Golovkin vs Prime Roy

Discussion in 'Mythical Matchups' started by Xplosive, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

True for Jacob, don't know why I completely forgot him, but I wound't call Brook a better MW than Lemieux

2. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

I predicted Golov to win by Calzaghe-Lacy type domination? Wow. Now you're telling straight up lies.

I actually said that Canelo would be in the fight early, but at some point, Golov's class would take over. I was 100% correct on that prediction. The part that I got wrong about was the stoppage.

You were entirely wrong because you predicted Canelo as the superior BOXER in the matchup, when I've been trying to tell you for fucking years now that Golov is the more skilled/intelligent technician of the two... which he proved to be.

mexican wedding shirt likes this.
  3. mexican wedding shirt

mexican wedding shirt The Greatest of Are Times

Who knows, but the guy was many people's #1 WW, is the size of a solid Jr Middle, outweighed Golovkin at every step, and Golovkin steamrolled him and effectively ended his career. I'd say that's a pretty good win.

4. Muzse

Muzse "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    1). I picked him to win

2). I thought he won

3). How many threads have you created to express your disgust?

Conclusion: The biased one resides in your mirror.

5. Jesus of montreal

I don't know. I never was really impressed by Brook. Looked like shit and barely won against Porter and Jones, blew a few bums, and got beat the shit out of him by Spence. Saying that GGG ended hs career is ridiculous. He barely eat any punches and wasn't even really hurt. Yeah he fractured an orbital bone, but this isn't that big of a deal, and it seems that Brook is very fragile anatomically, since Spence broke the other orbital bone

6. mexican wedding shirt

I can't lie - me neither. Always thought he was overrated, and that he'd get clowned by Pacquiao or Floyd. However, most people consider him an elite fighter, and many considered him the #1 WW, so yeah it was a good win.

LOL at barely eat any punches. He was punched senseless. He was taking big shots. His corner didn't decide to throw in the white towel randomly, for no reason :D

A fractured orbital bone is a big deal, and there's no way it was a coincidence that Spence fractured the other one. If Brook that was that fragile, we would have found out before.

And I actually thought he looked quite good against Spence - better than against Golovkin - before Spence stepped it up and took over.

7. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    i love this narrative from jesus the mongrel that a fractured orbital bone is some ho hum injury. basically akin to a hang nail

cdogg187 likes this.
  8. mexican wedding shirt

Exactly, wtf :D

9. Jesus of montreal

lol, breaking the left orbital bone has no incidence on breaking the right one or vice versa. And he was taking a few punches, but everyone and their motjhers were angry at the towel, and said it was a sham.

And no, an orbital bone fracture is not necessarly a big deal, depending on the size of the fracture. Neil is an incorrigible idiot, so therE's no point in arguing with him, but look at the x-ray Brook got, and at his face the day after the fight. It was a very small fracture and saying Brook got ruined because of that is absurd. Numerous fuighters won fight while having an orbital bone fracture, and were not ruined because of it.

10. meetthefeebles

meetthefeebles Drunken Geordie Bastard

Oddly, I fancy Benn has the best shot of beating a prime, 160 Roy, and he matches that description well.

I'd qualify that by saying he has a 1 in 10 shot of winning. Thats the best shot any of those world-class middles of thst era have.

MTF

11. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

I said from the beginning that it would be competitive and you said that GGG would dominate him and beat him down. Be honest ya cunt

12. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Hard to DISPUTE Any of This...

REED:cool:

13. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Just as he Demanded a Catchweight with Andre Ward, Triple G Could've Demanded a Catchweight w/DeGale or Jack...And No Doubt They'd have Complied and Proven to Be BETTER Opponents than Dominick Wade or Willie the Worm Monroe's SCRUBBY Offspring Was...

Triple G Could've Added a Title @ a Different Weight Class to his List of Accomplishments...

Problem w/Triple G Fans is they Polluted Messageboards w/Sparring Stories of him KO'ing Lightheavy's and Supermiddles, Yet Acted as if it was Unfair to Expect him to Face Average Supermiddles, In Lieu of Non Descript Middles...

Triple G Fans are Renown for Burning the Candle from BOTH Ends...

REED:cool:

Muzse likes this.
  14. Xplosive

Objectively, Triple G definitely didn't want any parts of SOB.

15. Muzse

Muzse "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:

word

16. Xplosive

I dunno about DeGale, but let's not forget that until very recently, Badou Jack was viewed as a bum but well, everybody.

17. Jesus of montreal

Not really. It was obvious he was a good fighter ever since he beat Dirrell, and even moreso Groves. That's more than 2 years ago.

18. mexican wedding shirt

Sure, he could have done, but why would he? Andre Ward has been a big name since Super 6, and Ward's name on his resumé would be huge - a career defining win. That would have been worth moving up for, and IMO he should have done.

Jack or DeGale? GTFO :D A win over either of those 2 wouldn't mean much, and the fight itself would attract much fanfare. There's no way it would be worth moving up from your career weight, risk making it harder to make weight in future, for a win over a completely average and forgettable fighter at world level like those. Would have been completely pointless.

But again, would have been worth the risk to fight Ward imo.

19. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Triple G is overrated on this forum, but it doesn't take away that he is an excellent fighter.

That said, no way, no how is he beating Roy Jones.

20. Jesus of montreal

Jack probably would have beaten ggg

21. mexican wedding shirt

You gotta be kidding :D

Jack fought on even terms with Groves, Boot, and DeGale. They are all total scrubs compared to Golovkin. And Cleverly is basically a European level fighter, beating him means nothing.

Golovkin is several levels above Jack, and would have beaten him clearly, despite the size difference.

22. Xplosive

Yeah, beating Nathan Cleverly isn't exactly much of an accomplishment in 2017.

Fonfara beat the Hell outta Cleverly 2 years ago.

23. Jesus of montreal

Even term?? He won very clearly against all of them. The scorecards were atrocious. And all of these guys are as good as the Jacobs of this world. With whom GGG struggled with.

But at the end of the day, it's pretty much the story of GGG carreer. Coulda, woulda, shoulda

24. mexican wedding shirt

Even if he won, they were all close fights. Jack is clearly in the same sort of league as those 3. Which tbh, isn't that good at world level, and certainly not elite.

And no, none of them are as good as Jacobs. Jacobs would beat all 3 of them more clearly than Jack did.

I can't believe on the one hand you think not being able to dominate Jacobs and Canelo is a big knock on GGG and means he's overrated, yet on the other hand you rate Jack and think it's absolutely fine that Jack struggled with guys like DeGale/Boot/Groves who are clearly nowhere near as good as Jacobs and Canelo :D

25. Jesus of montreal

Imagine that, Mousasi just won a MMA fight while having his orbital bone fractured in the first round. Who ever thought i was possible to even continue fighting, never mind winning, with such a life threatening injury???

26. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Cagefighting is not boxing, first of all

More importantly, cagefighting is awful

27. Jesus of montreal

it's true that it never happened in boxing

28. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    How'd the cagefighter come back? Did he win on the ground? If so you've got your answer right there ... for a boxer, where all you've got are your hands, a busted orbital bone is a terrible injury

29. Jesus of montreal

Of course it's a bad injury to have, but it's far from the death sentence that some GGG groupies claims it is.

30. Double L

Double L Book Reader

I don't think its any particular camp making a deal out of it. But it is a serious injury that always results in a stoppage because it is life threatening.