Héctor Camacho v Floyd Mayweather Jr

Discussion in 'Mythical Matchups' started by Rich ´Money´ Mustard, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

hmmm..... we're gettting somewhere now. You seem to admit that he has all of the boxes ticked when it comes to ability. That in itself should tell you something.

Now..in addition to that he retired undefeated having reigned as a champion for about 2 decades, through 5 weight classes and 49 fights with more consecutive wins in title fights than any other fighter in history.

So please tell me why he isn't in the top 10. Let's see if you can workout how you're going to explain yourself [popcorn back at ya]

2. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

I dont have to.
    All I need to do is refer you back to the endless threads (many of which you start) comprising of a tenuous link that usually manifests itself to once again, attempt to get other posters to agree with you that Floyd Mayweather is the greatest fighter of alltime.

There was one just recently in fact....lets see if I can find it...

http://fightbeat.com/forums/showthread.php?56009-Ahhh-it-has-begun-the-stupidity-of-casual-fans

3. Destruction and Mayhem

Somehow I knew your response would be a non response. You talk a lot of shit but when I corner you...you bail. You can't handle the intelligence of the Sly One.

4. Jeffy

Jeffy Undisputed Champion

Epic Fail

5. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Wondered when one of the Forum's biggest cunts would turn up.

6. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

You haven't cornered or proved shit in ant of your Mayweather threads.

You're an embarrassment.

7. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Sly is a caricature at this point. Back in the S/O days he actually came across as a boxing fan FIRST, Mayweather groupie second. But at some point, I guess around the mid 2000's... he simply devolved into a Floyd cheerleader who follows boxing to pass the time and use as an excuse to further push his Mayweather propaganda.

8. Destruction and Mayhem

This Mayweather propaganda was started by some fool and then adopted by you...because you're not original. You're a follower.

I'm still and always a boxing fan first...it's just that you can't handle it when I defend Floyd

9. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

I didn't adopt shit, because up until around circa 2009, I was still the second biggest Floyd fan on this forum behind you.

You probably forgot that. For a damn near a DECADE I was the second biggest Floyd fan on here behind you.

A lot of shit from Floyd eventually turned me off, then his groupies began to turn me off even more.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  10. Destruction and Mayhem

I can see past Floyd's out of the ring antics and shrewd negotiating tactics and just evaluate the fighter himself. You can't. The fact is Xplosive...I'll give you credit for being able to identify boxing talent since you've been a fan for so long...and therefore I know that although you won't admit it publicly ( for fear of being a pariah) you know that you can't name more than a handful of fighters that have a better combination of Floyd's abilities.

Even guys like jones and Hopkins and Mosley would agree with me that this guy is a rare breed. Consider this list of abilities that mayweather ranks high in:

1. Chin
    2. Recovery
    3. Stamina
    4. Footwork
    5. Reflexes
    6. Adaptability
    7. Overall defence (using the ring, upper body movement, blocking)
    8. Accuracy of punch
    9. Timing
    10.Hand speed
    11.Power...decent enough to keep opponents honest
    12.counterpunching
    13.controlling distance
    14.balance

I mean...if you were training a fighter and wanted them to excel in all these attributes, with the only exception of raw power, you'd want them to be like Mayweather. The dude had it all whether we hate him or not.

Also he accomplished FAR MORE than people currently give him credit for. If he had that equivalent resume in an era before the 90s, with those proven abilities...most people would be labelling him as the goat.

He is merely a victim of his contemporary status.

11. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Mayweather would be too good for Camacho, who himself was an excellent fighter in his short prime.

12. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Another three pages wasted :bears:

13. Erratic

Erratic "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Professional Bum
    Home Page:
    I don't think anyone has an easy time with Camacho at 130-135. I mean, he'd be reasonably competitive with just about anyone.

His tendency to go into a defensive shell would hurt him.