Gennady Golovkin vs. Canelo Álvarez: Sept 16 2017 - Official thread

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Rich ´Money´ Mustard, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Erratic

Erratic "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Professional Bum
    Home Page:
  2. Double L

Double L Book Reader

3. mexican wedding shirt

mexican wedding shirt The Greatest of Are Times

This fight needs an immediate rematch, it should be in December.

4. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Nah, they Just Know Triple G will Be a Year OLDER...

Canelo's @ that Phase of his Career where he ONLY Fights Cinco de Mayo Weekend and Mexican Independence Day Weekend, Per Calendar Year...

He Could Justify NOT Facing Golovkin in May 2018, but Not by the Time September Rolls Around...And he Will...

REED:cool:

5. mexican wedding shirt

Realistically yeah, that's what I thought. Best let Gennady get that little bit closer towards 40 ;)

6. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    Reed seems cool with that plan. Alvarez apologist that he is

7. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

What's Wrong w/It???...

Have Them Co-Headline a PPV in May, Which Would Only HEIGHTEN Interest in the Eventual RE...

Only People Complaining are Triple G Lovers, Because they KNOW He's Getting Older...But the Thing is, Had Triple G Simply agREED to the Catchweight 2 Years Ago, he Probably Beats the Brakes Off Canelo in a 1-Sided Fight...

For Sure, his Age WOULDN'T Be a Factor, as it Is Now...

8. mexican wedding shirt

What was the catchweight offer 2 years ago?

9. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

I don't know of any legitimate catch weight offer to which reed is referring. Who gives a fuck, really? It's pretty obvious what golden boys plan was

mexican wedding shirt likes this.
  10. mexican wedding shirt

Yeah I don't remember one. All I remember is him coming up with every excuse under the sun to not fight Golovkin, running like a bitch, then fighting "Liam Smith" and chavez jr and gladly giving Gennady his belt.

11. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

I'm not interested in an immediate rematch to be honest. I was initially but now I'd like to see them face some of the other big names in the division and sort it all out before facing each other again

12. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

I don't need to see them fight again to know who the better fighter is. A faded Golov beat a peak Canelo.

13. Erratic

Erratic "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Professional Bum
    Home Page:
    That's exactly what I was thinking of when the topic of ugly boxing trunks came up. That was just horrendous.

Also, Bowe against Coetzer. Not particularly the trunks themselves, but the fact that it was made out of poor material and we were forced to see Bowe's cheeky side.

Camacho wore some faggoty trunks too, in addition to wonderful costumes like this:

[​IMG]

cdogg187 likes this.
  14. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

which big names do you want to see alvarez face? charlo? jacobs? derevyanchenko? malignaggi?

15. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

It was @ 156 or 158, if REED's Not Mistaken...

Canelo was Forced Into a Catchweight when he Defended HIS OWN Title Against Floyd...He Was Also Forced Into a Catchweight When he Won the Middleweight Title from Cotto...Ironically, Triple G Stated on the Record he'd Move DOWN to '54 or '52 to Face Floyd AND he Tried to Force Andre Ward Into a Catchweight of '64, in Defense of Ward's Supermiddle Title...

But Even w/All That, Somehow, Canelo was Labeled a "Bitch" for Wanting a Catchweight w/Golovkin???...

The ACTUAL Weights are Sketchy in REED's Mind, but it's a FACT Triple G was Offered a Catchweight w/Canelo 2 Years Ago...And Like REED Said, it's his OWN Fault he Didn't Jump on the Fight THEN...

Neil KNOWS All of this is FACT, Just as REED Does, but Neil's Memory FAILS Him in Regards to Fighters/Athletes he DISLIKES...

16. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Nope...

The Popular NARRATIVE is Canelo "Ran Like a Bitch"...The TRUTH Is, Triple G Turned Down Catchweight Offers AND Turned Down a Flat Fee of 15mil, OVERRATING his Own Drawing Power...

As for the WBC Belt, that was Mexican BETRAYAL from Canelo's Perspective...WBC is Based in Mexico, Canelo's Mexican, Dela is Mexican-American and Golden Boy Promotions Bent Over Backwards to Accommodate WBC Over the Years, Paying LAME Ass Sanctioning Fees for "Silver" and "Diamond" Championship Fights...

Right or Wrong, When WBC Gave Canelo 30 Days to Make a Decision on the Triple G Fight, Team Canelo Felt BETRAYED by their Own People, an Organization They'd Willingly Assisted Over the Years, so they Told WBC to Go Fuck Themselves by Dropping the Title PRIOR to the Deadline...

17. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

REED Wouldn't Mind a Double Bill of Canelo - Lemieux and Triple G - Saunders...

18. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

:D saunders?

you just detailed all these alleged offers golden boy made to golovkin and now you bring up saunders as a possible golovkin foe? the guy has wanted no part of golovkin.

19. mexican wedding shirt

REED, come on man, that's a very biased take and I think you know it :D

Whether Canelo had a legit beef with the WBC or not, the reality is these three things happened.

1) He said "We don't fuck around in Mexico! I'll fight him anytime, anywhere!" (proceeds to duck Golovkin blatantly, and relinquish his belt).

2) He said Golovkin wasn't a big enough name, then proceeded to fight "Liam Smith" (lolol).

3) He said he wasn't ready to fight at 160, then fought Chavez Jr at 164.

I mean, these things are so blatant and ridiculous you couldn't make them up.

20. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Apparently You DIDN'T Receive the Memo, Because Saunders Spoke of Facing Golovkin PRIOR to Canelo-Triple G AND Prior to his Win Over Monroe...

Even Frank Warren has Mentioned it SINCE Canelo-Triple G...

It's Bad Enough You Straight Up LIED About Not Knowing a Thing about Canelo's Catchweight Offer to Triple G, but NOW You're Gonna Pretend Saunders and his Promoter HAVEN'T Spoken of Facking Golovkin Quite a Bit, Recently???...

Bottom Line, NOBODY is Afraid of Your Hero Anymore, Neil...Had He Played his Cards RIGHT, He'd Have Been 2 Years REMOVED from a Decisive Win Over Canelo, By Now...

But When You Cling to "MSG Merchandising Records", THIS is Where You Wind Up...

21. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

w/All Due Respect, Brother Mex, You're THE LAST MOTHERFUCKER that Should EVER Call Another Poster Out for Being 'Biased:D'...

To This Day, You CANNOT Bring Yourself to Say a Single Kind Word about Hamed, Tszyu, Trinidad and Others...@ the Same Time, You're an ADMITTED FAN of Triple G, Which Means You'll Willingly Gloss Over or Straight Up IGNORE Facts, When They're Presented to You, Bruh...

Since You Want to Hold Canelo to Some "We Don't Fuck Around Comment", Why Don't You Do Likewise to Triple G, who was WILLING to Accept a Catchweight w/Floyd, DEMANDED a Catchweight w/Ward, yet DECLINED a Catchweight w/Canelo (Who ACCEPTED Catchweights w/Floyd and Cotto Himself)???...

Can't Have it Both Ways, Bruh...

Canelo RELINQUISHED His Belt Because the WBC Made an Unprecedented Move by Making DEMANDS of a High Profile Mexican WBC Champion, Something they'd NEVER Done Previously...

@ the End of the Day, Canelo FOUGHT Triple G, So Talk of Him Being a "Bitch" Really Doesn't Hold Any Water...

22. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

I didn't receive any memos about saunders. Frankly, I don't know shit about him. Never seen him fight. All I know is what I've read on twitter from boxing writers who claim he has flat out avoided the fight with golovkin despite the wolf tickets he's been selling the past few years

Not sure what I'm lying about, but I never heard anything of any legitimate offers for a Catchweight fight 2 years ago. The 15 million dollar flat fee offer turned out to be extremely lowball and rightfully rejected, seeing as how the gate was 30 million and the ppv sold between 1 and 2 million buys apparently

23. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

Jacobs signed with hbo

24. mexican wedding shirt

I feel like this entire post is one big roundabout evasion, doing a Canelo on points 2 and 3 :D

25. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Those Points Have As Much of a Basis as Triple G REFUSING to Accept a Catchweight w/Canelo, While Simultaneously OFFERING a Catchweight to Ward, and Making it Known he'd ACCEPT a Catchweight w/Floyd...

Can't Have it Both Ways, Bruh...

Triple G Fans Pay Faaaaaaaaaaaaar Tooooooooooooo Much Attention to Canelo's Tactics, While IGNORING Golovkin's...

26. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Well Welcome to the PRESENT...

Saunders and his Promoter Have Spoken of a Golovkin Fight Since the Jacobs Bout and Reiterated their Thoughts PRIOR to the Canelo Fight...@ the VERY Least, Triple G Should Call his Bluff and Pursue that Bout, ASSuming Canelo-Triple G II Isn't Signed for May 2018...

Just Like REED and Others, You were Smack Dab in the MIDDLE of Just About Every Triple G Thread the Last Couple Years and You've Even RESPONDED to REED's Catchweight Posts...

But NOW, You've "Never Heard" of Any Catchweight Offers???...

Whatever...

Disingenuousbeat.com

REED:rolleyes:

27. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

No legit offers were ever made reed, no negotiations took place regarding a Catchweight fight. It was never an issue

As for this saunders guy, his bluff has been called and he bitched out

28. Double L

Double L Book Reader

Reed finds himself in difficult spot of having to side against ggg in every single matter, including defending saunders who he has probably never even seen fight

29. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

REED Isn't "Siding" With or Against Anybody, Doub...

Unlike YOU, in Regards to Politics and Boxing, REED ISN'T a Partisan Poster...YOUR Take is Sooooooooooooooo Predictable, you RARELY Even Need to Bother Posting It, Whereas REED Resides More in the GRAY Areas, Taking Shit Case by Case...

Also, REED's QUITE Confident he Watches a Wiiiiiider Array of Fighters than YOU, Sir...

30. Double L

Double L Book Reader

I saw saunders beat lee. Not a bad fighter.