Joanna vs Zhang

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by BOSS, Jan 29, 2020.

1. BOSS

BOSS TBD

2. BOSS

BOSS TBD

LMAO

3. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

When is this fight supposed to be? I haven’t heard anything about it.

4. BOSS

BOSS TBD

March 7th. Under jon Jones

5. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Do You Mean Adesanya-Romero???...

Jones Fights this Saturday Feb 8th and Valentina Shevchenko vs. Kaitlyn Chookagian is the Chick Bout on the Card...

REED:Hammer

6. BOSS

BOSS TBD

Ya my bad.

REEDsART likes this.
  7. BOSS

BOSS TBD

You watch women's mma reed?

8. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Not Religiously, but REED Usually Gives Them an Honest Viewing on a PPV Undercard...

Never Missed a Rousey Fight Once She Got to UFC, Gina Carano was Hot as Fuck and Could Fight a Bit (for Her Day), Ditto for Meisha Tate, Despite Her Wicked Witch of the West Looking Nose...

Haven't Missed an Amanda Nunes Fight Since She Took the Title from Meisha...Respect Holly Holm, Although Her Bouts CAN Be Boring @ Times...Sick and TIRED of Hearing How "Tough" Raquel Pennington is, How "Hard" She Hits and Then the Bitch REFUSES to Let her Hands Go on Fight Night...

Shevchenko's a Good Mix of Femininity and LEGIT Fighting Talent...

Your Girl Joanna was Fun to Watch and on Quite a Roll Until that Loss to Rose, Who Looked @ Least a FULL Weight Class Bigger, Being Honest...Haven't Seen Her Since, but Will Check Her Out This Weekend...

REED Has his Quirky Chick Faves that he 1st Saw on TUF as Well, Like JoAnne Calderwood and Roxanne Modafferi...They'll NEVER Be Champions But They're Likable Broads that are Easy to Root For...

REED:Hammer

BOSS likes this.
  9. lb 4 lb

Look at you two talking all cordial and shit. Almost brings a tear to the eye.

REEDsART and BOSS like this.
  10. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Fuck You AND employee...

REED:cheers:

BOSS and lb 4 lb like this.
  11. timmothysmith01

timmothysmith01 Leap-Amateur

Zhang is going to be a great champion

12. lb 4 lb

News flash: She already was a champion.

Double news flash: She wasn’t great.

13. lb 4 lb

In the main event of UFC 214 I just watched Amanda Lemos TKO Marina Rodriguez. I never thought much of Lemos, just another power punching striker with some solid jui-jitsu. Tonight she completely impressed me. She came out dodging nearly everything the higher favored Rodriguez threw at her and was countering very effectively.

It was a very low output first round for both fighters and Cormier even complained as much but after a couple minutes of that round I could tell Lemos was super sharp and was not only likely to win but have one of her most impressive performances. I was totally right as Lemos dominated the 2nd round, nearly getting a choke finish and then hurting Rodriguez in the third with a counter right hand to Rodriguez‘ temple that totally discombobulated her to the point she could barely defend herself, leading to the ref stepping in to save her from winging follow ups from Lemos.

In a similar theme on the prelim card; I was equally impressed watching Polyana Viana TKO Jinh Frey in 45 seconds. I never thought much of Polyana or either didn’t remember what she was capable of—as she actually has an outstanding stoppage record—but I’ll definitely remember and be looking forward to seeing her fight again. Jinh didn’t have the best record in the world (11-7) and Poly doesn’t look like a world beater yet, but for the level she’s on at the moment, it was an impressive performance and stoppage. You guys might remember Polyana as the beautiful Brazilian woman who became an internet sensation after she kicked the shit of some guy trying to rob her.

Speaking of beautiful Brazilians: My third impressive performance award goes to Julianna Pena for her excellent in-studio commentary work. Not only did she look like a natural at talking and commentating but she was able to explain the nuances and technical aspects of what was going on in the octagon. She’s also seriously easy on the eyes and has a face made for the camera. She’s the only reason I didn’t skip through the entire studio commentary.