Floyd Mayweather dislike for Asian

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by ILLUMINATI, Feb 14, 2012.

1. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

2. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    Why are half the Sports stories in the Press, now related to various tweets?

ESPN is particularly guilty. It's fucking ridiculous.

3. Double L

Double L Book Reader

I wonder if PBF considers his success particularly noteworthy given that he's African American.

4. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

An Asian Stripper Probably Gave Floyd the Cold Shoulder & he's Held a GRUDGE Ever Since...

REED:scared:

5. KaukipRrr

KaukipRrr "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Asians are the softest targets of all when it comes to racial slurs.

6. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Eddie Murphy tackled that issue back in the 80's. I like this Lin kid, I'm jut mad about him, he's just mad about me, and I dedicate this song to him, quite rightly.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nq2MoN6PaVg?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nq2MoN6PaVg?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

7. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    ON another note, how long can Asian hegemony of the boxing world last now that their best boxers are playing basketball??

8. KaukipRrr

I see none in your signature,... :crafty: what's that about anyway?....

9. Neil

Neil tueur de grenouilles

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    twitter>ESPN

10. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Thats the true face of basketball, around 2000, 2001.

11. KaukipRrr

Well since it was obviously the worst era eva,.. why you gots it in your signature?.. and what's next?..Klitschko in your avatar?..

That would be around about the size of it wouldn't it?

12. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Klit only gets a luck in when Kurts memorial comes around this April :nono:

I like that photo. Thats why its in my Sig.

Spoze you want to now know WHY I like it???:goodnews:

13. KaukipRrr

Oh I think I have a reasonably good idea,..for you see,..pleco's or 'sucker fish' ...make no sound,.. but with thier popped eyes,..and whiskery mouths cupped onto rocks or glass at all times, it tells a story of inner torment.

:crafty: You would be the first to say ''Bless you'' if someone were to sneeze..

14. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Only if they are female, or for men, if I am fond of them....."God Bless" is just a a high form of praise or respect, even Ayn knew that.

Google "Two Brothers" for the basketball photo.

15. KaukipRrr

Uh uh uh uh uh,..:crafty:,.. this is about STEALTH,.. it's like what's said in Shawshank redemption,..talking about a song playing inside the mind,.. "They cant get that,... they cant take it away from us"...

16. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

Floyd does have a point to be honest. The hype surrounding Lin is because he's Asian. But it's because he's the first Chinese/American to play in the NBA. It'd probably be the same situation over in Asia if you had a black player start dominating in say...table tennis.

17. Double L

Double L Book Reader

Pbf's tweet exposes so much about the way he thinks.

18. LOK

LOK I'll eat your asshole alive

i dont believe in saying "bless you"

19. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

Yeah, when someone sneezes I just yell at them to shut the fuck up.

20. Hitman

Hitman Undisputed Champion

The problem is that this is incorrect.

"Lin is the first player in league history to have at least 20 points and seven assists in each of his four career starts."

First player in league history, that includes James, Jordan, Erving, Chamberlain etc etc. Players (black or otherwise) are NOT doing this every night and getting slighted their proper recognition. Players aren't doing this everyday.

The hype that he is getting is being brought about by production, stats and wins. His stats have been inflated due to some below average competition and the lack of Stoudemare and Anthony on the team to take points away, I'll grant you that... but with those two players this team has gone 8-15 and one of the biggest disappointments in the league and overall an embarrassing basketball team and it h as all been turned around by this player almost single-handedly.

21. Free Ike

Free Ike WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

None
    Floyd is right. This PC shit is out of control. Lin is getting the hype because he is Asian. If Melo went on a tear, it might make the front page of the NBA page on Yahoo Sports. It would like be black person winning a chess tournament. Normally, chess gets no coverage. If some Black kid won a chess tournament, the hype would be murderous. Floyd should be hated for a billion reasons, but there is nothing wrong with this comment on any level.

22. Hitman

Melo wasn't undrafted, cut by two teams and sleeping on his teammates couch a few weeks ago.

23. Free Ike

None
    Melo isn't Asian either. You have to be some sort of ignorant to believe the fact that there isn't a large novelty factor that an Asian American is outballing black people. No one gives two shits about his story, if his name is Jayquan Jackson. Sorry.

24. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    This kid is the perfect storm.

A Harvard educated, Asian-American, Undrafted Player with a catchy last name comes out of nowhere and lights it up in New York.

Not only filling up the stat sheet but actually winning games, while the stars who were losing games are temporarily out of the line-up.

Don't know how long it will last, and he turns the ball over way too much, but for now he fills every check-box you would expect to fulfill the role of media phenom.

He's a walking, talking sports movie of the week.

25. Hitman

I disagree. The Asian background is a factor, but not as much as the rest of it. He was undrafted, cut by two teams, almost out of the league without a place to live an has come onto a brutally disappointing team and turned them around to be 5-0 without the two biggest stars on the court - you have to be some sort of ignorant to believe that this isn't a bigger part of the story.

Yes if there was a black player called DeShaun Flynn who came from nowhere to turn this team around with the way they have been underperforming - we would be hearing about Flynn-sanity and it would be all over the front page of ESPN. And the stats don't lie - Asian, Black or White he is the first player to average the numbers he has averaged in his first 4 starts.

26. Free Ike

None
    Lin being an Asian/American is easily 75% of the hype. Noble is right the Harvard thing and being cut too. If Lin were black, this would not be newsworthy even in NY.LOL, 4 whole starts he is averaging great numbers. Amazing.

ESPN should just be honest and yell "He is Asian, Asian, Asian, Asian." His being Asian is the majority factor by a lot.

27. Hitman

I think it is the other way around - about 25% because he is Asian/American. The hype is coming around the 5-0 win streak, imo. And I am not sure if you are a basketball fan but NY loves basketball and their team has been atrocious for over 10 years. They are looking for anything to jump onto and try to believe. This team has actually looked like a proper basketball game for 5 straight games! If you take out the first half of last season, you couldn't say that about the knicks since 2001.

Last year the Knicks were 2 games over .500 when Carmelo Anthony joined the team, they ended up going .500 with Anthony, and swept in the playoffs. Now, if Carmelo had joined the team and started 5-0 and drastically improved the team in the process - the hype would have been INCREDIBLE. All over ESPN, jersey sales thru the roof. Problem is that he got to NY and the team looked worse, played worse, and finished worse and then started out the next season 8-15.... until this new guy got a chance.

28. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

Yup. New York is a huge part of the hype equation.

29. Erratic

Erratic "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Professional Bum
    Home Page:
    If you're a rarity in a sport, it's natural that you'd get some extra attention. The fact that Lin is the 1st Asian-American, a Harvard graduate, undrafted, about to be cut not too long ago, adds to it being an even more rare case. Then he's playing in New York which always adds to the media sensation.

It wouldnt matter though if the guy was playing like shit.

Mayweather is always yapping about race. Saying HBO doesn't appreciate him and that Manny Steward is an Uncle Tom. Saying "who cares if Victor Ortiz raised himself, black kids raise themselves all the time". He's a whining idiot.

30. Double L

Double L Book Reader

What everyone should be asking themselves is why this bothers PBF enough to make a public statement on it.

Apparently, it is eating him up that this guy is getting as much attention.

So where does PBF think that attention should be directed instead? What does it say about the significance he attributes to media attention?

It's almost irrelevant whether PBF has a point or not, isn't it? I personally think he does not. I don't think any player who's done what Lin has wouldn't get attention. I think the fact he doesn't have the typical background as most players makes it a better story, for sure. But again. What's it matter?

What matters is that PBF was bothered by this, thinks it's an injustice, and apparently feels the media should stick to talking about black players.