Hopkins: Pavlik is great, but I don't think he's a Felix Trinidad and I beat him!

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Hex-One, Aug 30, 2008.

1. MassaCure

MassaCure Undisputed Champion

whats that mean, i picked him to ko taylor as well, and i still think hes not a great fighter.

2. IMDAZED

IMDAZED Undisputed Champion

Hopkins sounds a little delusional there but I applaud his willingness to fight the best, even as an old man. Good for him. I'm hoping maybe Jones for the finale and then he should hang em up. I never was a true fan but he has my utmost respect.

That said, I sure hope he knows what he's doing. Yeah, Pavlik's gonna miss a lot of shots but if Hops is gassed in the latter rounds he's going to sleep. Will Pavlik be better at 170? I don't know and I don't know how his face will react to Hopkins' pinpoint counters. He could get busted up. Still, it's a great fight. Not PPV-worthy though.

3. Free Ike

Free Ike WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

None
    You know what. You are right. I change my pick. Hopkins will quit by throwing Kelly out of the ring. Bernard thE Cockroach Hopkins will find a way out without getting ktfo.

4. LOK

LOK I'll eat your asshole alive

remember I picked Hops to drop Calzaga 5 times and stop him in embarassing fashion

I am picking Pavlik to STOP Bernard in around the 10-11th round.. That's how much I think of Pavlik

5. Free Ike

None
    You may have just ended Pavlik's career. Please pick Hopkins.

6. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

:atu:

7. Hex-One

Hex-One "Twinkle Toes" McJack

None of your business
    :lol:

8. Joe King

Joe King WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Player
    :laughing:

9. LOK

LOK I'll eat your asshole alive

nice try ikey boy but i have been dead on lately while you chose Cotto to whup marg:lol: how did it feel when your mental Jerkoff fantasi Cotto got rocked and stopped?

10. Joe King

Joe King WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Player
    Well, if you're right, Hopkins will have really been beaten by a "white boy".

11. Free Ike

None
    WTF are you talking about. I don't care if you pick 10 fights in a row. Your prediction accuracy is less that 10%. To put that in perspective, you could give 2 chimps some Johnny Walker Green and have them pick figters randomly and they would score somewhere around 33% or near chance. You and Double L are amazing in a very bad way. :laughing::laughing:

12. ChrisKen77

ChrisKen77 WBC Champion

Where does all this "Kelly Pavlik isn't very good" shit come from? Based on what? Yeah, he's not the hardest target to find & he keeps things very simple with an assortment of "basic - boxing 101" punches. But in the words of Iron Mike "He hits like a fuckin' mule kick" & has a good workrate. He's an above-average finisher & has what seems to be at least a decent chin. Marvin Hagler he's not, but I wouldn't say he's not very good.

With that said, this honky is gonna have his hands full with Hopkins. I like his willingness to fight whoever is placed in front of him, but damn Bernard can be a money killer. Pavlik's lack of pigment should get him some big-money paydays in the future, but they won't come right away after he gets "Hopkinsed." No matter how good your ass is, the mythical aura is sure to be gone after 12 hard-on-the-eyes rounds with Nard.

I'm pulling for Pavlik to win this fight for two reasons. One, to finally be the guy to definitively beat Hopkins & send him to the retirement home that is promotion. And two, go overseas & whip that Welsh slappers ass all over his homeland, making the heavy-handed middleweight "sexy" again...

13. bigdawg

bigdawg Undisputed Champion

P.O.
    I don't give a fuck Hopkins is muthafuken 43 years old. The dude is old as shit and fights old. I don't think B-Hop gets stopped but this is an easy victory for Pavlik. I'll Holla 5000

14. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

Yeah, I'm going on the assumption that Hopkins is finally old. I think I'm going with Pavlik big.