Golovkin Vs Canelo - who wins?

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by mexican wedding shirt, Aug 27, 2017.

?

Who wins - Alvarez or Golovkin?

1. Golovkin

78.4%
  2. Alvarez

21.6%
  1. mexican wedding shirt

mexican wedding shirt The Greatest of Are Times

Yep that's what I thought, definitely got caught by surprise, but I don't think any of them actually came close to hurting him.

2. KaukipRrr

KaukipRrr "Twinkle Toes" McJack

I'll pick that lovely marmalade crumpet on points,..

3. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
  4. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Don't let Sly see this video.

He seems to think that Canelo has the headmovement of Willie Pepp.

5. mexican wedding shirt

Interestingly - despite being a Golovkin hater - even Musze is picking Golovkin :D

6. mexican wedding shirt

I just rewatched Golovkin Vs Brook and people are out of their damn minds thinking Golovkin is shot, or even vaguely shot. He beat the shit out of Brook, cracked his eye socket with one left hook, and finished him in 5 rounds. Brook won round 2 and that's it. Golovkin looked far better against Brook than Spence did, who everyone is extremely high on.

And though he moved up from welter, Brook is a big welter and actually weighed more than Golovkin at every pre fight weigh in.

Alvarez is getting the beating of his life, he'll be slapped around like a red headed step child :D

Can't fucking wait for tomorrow, easy feast for Golovkin :D

7. Double L

Double L Book Reader

I hope ggg wins but above all i am hoping for a good fight. One x factor in this fight is the juice level canelo manages. If his team has gotten their hands on some crazy shit, you never know. I mean, i know chavez jr is not shit, but canelo seemed really strong against him.

8. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

Canelo is going to make GGG look like an old man. GGG will be HURT in this fight make no mistake. Canelo will showcase all of his experience and youth in this one. GGG's only been 12 rounds once...it'll tell in this fight when he's getting hit with damaging combinations to both head and body from the outset.

9. Destruction and Mayhem

Every time you evaluate a fight you insert juicing or illegal wraps into the discussion.

I mean.....what the fuck man?

Erratic likes this.
  10. mexican wedding shirt

Canelo looked juiced, with better stamina and speed than usual, but Golovkin would have stopped that drained punching bag. It doesn't really say much for his prowess as a middleweight, that he couldn't even put a dent in such a hapless, harmless, depleted foe.

11. mexican wedding shirt

You say that as if Canelo has better stamina - surely you don't believe that.

Canelo almost always takes breathers in fights, and struggles to maintain a good pace for 12 rounds. Meanwhile Gennady put in solid work for 12 rounds against a huge, good middleweight, and didn't look tired at any point.

Golovkin's constant pressure, steady workrate, and stamina is going to wear down the fat legged little Ginger and make him wilt, then beat the fuck out of him.

12. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Canelo is a career weight cheat so I don't think him juicing is out of the question and he's protected

He has more of the establishment in his corner ... GGG will have to kill him to win which affects his strategy ... Canelo has all the advantages yet I still expect that if he wins it'll only be via robbery

I hope GGG destroys him

mexican wedding shirt likes this.
  13. Destruction and Mayhem

Nobody has gone to GGG's body the way Canelo will be. Secondly, GGG is hittable and that doesn't bode well against an accurate and innovative combination puncher like Canelo who also has heavy hands. GGG will get weary after getting hit so much.

14. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Innovative LMAO

15. Destruction and Mayhem

Wrong choice of word...I meant to say "Spectacular!".

16. Jeffy

Jeffy Undisputed Champion

If Canelo goes to the body a lot it is going to give GGG many countering opportunities to the chin. Be careful for what you wish for.

17. Destruction and Mayhem

What you say here may be true...but it's also a meaningless cliché. An experienced boxer doesn't just drop his hands and wail away at the body, rather he picks his opportunities and shots carefully.

The broader point I want to make in response though is that you are like a mosquito to me on this forum. You just exist it seems to buzz annoyingly close to my ears without any other real meaningful purpose for your existence. You're too small and quick to be swatted...but hopefully you'll fly into a spider's web.

18. Jeffy

Wow. I seem to make you a bit insecure. Maybe it's because I don't hesitate to call you out on your bullshit and obvious agenda with regards your man crush. It is obvious to everyone on this board that every post that you make relates to stroking Floyds cock in some way.

19. Destruction and Mayhem

Again, this is another meaningless high pitched mosquito buzz. "Stroking Floyd's cock....blah blah blah". Can't you at least attempt to contribute something of substance ?

20. Jeffy

If my posts are so full of nonsense, then why do you even bother responding to them. I think I really must be striking a nerve here.

21. Destruction and Mayhem

You're not striking a nerve, you're more of a nuisance....hence mosquito. You seem to be following me around this forum just to be a contrarian.

22. Double L

Double L Book Reader

You are obviously free to ignore such factors, but especially when it comes to roids, you are naive to do so.

23. mexican wedding shirt

Spectacular? Not sure someone with spectacular offense at middleweight fails to put a dent in little old Cotto, or takes 6 rounds to KO Khan.

Jesus christ, can you imagine Gennady in with either of those? I'm not sure Khan would make it out of the first round Vs Golovkin.

24. Destruction and Mayhem

I was trolling cdogg with "spectacular". Do I have to use emoticons every time I'm having fun like the rest of you chumps ? Lol

Anyway Gennady would KO Khan in one round, two max. Hearns would KO Duran in two rounds, two max. Hagler would KO Duran in NO rounds; distance fight every time. Hagler vs Hearns....well.....

25. Wiser 1878

Wiser 1878 Bridgerweight Champion

Management/Health Care
    Canelo by destruction. I'm not even going to order or watch this snoozer.

Canelo wins every round with two knockdowns. 120-106 Canelo! :emoji_flag_mx:

26. Wiser 1878

Wiser 1878 Bridgerweight Champion

Management/Health Care
    On second thought I may order it just to see Balky's nephew and Borat's cousin getting a boxing lesson. Are they charging regular price for this PPV or is this another $100 bullshit card like that piece of shit excuse for a fight between the woman-beater and the dog-eater.

27. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

I couldn't agree more.

28. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

They meet you halfway $80....

29. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

anyone keep track?? What did I predict?? Anyway it won't go over 9...so GGG by KO 9(is that going over 9?)

30. Breeze

Breeze WBC Champion

I think its Canelos' defense that gets really underrated. He is such an offensive juggernaut with his power, combination punching, accuracy and speed, that I feel it gets overlooked. I was watching the Canelo/Cotto fight again, and Canelo is very skilled at avoiding shots inside and within range. He was making a world class boxer like Cotto miss a lot, I think Cotto landed in the range of 25% on him.

I see GGG getting very frustrated by the middle rounds and running into an uppercut counter. A punch that GGG is vulnerable to, and coincidentally one of Canelos' best punches.

After that I can honestly see a scenario where Canelo walks GGG down and works GGG to the body. Yes its sounds funny, but I do think its a plausible scenario which is why Canelo bulked up.

I see Canelo winning by split decision
    [​IMG]