Fedor won fourth Sambo Championship!!!

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by Beyond the Grave, Nov 11, 2007.

1. valdosta

valdosta Undisputed Champion

Home Page:
    That's nice. Perhaps someday the "best fighter in the world" will feel like fighting a top fighter again. Lord knows he hasn't felt like it in the last couple of years. It's a shame Fedor is better than Nog. Nog actually isn't afraid of fighting top competition over and over. Lord knows (adding in Choi), Fedor's competition is very subpar his last 5 fights. He fought a top 10-20 guy in hunt and then 4 bums.

2. Beyond the Grave

Beyond the Grave Undisputed Champion

steel maker
    Home Page:
    He also fought a top guy in Mirko Cro Cop in those five fights:lol: .but like I said before nobody can touch Fedor's resume at heavyweight and that obviously burns you up inside... Alot of FANS don't like the move he made but his peers applaud him for treating the UFC like bush league and going elsewhere and expect more fighters too dump the UFC once there contracts are up

Last edited: Nov 21, 2007
  3. jarhead

jarhead Undisputed Champion

Operations Manager
    as you could say the same for CroCop but you make Fedor's win over him which was years ago now, not anything impressive because Gonzaga beat an older version of now. Your arguements against Fedor is just rediculous.

4. valdosta

Home Page:
    Huh? I never said Fedor beating Cro Cop wasn't impressive. :dunno: When I list his 3 big wins that was 1 of them. It's the rest of his resume that is GARBAGE.

5. valdosta

Home Page:
    Reread my post. I said including Choi, which excludes Cro Cop. Nothing burns me up inside I don't care about MMA enough to be that bothered about it. It just cracks me up that some people act like Fedor the freakshow is doing something great. He's not, he's fighting freakshow crap. He's getting roasted at theunderground, great stuff. Those people call it like it is.:bears:

6. Beyond the Grave

steel maker
    Home Page:
    But you can't name a heavyweight who's resume is better now thats garbage.

7. valdosta

Home Page:
    Like I have to continuosly say to your hard headed ass, Fedor has not come close to cleaning out the division.

8. Beyond the Grave

steel maker
    Home Page:
    Come on name one Heavyweight I dare you :lol:

9. valdosta

Home Page:
    I prefer to name all the guys he hasn't fought while he fights bums.

10. jarhead

Operations Manager
    He has wins over Randleman and Colman in their primes as well as Hearing. I would take any of those guys over Tim silvia.

11. valdosta

Home Page:
    I would take Sylvia's career over any of those guys. Coleman would maybe beat Sylvia, he has a good style for it. Sylvia would beat Herring or Randleman though.

12. jarhead

Operations Manager
    I just can't get down with that. Sylvia is a slob, he has one thing and that is height. Possibly Herring, but I think Randleman was a smart enough fighter to beat him.

13. Bob N. Weave

Bob N. Weave WBC Champion

:laughing:

14. winner by choke

winner by choke Undisputed Champion

Choi is Fyodor's toughest test since Mirko Crocop.

The guy beat Sapp and LeBanner and he had 120 LBS and a foot and a half on Emelianenko.

Anyone who thinks this is an easy fight or that Choi is a "can", is retarded.

15. Beyond the Grave

steel maker
    Home Page:
    Thanks for the info on Choi....damn,he beat Lebanner? :eeeek:

16. ArturoGatti

ArturoGatti WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    he's a freak, that's what he is.

17. jarhead

Operations Manager
    That's good info. He maybe a freak Gatti, but the way Valdosta talks of him is like he has never beat anyone of any significance. LeBanner is a decent fighter.:nono:

18. Beyond the Grave

steel maker
    Home Page:

If there not on Spike TV they are bums in Valdosta's eye's :lol: He knew nothing about this guy,at least wait and see what he can do or do some research on the guy :dunno:

19. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Yeah, but he beat them in K-1 fights, which have different rules then MMA. K-1 is pretty much just kickboxing and Mui Thai, with no ground game, Jui-Jitsu, or submissions. So thos fights...yes including his 3...count them...3...impressive wins over Akibono...are meaningless.

Choi has 1 actual MMA fight, a win over some actor.

That's not exactly the resume that deserves a fight against the top P4P fighter in the world.

TFK

20. valdosta

Home Page:
    l.....

My response already got taken. K-1 does not=MMA. Choi is an unrpoven freakshow and don't deserve a fight with the supposed best MMA fighter in the world.

21. Azazel

Azazel "Twinkle Toes" McJack

I'm pretty sure it was a draw, but that Lebanner deserved it imo. But for the rest, I kind of agree, sure Choi isn't deserving of a title fight, but he's still a 300 lbs 7foot man, with a good kickboxing pedigree, it ain't the joke fight some makes it out to be. For M-1 fist ever event, it's not bad at all for a main event.

22. TFK

It's a terrible main event.

Had UFC put 1-0 Brock Lesnar in against Couture for his 1st fight in the UFC, people would be all over Dana White. But putting a 1-0 Choi against Fedor is ok?

I'm a Fedor fan, but part of me wants to see him lose, just to shut up his Sherdog nuthuggers.

My guess is, M-1 is finished promoting fights by the end of 2009.

TFK

23. jarhead

Operations Manager
    I seriously think Valdosta and TFK are employed by the UFC:lol:

you are absolutely right, TFK. If Dana White put Brock Lesnar in a fight with Randy he would get obliterated for it. But just curious, how many events have the UFC had? I think they are coming up on 79? This is M-1's first ever. And they have the consensus #1 MMA fighter in the world fighting someone who has a world class Kickboxing pedigree. It is no where near as bad as you and Valdosta are trying to portray it to be. Who knows if M-1 is around in '09, for MMA the sport's sake I sure hope it is. I just think you and your employer the UFC hope it won't:laughing:

24. Beyond the Grave

steel maker
    Home Page:
    There's more Sherdoggers against what Fedor is doing actually,the threads over there speak for itself:lol:

25. Beyond the Grave

steel maker
    Home Page:
    That's the vibe I get from the both of them(Valdosta & TFK) sometimes.If there real fans of MMA they should be crossing there fingers M-1 does well.

26. TFK

I think Choi facing Fedor is ridiculous, so that makes me 'work for the UFC'? How retarded is that?

I support all MMA. Hell, I used to go to the Ring Of Combat and MFC Cards all the time. I was watching guys like Koscheck, Pete Sell, Frankie Edgar, Eddie Alvarez, etc, fight long before they ever got any mainstream exposure.

Just because I think M-1 is doomed to fail, doesn't mean I want it to. I just think their business model is a poor one. Investing all that money in Fedor and putting them in there against a joke like Choi makes no sense at all. If you're gonna spend the money on the best P4P fighter in the world, put him in there with someone people want to see him fight, not some freakshow with a 1-0 record. What, Giant Silva wasn't available? Did they lose Butterbean's number? Akebono already have plans?

Hell, I think the IFL and the whole 'team' concept is retarded, and the way they air edited matches on TV makes their show unwatchable, does that make me any less of a fan of MMA?

I don't sound like I work for the UFC. On the contrary, it's you guys who sound like those people who can't let Pride go, and who pray for the UFC to fail, thinking that will somehow justify their 'Pride is better then UFC' arguments.

You can make any argument you want, but at the end of the day, Fedor vs. Choi is still a terrible fight.

TFK

27. jarhead

Operations Manager
    I can respect that argument. I myself have been to Ring of Combat, as well as King of the Cage. Good stuff, I also try to make as many of the local events at the National Guard Armory as a few guys in my gym are usually on the card. I wish Fedor was fighting Randy. But it isn't happening since Randy chose to sign the contract with the UFC rather than fight Fedor. All I am trying to say and I think BYG is saying it as well, Choi isn't as bad as we think you and Valdosta are making him out to be. Is he on the same level as Fedor? No. But he isn't my neighbor who comes home and brags about the fight he got in at the bar last neither.:rolleyes: