If Tim Sylvia is an elite striker...

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by steve_dave (old account), Mar 6, 2007.

1. LOK

LOK I'll eat your asshole alive

I'm kinda suprised that Lidell whupped him

it's funny, growing up around "boxing".. watching these UFC guys.. the stand up is terrible, Lidell looks horrible but he is one of the better strikers:nixweiss: I really thought Randy would take him down and beat him like he was his daddy

2. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Randy totally raped Liddell in the first fight and beat him into submission. The 2nd and 3rd fights saw Randy get tagged cleanly to the jaw with right hands and stopped.
    As for Liddell's striking, it's good for the octagon since he has to be wary of kicks to the legs and possible takedowns. So he sorta has to switch quickly from a striker stance to a wrestling stance in the blink of an eye when he's fighting grapplers. He got raped when he tried to strike with Rampage Jackson in Pride. Jackson blocked everything and smacked him all around the ring, outboxing Liddell completely. Can't wait for the rematch.

3. FourHooks

FourHooks Undisputed Champion

Fluffer
    Home Page:
    I've been pretty busy fucking a bunch of disease infested whores....I do miss you though my love

4. FourHooks

FourHooks Undisputed Champion

Fluffer
    Home Page:
    I've set it once, and I'll say it again...Randy outboxed the fuck out of Chuck in the first fight....Chucks redic power was the difference in the second and third fights

5. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

I'd say it's moreso Chuck smartening up and studying Couture. Showing him more respect basically. In both the 2nd and 3rd fights, Couture literally WALKED IN to Chuck's big right hands and both times was dropped and taken out. I'd also think Couture got overconfident and he probably believed in his 'boxing ability' a bit too much. The 2nd fight he was satisfied with boxing Chuck. The 3rd fight he attempted his bread and butter which was taking Chuck down. He wasn't too successful. Throughout the fight, he just stalked Chuck with flat footwork and standing squared with no movement or ability to slip. Not one of Couture's better performances, win or lose. I don't know if he could've even beaten Tim Sylvia that night seeing how flat and slow he looked.
    Chuck's good at keeping distance and zoning in. I don't know if he'll be able to sucker in Rampage Jackson that same way. Rampage is training his boxing with Jeremy Williams. Not a bad choice I think. Rampage's ability to slip and dodge punches in the first fight with Chuck was impressive. Chuck just couldn't land anything.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2007
  6. dsimon3387

dsimon3387 WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

dsimon writes:

I like that middle weight guy Joe Franklin? He moves nicely... he is one of the few guys to circle around properly with nice natural footwork.

I gathered he was in against a guy who wasn't much comp but good movement is good movement.

Whenever I see these ultimate fighting matches (I can catch all stations on my set up) I get bored because I don't see any good movement skills. Take the Hughes match... the guy knew what Hughes would do but couldn't circle to his side and catch him with an uppercut coming in?

Maybe like from the asses I am missing something? But alas I am sure my brothers would be more than happy to tell me what it is I am missing.:jester: