Game of Thrones season 3

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Panchyprsss, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Steve-Dingo

Steve-Dingo Wizard of Oz

:lol:

Great episode.

Ah've alsae read the books (so far) and the gruesome scene being talked aboot was like Anthony slapping me in the face wi' a wet fish, when Ah first read it. Jings! It was such a shock.

2. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/78juOpTM3tE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. toomuchsol

toomuchsol Undisputed Champion

Home Page:
    Arya's Reaction:

<iframe class="vine-embed loaded playing" src="https://vine.co/v/b3XZMHmxzxh/embed/simple" frameborder="0" height="600" width="600"></iframe><script async="" src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. Haymaker

Haymaker WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

I only understood "brother" and "mother". WTF is she from?

5. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    she was trying some ebonics and failed miserably at it.

6. toomuchsol

Home Page:
    She's from Jolly ol England but she is doing a weird southern accent. Here is the transcript:

"They dead," she says in a southern accent. "Like, SO dead. Like, OMG dead. My mother and brother are dead."

7. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

I love Arya. I wish she could murder all the Lannisters... particularly that cunt Joffrey.

That said...

***SPOILER ALERT!!!***

in the books we know that Joffrey is not killed by Arya, but dies via poisoning. Rob Stark brought his own demise to himself. Had he being more smart he would not had killed his own allied because of the murder of the two boys thus avoiding the wrath and revenge of the Frays and to add insult to injury he weds that nice ass girl instead of keeping his promise to marry one of the Frays ugly daughters. He was an idiot that fell for a trap that everybody else but him saw coming.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  8. Haymaker

Haymaker WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

He was too young/inexperienced. Plus he had the same weakness as his father, he was too honorable and honest. Hence why Ned Stark didn't last too long. What are you saying the Arya/Joffrey thing for? Do you think the writers are going that route? It seems they take many creative liberties.

9. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    I thought it was a solid finale. Setting things up for next year like I said. Tywin is still the man, but all these little squabbles and wars are going to become meaningless if I'm reading all the signs correctly. If you've read the books already, don't fucking tell me if I'm right or wrong.

:fist:

10. toomuchsol

Home Page:
    Don't worry. Book readers still have no idea where Martin is going with the story and there are points where I wonder if he knows. I know in the fourth book he said he wrote himself into a corner and you could tell.

I'm just hoping that the end of the story is as awesome as the beginning and not as tedious as the middle.

11. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

I just hope the whole saga ends with Daenerys Targayen having her dragons burning to ashes all the seven kingdoms. IMO the final showdown is between her and Jon Snow since the title 'A Song of Ice & Fire' more than hints at that.

12. toomuchsol

Home Page:
    I wouldn't consider this to be a spoiler because it is just speculation but if you don't want to know any theories stop reading now:

There are a lot of people out there that think that Jon and Daenerys are related. Specifically that Ned Starks sister Lyanna and Danys' uncle Rhaegar secretly had a baby(Jon Snow) and made Ned promise to take him and keep it a secret. Not sure if it is true or not but it's for sure the most interesting theory out there IMO.

13. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

Really? How did you know? I could tell something was a foot when Cathleyn started reacting to the song they were playing, but why? Then the one guy points down at the knife on the table and she knows what's up. But why? What did that mean?

Anyway it was fairly obvious that guy was either about to kill Jamie or cut off his hand. I didn't like the fact that they made the female knight beat him so easily when they fought.

By the way their is no better actor than the guy who plays Hordor. He delivers each line with perfect precision lol.

I knew Eggirate was going to relase her arrow into Jon Snows ass, after he'd done the same to her on numerous occasions. One should well know the common phrase "a woman scorned..."

14. TKO

TKO Administrator Staff Member

After season one I went online to read about the show. Some dick posted the spoiler about Rob / Cathleyn. However during that wedding episode it was pretty clear they were doomed. As soon as Cathleyn heard that song about the Lannisters she should have warned Rob.

If you remember, in the previous episode Joffreys mom tells his wife to be a horrifying story about the Lannisters and that was the song playing at the wedding.