Is Canelo-Lara upon us?

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Xplosive, Apr 11, 2014.

1. blackrican

blackrican Leap-Amateur

truth is Lara struggled with Angulo hardly a beating the fuck out of , lucky the eye was a factor if not Lara probably dont see the finish . looked shit against Vanes looked shit against Molina

the more I see Lara the more his PWill performance looks like a fluke , hardly looks to me as a technician who shuts people down. Lara's 2 best fights came against guys who love to get low ( PWill gave up his height in every fight aside from Margarito that I can recall) Ginger dont fight like that . If Canelo puts his hands on Lara like he did Angulo no question he can stop him.

Only reason Trout has never been stopped is he doesnt believe in himself enough to mix it up , hardly any indication of Gingers power as mentioned above

2. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    lara administered a LOT of punishment on angulo. landed huge shots the entire fight. he took punishment himself but it doesnt discount the damage he put on angulo. angulo looked like a spent bullet against alvarez. didnt even open up with hard shots for much of the fight. his pressure was what got to lara. alvarez is not a pressure fighter. alvarez picks his shots and that wont work well against lara. he may land a few big ones to hurt lara occasionally but it wont be enough to win the fight on legitimate, fair scorecards.

3. blackrican

blackrican Leap-Amateur

I see Lara getting stopped score cards will be after thought.

so your thought is canelo beat angulo only because of what lara did to him in the ring? so only reason lara beat angulo is because of what kirkland did to him by your reasoning?

haha

4. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    i think angulo was paid off not to throw hard punches early on vs alvarez. i also think all the tough fights angulo has had caught up to him. lara, kirkland, even that last guy he fought before lara.

5. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Agreed 200%.

6. Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious WBC Champion

Canelo Alvarez is not upon me. Erislandy Lara is not upon me either.