GGG vs Kell Brook - Sep 10th at the O2

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Slice N Dice, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    I will be in Landan for this, nae danger

2. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    I agree.

3. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

Greater than Turpin over Robinson?

4. Double L

Double L Book Reader

how does brook have a decent claim as the best? he scraped by one good opponent in a disgraceful performance. and despite a half dozen other good opponents in his division, has faced none other.

the reason brook gets criticized is because it is obvious what he is doing. he knows that a loss to ggg does not hurt his career nearly as much as a loss to thurman, et al.

if brook had cleaned out his division (like tito) and then sought a challenge like ggg? that'd be one thing. but this is an obvious ploy by brook to avoid facing his real challenged at 147.

if he loses to ggg, then goes back to 147 and faces top opposition, he will have proven me wrong. but he will not. instead, he will lose to ggg, then go back to 147 and face nobodies and has beens. that is my prediction.

5. Jimmy

Jimmy The Greatest of Are Times

I'm trying to think of ways Brook can actually win this fight, but I can't. He fights one way. He'll try and keep just out of punching range to get his own shots off, but it won't work. He won't keep GGG off of him. He's not that big of a puncher at 147.

6. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Bigger than Honeyghan vs Curry. Bigger than Stracey vs Napoles.

GGG is as close to his prime as can be, and Brook was never as good as Stracey or Honeyghan, so the leap would be even more impressive.

7. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

I consider Turpin over Robinson the best ever result by a British boxer, I don't think this would beat that

8. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

His only chance will be if he can carry enough pop at 157 to at least make Triple G cautious, along with his hand speed and movement. And his chin will have to hold up.

It's a big ask. Can't see him winning.

9. Double L

Double L Book Reader

it was originally mentioned for 157. are you sure that is where it is finally though? if so, wtf?

10. meetthefeebles

meetthefeebles Drunken Geordie Bastard

I was going to waste my time with a lengthy response, but it would have basically been this. If Brook has a 'legitimate claim' at being the best at 147, then boxing really is fucked.

MTF

11. meetthefeebles

Very close. Like I said, I'd rate Brook at literally 40-1 to win this fight. He's fought precisely ONE good welterweight in his life and now he faces the consensus best 160lber for the middleweight title? It'll be the shook of the century if he wins.

MTF

12. meetthefeebles

GGG will walk him down and methodically hospitalise him. For those of us who have laughed at Brook's hilarious campaign at 147, this beating will be an enjoyable watch.

Be under no illusions, though. GGG deservse all the pelters in the world for this fight. So far as he is concerned, this is a disgraceful affair.

MTF

13. Jimmy

I'd love to go but there's too many wankers who go to London shows. No chance in getting a ringside ticket, just too bloody expensive.

14. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Why is it disgraceful from Brooks. ?

Fuck GGG. Said it for a few years, but now it's even more obvious thst he is a non ambitious fag happy to only face jokes. Sad that HBO are paying so much for these mismatches. The worst thing is that if he retires undefeated after only fighting bums, he will be hideously overrated because of that. Like Calzaghe is.

Edit: just read double L argument, and i see why he's saying it, even though I don't really agree with it

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  15. Jimmy

It's 100% at 160.

16. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Turpin was a vastly superior fighter to Kell Brook and albeit that Ray Robinson was also better than GGG, Robinson was nonetheless a former WW who did not take Turpin seriously and was in an awful lot of hard, short-notice fights against very very good fighters-stronger fighters- of the period.

Kell Brook might not even be the best welterweight in Britain.

Turpin was probably the best Middleweight on Earth the night Robinson ran into him.

17. Jesus of montreal

Lol at turpin being vastly superior to Brooks

18. Jesus of montreal

Lol. Sad isn't it

19. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    "Look, look....they mentioning Kell Brook in the same sentence as you!!!! "

[​IMG]

20. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

HBO and GGG Lovers SOWED it for Awhile, and the Time has Come to REAP...

HBO Proclaimed this Guy "Fighter of the Year", on Lamps' Show, After KO'ing a Guy Miguel Cotto Ended Up KO'ing in FEWER Rounds...GGG Lovers WILLINGLY Sat Back, Taking it Up the Ass, as their Hero Feasted on 1 Non-Descript Opponent After Another...Put it This Way, REED's a Black, American, Hardcore Boxing Fan, Yet He'd NEVER Heard of Dominic Wade Until he Signed to Face GGG...Equally, REED was Unbeknownst to Willie "the Worm" Monroe's Offspring Fighting Professionally, UNTIL he Signed to Face GGG...2 Black, American Fighters, yet REED's Black, American Ass NEVER Heard of Either til GGG...

All the While, REED Merely Suggested Moving Up to '68...No, the Names Up There AIN'T Any Better, but @ Least GGG Would Be Facing BIGGER Men, ADDING to his Legacy a Bit...It's EXACTLY What HBO Asked Roy Jones to Do, when his Meaningful Supermiddle Opposition/Options Ran Thin....REED was Chastised by the GGG Brigade for Suggesting Such a Thing...In their Next Breath, GGG Lovers BRAGGED about Undocumented Cases of him Dropping/Stopping Well Known, Bigger Fighters in Sparring...When REED Pointed Out the Hypocrisy of IGNORING GGG's Catchweight Demands for Ward, While BASHING Canelo for Catchweight Demands, he was Chastised...The Candle has Been Burned from BOTH Ends, in Favor of GGG, for QUITE a While...

Now This...

Honestly, REED's Disappointed...All the While, he "Anticipated" GGG-Monroe II, yet Team Golovkin Managed to Stoop Even Lower???...AND There's a Possibility This will Be Waged @ a Catchweight???...That's Low Hanging Fruit REED Won't Even Bother Swinging @...

For the 2,771st Time, REED ISN'T, Nor has EVER Been a GGG "Hater"...Met the Guy, was VERY Nice and Accommodating, and he Knocks MotherfuckersTHEFUCKout....When Golovkin's Fighting, REED AIN'T Missing It, Period...As a Boxing Fan, there's NATHAN to Dislike about the Cat, 1nce the Bell Rings...

But as of Today, REED's NEVER Seen a Fighter PRAISED to the Degree GGG's Praised, Having Done Soooooooooo Fucking LITTLE to Actually PROVE His Worth...And REED's Said This All Along, this AIN'T an After the Fact Opinion...More Importantly, Team Golovkin is FINE Taking the Path of Least Resistance & Why WOULDN'T They Be???...HBO and GGG Lovers Willingly Drank the Cool-Aid from his Phallic Temple...

Which Brings Us to Kell Brook, a Fucking Welterweight...Effectively, Brook is Going from Shawn Porter to GGG!!!!...Think about That???...When's the Last Time an UNDEFEATED, Reigning CHAMPION Cashed Out in Such Fashion???...Brook will Be Coming In to "Not get Hurt", as Opposed to "Win"...DISGRACEFUL...Nonetheless, This is GGG's Next Opponent...

Look YOURSELVES in the GOTdamn Mirror, HBO and GGG Lovers...Ya'll Created This Fucking Monster...And DON'T Be Surprised If/When GGG-Monroe II DOES Happen, Bitches...

REED:mut:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  21. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

All the While (and VERY Quietly, REED Might Add), Sergey Kovalev Will Be Knocking Somebody Else THEFUCKout on Monday...

REED:bravo:

22. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

:Laugh102:

23. Jesus of montreal

Great great post

24. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    He was

25. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Strange fight from Brook's perspective... Khan going against Canelo as a cash-out made sense because he was kind of going nowhere... Brook is an undefeated fighter, what reason would he have to "cash out"?

26. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    Resignations are clearly called for here.

27. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    maybe he's crazy enough to think he can do something great

28. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    Clogg, isn't it like half four over there? Get to your scratcher!

29. meetthefeebles

The main reason is that he is crap. Hearns knows it too. Brook stayed in England for years, hiding and building a flashy record against garbagemen. The Porter fight was his cash-out fight; a trip to the US where he could make some decent money, lose in (hopefully) competitive fashion and return home to slowly fade from view. I bet Hearn was a surprised as anyone when Brook actually won that fight but he certainly has made sure that he wouldn't lose since, lining him up against blokes no-one has heard of and coke-fuelled lightweights. The problem for Hearn is that the IBF have cottoned on and actually want Brook to fight someone vaguely credible again. Rather than do so, he's taken a mega cashout fight he has almost no chance of winning.

MTF

30. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Eddie Hearn is a reprehensible turd.