Juanma Lopez' career over!

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Hex-One, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Hex-One

Hex-One "Twinkle Toes" McJack

None of your business

I agree. I re watched the fight and Lopez does have the talent. I not sure how much more he can improve with a good trainer, there is only so much someone can do. He is however very fun to watch because he is vulnerable with good power.

2. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Aggression is all good...but Juanma turns into a mindless slugger. He is skilled enough to jab and counter punch his way into decision victories or late KO. But he doesn't use the jab, is always off balance and squared up after throwing punches, and IS DUMB..DUMB. People bitch about Trinidad being a dumb fighter...but IMO he was doing the best with the skills given to him by the creator......JUANMA IMO is more skilled than what he is showing....

3. Hex-One

Hex-One "Twinkle Toes" McJack

None of your business
    Very well said.

4. LATIN KING

LATIN KING Undisputed Champion

carreer over? jaja! some of you act like a fighter can't redeem himself.

I did not watch Juanma's fight from the weekend but if he avenges Salido he is back on track.

dude needs to watch his weight though.

5. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Juanma still KO's Gamboa....:Chainsaw:

6. LATIN KING

LATIN KING Undisputed Champion

that fight is still a toss up to me. Both guys are inconsistant. They can look great and dominant in one fight and stink out the joint on the next one.

7. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

I doubt have much faith left on Juanma punching power...but I think he still catches Gamboa at the end of a right hook turn his lights out...

8. Jake

Jake WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    Yeah was gonna say this is a fight where you can't just go by the line result. He just looked so lethargic and I'm convinced he can't even spell defense, much less practice it.

He blamed the Salido loss on distractions (getting divorced, not properly training, etc), but looked terrible here. He was just fortunate that Oliver has already grown accustomed to the opponent role - that and the fact that he has no power.

Please oh please, make Gamboa-JML in 2012. Or better yet, Donaire-JML.

9. Jake

Home Page:
    Gamboa looks inconsistent but still wins his fights with miles to spare. I don't see him going life and death with present day version of Rafael Marquez the way JuanMa did last year, at least through the first half of the fight.

I personally think (and have always thought) that Gamboa-JuanMa is a train wreck heavily in Gamboa's favor. Given that the matchup has taken this long to happen and still not any closer, fairily convinced that Arum/Top Rank see it the same way.

10. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

Juanma doesn't have to be good, he just has to be fun.

11. Jake

Home Page:
    Problem is, no guarantee at all that he avenges Salido loss. In fact, a lot of people saw the first fight coming (meaning, they called it in advance, not the Emanuel Steward "it happened exactly as I thought it would" prediction).