Is D. Garcia looking to "RJJ" his title?

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Double L, Jul 4, 2014.

1. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Yeah, I agree... he easily dispatched the opponents so the criticism can only logically go so far

2. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

The problem with RJ reign, was that he didn't push to fight the good fighter who were around his weight class, and was happy to fight lower top 10 lhw. Fights against Jirov, Gomez and Hopkins would have done wonder for his career and resume, but he decided to take the path of least resistance. I was a RJ fan at the time, and even then, I was disappointed in his choice of opponents. It wasnt as shameful as calzaghe reign, but still, theres is no denying that the guy wasnt very interested in testing himself, and was happy to take the big money fighting limited opposition.

3. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Nah...

w/the Exception of MichalSHITski, Roy Fought EVERY Top 10 Lightheavy, for the Better Part of 10 Years...LITERALLY...You Can Question the TALENT Level of the Lightheavy's, but to Say Roy was "Happy to Fight Lower Top 10 LHW" ISN'T Accurate...

When was there EVER Any Interest in Roy vs. Gomez???...Roy-Jirov COULD Have Happened, but Since Roy Faced Ruiz Instead, Can You REALLY Accuse Roy of NOT "Testing Himself"???...Based on Jirov-Mesi, REED's Quite Certain Ruiz Would've WHIPPED Jirov...Point Being, Roy Fought & Beat a BIGGER Threat than Jirov Was, in Ruiz...

& Hopkins???...Dude Wanted a 50-50 Split w/Roy, Despite the FACT They'd Be Fighting for Roy's Lightheavy Title AND he Owned a WIN Over Bernard....Hopkins Didn't REALISTICALLY Want a Rematch w/Roy...

REED:nono:

4. Muzse

Muzse "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:

Have to disagree here...Hopkins didn't want a rematch until he was absolutely 100% certain he could win. That's why he didn't take the 40% which still would have been a career high payday for him at the time.

5. Double L

Double L Book Reader

Your bit about Ruiz this because Mesi/ Jirov is absolute incoherent bullshit.

6. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

I know I would have been interested in RJ vs Gomez. At least, it would have been a million times more interesting than seeing him fight the clinton Woods of this world. And, as Double posted before me, the A lost to B, so there was no need for RJ to fight him, is a lame excuse (not to say that i think Jirov would have beaten Roy, but I would have liked to know for sure).

RJ opposition is not that bad, but it's clear that he wasn't a guy who wanted to push himself. If you were happy with him fighting lower top 10 guys in a weak division (in a world where their is a million weight class, which dilute the talent pool), it's fine. But you have to understand that a lot of people are disappointed that he doesnt have more marquee name on his resume, and feel like he pretty much squandered years of his career

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  7. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Is it Also "Bullshit" PREDICTING WHOlio Gonzalez to BEAT Roy Jones, Only to Claim to Be "Facetious" when the Sheer ABSURDITY of that Prediction DEFECATES in your Mouth, After the Fact???...

John Ruiz Posed MORE of a Threat to Roy Jones than Vassily Jirov Did...John Ruiz Would've BEATEN Vassly Jirov...Not Sure What's Hard about Discerning That...

REED:shit #2:

8. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Roy Was a NATURAL Supermiddle Giving Away Size in EVERY Lightheavy Fight he Had...& for the Umpteenth Time, he LITERALLY Fought & Beat EVERY Top 10 Guy in his Division, Over a 5-7 Year Period, w/MichalSHITski Being THE ONLY Exception...

In Other Words, Roy Beat 2-10 IMPRESSIVELY...

Not Sure How or Why You Repeatedly Say he Only Faced "Lower Top 10 Guys", Because that's 100% INACCURATE, Dude...Griffin, Hill, Tarver & Harding were PERENNIAL Top 5 Lightheavy's of their Era...

Sure, Roy Could've Done MORE, but there ISN'T a Fighter that's Ever Existed, that Left NO Stones Unturned...As GREAT as DeLa's Resume is, there's Guys he DIDN'T Face...Ditto for Pacquiao...Ditto for Duran, Leonard, Hagler & Many Other Boxing Greats...

Roy Jones ISN'T Unique in that Instance...

REED:nono:

9. Wiser 1878

Wiser 1878 Bridgerweight Champion

Management/Health Care
    It says something about the division back then when Julio Gonzalez was a PAY-PER-VIEW opponent.

10. Double L

Double L Book Reader

I almost forgot.On top of everything else, RJJ was like David at 175, up against one Goliath after another. Yeah sure.

And actually, the Jirov I'm talking about is at 190 (where he was good). And while it's debate who wins at heavy between Ruiz and Jirov, it's 100% irrelevant.

One thing I like about RJJ as a commentator is that he's honest about his attitude that choosing easy opponents makes good business sense. But as a fighter, he made excuses and relied on smoke and mirrors. That was harder to stomach.

11. Double L

Double L Book Reader

By the logic of some, RJJ never should ' very faced Tarver in the first place since he'd already beaten Harding.

12. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    He shouldve made Tarver move up to cruiser

13. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Moving down to light heavy ruined him... I'll say so til the cows come home and I hated Jones, always rooted against him except when he hammered that fucking greaseball pazienza

14. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Are You DENYING Roy Jones was a NATURAL Supermiddle???...Since You Can't, Kindly Fuck Off w/Your BULLSHIT, Doub...

w/the Exception of the Montell Griffin Bouts, Roy Jones was Always SHORTER than his Lightheavy Foes...& Even Griffin was Noticeably THICKER than Roy...Roy Jones WAS NOT a True Lightheavy, PERIOD...He was Naturally SMALLER than the Likes of Ezzard Charles, Archie Moore & Matthew Saad Muhammad...CONSIDERABLY SMALLER than the Likes of Bob Foster, Michael Spinks, Virgil Hill & Others...Roy Jones WAS NOT a Lightheavyweight...

The Fact that You CAN'T Even Acknowledge the DISADVANTAGE Roy Faced @ 175 Speaks VOLUMES on How Much You LOATHE Him...What's Worse is, You DEFIANTLY Picked a Guy to BEAT Roy Jones; You FINALLY Found a Guy w/a Style to YOUR Liking, Who You Fancied BEATING Roy Jones...

Nonetheless, Instead of just ADMITTING Roy Jones Is/Was BETTER than You Can Stomach ADMITTING, You Instead Said You were Being "Facetious", After Roy BOUNCED 'Dat Ass Off the Canvas 3 Times, En Route to Winning EVERYfuckingROUND...

Yet & Still, You Speak as if Roy NEVER Fought Anybody...Does that Mean Your Pre-Fight Faith in Gonzalez was IDIOTIC???...Of Course Not, Because he Went On to Take MichalSHITski's "0" from Him, Didn't He???...

Simply Put, You're INfuckingCAPABLE of Giving Roy Jones Even a SLIVER of Credit, yet You CAN'T Keep his Name Out of your Boxing Thoughts...You Supposedly Created a Danny Garcia Thread, yet COULDN'T Resist Taking a Shot @ Roy Jones in the TITLE...PATHETIC...

There's NO Debate Who Wins btwn Jirov & Ruiz @ Heavy, Dude...Again, Have You SEEN Jirov vs. "Sloppy" Joe Mesi???...Ruiz OUTWEIGHED Roy by 33lbs, was Younger & Taller...The John Ruiz that Roy Jones Beat was MORE of a Threat to Roy, than Vassily Jirov EVER Was...

That's Only "Irrelevant" to a Poster INCAPABLE of Admitting when he's WRONG about a Fighter &/or Acknowledging a Dude Is/Was Actually BETTER than he's Given him Credit For...

YOU, in Other Words...

REED:blah:

15. Joe King

Joe King WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Player
    Love how people bring up Dariusz after he sat ringside to watch Roy KO Virgil Hill with a body shot and never thinks about fighting Roy again.

16. Double L

Double L Book Reader

What's wrong REED, you don't like the idea of applying the term "pulling a RJJ" to describe the practice in boxing of milking a T.V. contract at the expense of fans? And yet, that shoe fits so well regardless how you spin it.

17. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

RIP to gonzalez but the guy was a palooka and not among jones jr.'s top 15 victories.

18. Double L

Double L Book Reader

Wonder if Letter laugh would agree. :lol:

19. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Au Contraire,

It's Actually TOUCHING that WELL After his Shelf Life, Roy Jones is Still RELEVANT to a Segment of Boxing Fans...Haters like YOU Can't Help but to Have Roy on the Brain & When You Spew Bullshit, it Gives Roy Supporters like REED an Excuse to Set the Record Straight...

Thanks, Doub!!!...

REED:mj:

20. His_Royness

His_Royness "Twinkle Toes" McJack

That Salka dude isn't even in the top 15 of any sanctioning body. How is there a title on the line?

21. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

ok so now in addition to having a build up to garcia-peterson, a fairly shitty matchup that needs no buildup. now haymon is feeding fans broner vs emmanuel taylor with matthysse vs roberto ortiz on the undercard :red:

22. Wiser 1878

Wiser 1878 Bridgerweight Champion

Management/Health Care
    Showtime started off the year so promising and is now milking everything in the second half of the year. What a letdown. They still have a chance to get decent fights for Keith Thurman and Amir Khan. I say if they don'f fight each other, match one of them with Robert Guerrero or Bradley(if they can sign him). I also wouldn't mind seeing Quillin-Lemieux either.

23. Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious WBC Champion

Roy Jones, Jr. has a rap song titled "Ya'll must've forgot". "Ya'll" meaning, "you all".

24. His_Royness

His_Royness "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Ok not anymore...