Game of Thrones season 4 trailers

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Panchyprsss, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

IMO it was entertaining. Sersei getting raped by Jaimie next the corpse of Joffrey caused some shockwaves for fans of the books who cried foul; Sansa falling into the claws of Littlefinger once again proves this poor girl can't get a break from suffering; Stannis has always been uninteresting so I didn't cared; John Snow finally showed some leadership qualities; Arya & the Hound continues being the series funniest odd couple in the 'Road to Winterfell' journey; Tyrion is still the coolest Lannister in Westeros even in chains; and Daenerys once again gets all my love as the baddest conqueror on screen. The cliffhanger ending left me begging for more. Can't wait til Sunday!

2. Panchyprsss

Episodes 4 & 5 were very good. John Snow being a badass warrior, and the crippled kid finally did something cool.

3. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    Cersei appearing a little more human this episode. Could it be SHE had Joffrey killed through Baelish, in favor of Tommen? Probably not, but a nice thought nonetheless.

No spoilers either, ya' book readin' fairies. :nono:

4. Andrew

Andrew "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Pretty slow start to the season i thought. Last weeks episode was cracking, Tyrions speech at the end was brilliant.

5. Steve-Dingo

Steve-Dingo Wizard of Oz

AgREED. Superb courtroom scene, fullae brooding emotion.

6. Panchyprsss

'I demand a trial by combat!' Yeah, Jamie's time to demonstrate he is not finished as a swordman.

7. TKO

TKO Administrator Staff Member

I can't see Poppa Lannister allowing Jamie to fight. The blood line remember!! My money is on Pince Oberyn.

BTW, how good is Peter Dinklage

8. Panchyprsss

Prince Oberyn doesn't give two shits about the Lannisters; in fact he is there to secretly get revenge for his sister's murder. I bet Tyrion believes Jamie has rehearsed enough to be competent in combat. It will be Jamie against the other King's knight that testified against Tyrion. Jamie wins, Tyrion is set free and Jamie will not need to honor his promise to a very angry Tywin Lannister. This is the most likely scenario.

9. TKO

Unless Tywin selects the hounds brother for combat... :crafty:

10. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    I'm sorry, I know Tyrion is innocent, but he seems to have exposed and exploited a deep flaw in the Westeros justice system. :lol:

11. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    Judge - "Ted Bundy, you have been accused of grievous acts against humanity...AND serial killing. How do you plead?"

Bundy - "Your honor, I demand trial by combat"

Judge - "Very well, who is your champion?"

Bundy - "Larry Holmes, your honor"

Larry Holmes - "I better be gettin' paid for this shit"

Bundy - "Don't worry, I have bags of gold in my freezer at home"

Larry Holmes - "Have you told Don King about this gold yet?"

Bundy - "What?"

Larry Holmes - "Very well, you pale white motherfucker, you have a deal"

Judge - "...and I choose my bailiff here, Walker Texas Ranger"

Larry Holmes - "Fuck this noise, I'm out! Don't call me in Easton, Bundy, I won't be there for awhile"

Bundy - "Motherfuck....."

12. Steve-Dingo

Steve-Dingo Wizard of Oz

Peter Dinklage is amazing and is making these scenes oot o' this world. Tae be fair tae the other characters, being a 'book readin' fairy' ( :lol: thanks Nobleart) Ah know that Tyrion is alsae the best tae read aboot in the Fire and Ice saga. The TV series is hitting all o' the boxes (wi' the exception o' some o' the grander battles so far, which is fine as Ah'd rather the budget is used as it is presently being used as total quality throughoot the series) and it actually improved some sequences as, as much as Ah like Martin's work, he does go on a bit sometimes.

13. Steve-Dingo

Steve-Dingo Wizard of Oz

:laugh11: :hut:

14. TKO

HBO should kill Martin off and be done with it.

15. Panchyprsss

the Game of Thrones babes:

Natalie Dormer
    [​IMG]

Lena Heady

[​IMG]

Emilia Clarke
    [​IMG]

Rose Leslie
    [​IMG]

Clarice Van Houten
    [​IMG]

Sophie Turner
    [​IMG]

not to be confused with the slutty bikini hoe of similar name, Sophie Turner

[​IMG]

16. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

Really? I thought ep 6 was one of the most boring ones of all the seasons. The only good part was like you said, Tyrions speech. Otherwise the episode was filled with a trip to the bank, a wasted as well as aborted jail break attempt, a couple of bathing scenes and ramblings of a lunatic, and a boring court room full of lies that only pissed you off if you're a Tyrion fan. The dragon scene could have been good but it made me feel worried for Danyers & her dragons. The only good part of the whole episode was Tyrions speech which was so good I watched it 3 times, so by no means am I saying it was a wasted episode just one of the worst ones.

17. Panchyprsss

Well, HBO needs to stretch episodes as much as they can or they'll catch-up with the last Martin published book in a blink. The old fart needs to start writing again or HBO will start doing prequels before we get back to the current plot.

18. Panchyprsss

Either you read the book or you are a superb psychic to nail correctly both champions. :twitch:

19. Steve-Dingo

Steve-Dingo Wizard of Oz

Ah've read the books, McPanchy o' Loch Prsss and yer above post reveals tae much... Ah suggest a quick edit, laddie - fer the sake o' those who know no better.

20. Panchyprsss

I didn't reveal anything. TKO on the other hand...

21. TKO

I have not read the books :mj:

From episode 1 or 2 it was clear Prince Oberyn had a major role to play. Kill Tywin in Kings Landing... I don't think so. The mountain on the other hand is the prefect opportunity for his revenge.

22. Haymaker

Haymaker WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

I must be a fanboy because I don't find any episode boring.

23. Steve-Dingo

Steve-Dingo Wizard of Oz

Pardon me, laddie - Ah forgot that they in the States see the episodes first. Ye mightae given in away fer the rest o' us, mind.

O'TK - Great deduction skills, Ah thought Ye'd read the book as well, like.

Haymaker - Ah'm wi' Ye, no often they've got it wrong. Total quality throughoot.

24. Panchyprsss

Oberyn is no match for the Mountain That Walks unless some sorcery intervenes. Tyrion is doomed.

25. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

I'm definitely a fanboy. I didn't mean the episode was boring just that it was probably the least entertaining one I've seen. I didn't actually find it boring but let's just say that before that episode had you asked me which episode from any season was the least interesting, I wouldn't have been able to tell you. Also that was the only episode I can recall that actually felt like it was just filler and wasn't really advancing the story much.

Is that a fact or are you just guessing? If it's a fact I would have liked the word "Spoiler" to head your post. If it's not a fact then I'll just say this: Sword fighting much like boxing is a skill contest, and the Mountain's size and strength will only get him so far. Oberyn seems like he's a badass.

26. Panchyprsss

Just a guess. I have not read the books. I was almost sure that Jamie was going to be Tyrion's champion. So that should give you a clue how clueless I can be in my predictions.

27. TKO

:hammert:

I got one!!! :lol:

28. TKO

Agreed - The Mountain is toast.

29. TKO

Question, What's the deal with Lysa and the letter. Was she involved in Catelyn / Robs death

30. Panchyprsss

No, but she was guilty of following Petyr's plot that caused the domino effect that eventually brought the downfall of Winterfell and their deaths. She put poison in her husband's wine (courtesy of Littlefinger) and then send a letter to Catelyn accusing the Lannisters for his murder. John Aryn, her husband, was the Hand of the King and his death caused that Robert Baratheon appointed Ned Stark as the new Hand of The King. She tried to kill Tyrion for her husband's death. She refused to help Cate/Rob in The War of The Five Kings which was crucial for Rob and eventually forced him to seek alliance with the very same people who ended up killing him and his family.