hyped by the UFC.

9. jarhead

jarhead Undisputed Champion

Operations Manager
    Funny you say these "Pride fighters" just maybe aren't that good?:laughing:

Then why was Barnett the UFC champion and went to Pride to be handed his ass?

Why was the UFC Icon Chuck Liddell straight up punked by Jackson?

An old CroCop was beat. Shogun was beat. Now you say all the Pride guys suck, what a fucking joke your arguement has become.

Hanzy, its obvious to the world that Fedor is the #1 HW. UFC could have had him fighting Randy but the truth is Dana White knows Fedor wipes his ass with him and if they couldn't have Fedor for a longterm contract it didn't make sense to have the world know that the UFC HW's are second rate to Fedor.

10. *Z*

Ok so Fedor is the best, and he never has to fight another live opponent to please you guys.

Who the fuck is Fedor going to fight in some no name promotion now anyway? Some 1-0 freakshow? What's next? a guy with 5 fights? Pathetic.

11. jarhead

Operations Manager
    Hold on Z. you are missing the boat on this. I am not saying Fedor doesn't have to fight anyone live again. And if I can speak for Hanzy and BYG I am pretty sure they don't feel that way neither. The point I was trying to make is that Fedor is the best and I think we all agree on that. I was also trying to point out that although Valdosta blames Fedor for not fighting in the UFC, there are definitely two sides to that story and I happen to take the side of Fedor rather than Dana White and the UFC.

The bad part is, it sounds like Randy is definitely stuck in 4 more fights with the UFC. Which will put him like 2 years out of a potential fight with Fedor. The UFC has made it very clear they aren't going to allow a one fight deal between Fedor and Randy. It sucks. Where I don't see it along the lines of you and Valdosta, is I see a guy who is trying to do something for the future of MMA fighters and I will never take the side of a greedy corporation that is the UFC.

Just out of pure curiousity does anyone know the contract status of any of the top UFC HW's besides Randy? Barnett, Silvia, Arlovski, Chongo, etc?

12. *Z*

I think Fedor is the best HW right now. I'm just bitter that he isn't in a position to fight other top fighters and I have seious doubts that he will as long as he's with M-1. I'm not taking sides with the UFC, I just know that is where most of the top guys are right now or will be in the near future.

13. jarhead

Operations Manager
    Right there with you, man. It drives me nuts. I was so fucking pumped when Randy and Fedor talks were going on. Now it just seems like we will be waiting for nothing.

Is there a fight in the works for Randy right now? I was kind of hoping Chongo would get a shot. The matchup seems interesting style wise anyway.:dunno:

14. Hanzy

It's not Fedor's responsibility any longer to pursue a fight with Randy. Fedor and Bodog offered him $4 million for a fight back in the spring and Randy declined and instead opted to sign a new contract with the UFC. It was Randy who DUCKED Fedor, not vice versa.

15. jarhead

Operations Manager
    good call Hanzy, I forgot about that. Randy signs the contract to avoid Fedor and then complains about the contract that he can't get out of to fight Fedor. :doh:

Hanzy, do you know anything about the top HW's in the UFC contracts? I am just wondering if any of them will soon be free for a fight with Fedor.:dunno:

16. Beyond the Grave

Beyond the Grave Undisputed Champion

steel maker
    Home Page:
    Bodog made an offer to Couture for millions and he declined and chose to resign with the UFC out of loyalty and fight Tim Sylvia instead,thats why I'm confused when Valdosta say's Fedors ducking fighters when solid proof shows its the other way around...............I bet Randy's kicking himself in the nuts now :lol:

17. Hanzy

That information is a little difficult to get. Those hardcore fans who claim to have the scoop don't really know anything.

18. jarhead

Operations Manager
    sure thing, if you here anything make a thread.

Peace