Kell Brook v Errol Spence Jr

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Rich ´Money´ Mustard, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    I'd think of it more than booing spence than booing a country - it's daft having anthems in that sort of atmosphere

2. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Who knows? But I do know he would have gotten beaten up regardless. The fact that Golov swelled him up so easily means he likely always had a propensity to swell.

And of you get hit accurately in the eye with the kind of accurate, hard jab Spence has, A LOT of guys are gonna badly swell. Spence doesn't have Trinidad knock you unconscious power. He has bust you up, beat you up type of power.

If anything, the BODY ATTACK wore Brook down more than the eye.

Stop taking away from Spence's performance. He wore Brook down and made him wilt. He's the better fighter.... Brook didn't try to take away from his victory, nor did Brook's team.

3. Jimmy

Jimmy The Greatest of Are Times

Not the anthems but the tribute to the Manchester victims. Agreed though about playing the anthems.

4. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

That's not the point. Thurman is the chanp
    exactly!

5. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    So basically, the GGG fight took nothing out of Brook. It put something into him. Titanium Plates.

6. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Thurman is fucking crap. Crap crap crap.

7. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    Did folk shout through that? Ooft, bad eggs

trewerne likes this.
  8. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    Nobodys taking away from anything, but it is what it is

9. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    What happened was that the Mob, now conditioned to "applauding" or "singing" or listening to some cunt read a poem or sing a song in the aftermath of everytime little bodies get torn asunder............didn't know what to do when Buffer asked them to pause for a minutes silence.

Some of them started to clap, others started to sing...........others played with their phones or marveled at the immaculate shine they had got onto their Ben Sherman shoes......as Buffer repeated his request for a minutes silence.

Eventually, SKY turned the volume down so that plebs watching the broadcast could witness the minutes silence, impeccably observed.

Fucking Modern Britain.

10. Bordon

Bordon Undisputed Champion

Like I said, Brook didn't suddenly fade for no apparent reason like a guy struggling with weight, he faded exactly when you would logically expect him to given the way the fight was going, and he didn't pass out from exhaustion, he just couldn't keep Spence off of him. His eye didn't seem to puff up in its own out of nowhere, he was taking clean punches from a heavy handed guy. Brook actually looked great. I don't see anything that needs extra explanation... or excuses for your fellow Brit.

11. Xplosive

Spence killed Brook's body. That's the main reason he faded. Spence has a good argument for best current body puncher in the game. Few top fighters commit to the body the way he does.

12. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
  13. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

agreed. The hate Thurman is getting is ridiculous. It has now gotten to such an absurd level that some are calling him a ducker, despite him fighting 2 of the best welters in his last 2 fights

14. Jesus of montreal

did the fractured eye socket he sustained against GGG had any impact on the fight? No. The funniest part is that you don't even realise how everytime you think you have a point, it only shows to all how much of an idiot you are

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  15. Jesus of montreal

you know it's getting bad when some are trying to claim that the GGG ''beating'' (lol) had an impact on this fight. Even if the injury was on the other eye. But then, I've come to realise that most persons like to build a little narrative, and cling to it no matter how much it is contradicted by facts.

16. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Brook evidently has a predisposition to facial injuries, the same way some boxers have a predisposition to cuts or swellings.

Nobody should be putting Spence in the same bracket as Golovkin when it comes to heavy-handedness.

17. KaukipRrr

KaukipRrr "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Sinn Porter metastatics them alls'ah, apart from our Jeff, our Jeff, our Jeff has some of the best corporate backing Austraya can offer, Fox Sports, The Daily Telegraph, Adani Coal, all four banks, Harvey Norman, Tab, Santos csg, Serco private security,....unstoppable mate. :emoji_deer:

18. Destruction and Mayhem

Yup. A great many of these "boxing fans", hate on fighters simply because they don't like their style of fighting.

19. Xplosive

Who the Hell said that Spence is as heavy handed as Golov?

No one did.

But a hard, sharp, accurate jab that's landing consistently will swell virtually anyone's eye.

20. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    for as minor as these injuries allegedly are i hear a lot of people questioning whether brook should retire or not.

not really sure how anyone can consider it a minor thing when you sustain injuries that require surgery and implanting metal in ones face.

i guess we are not all medical professionals like yourself

21. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Kell Brook did not quit, but now he must ask if enough is enough?

22. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

I just don't think Thurman is all that good. He's decent at best. And he didn't really impress against either Porter or Garcia. He's a made champion. Became WBA champ when Mayweather vacated and beat Garcia who also fought for the vacant WBC belt. Thurman is an overachiever.

I doubt he'd be a champion had he crossed the pond to go face Brook for the title a few years ago.

23. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

REED Has No Problem w/Fans Considering Keith Thurman THE Champ @ '47, but There's a Statute of Limitations on That Shit...

Sooooo, it's DOUBTFUL he Fights the Remainder of 2017 and Upon Returning he'll Obviously Want a Soft Touch or 2...EARLIEST Spence-Thurman Would Likely Happen is Late 2018...

Can Thurman STILL Be Considered "The Man" @ the Weight, if he Still HASN'T Faced Spence by Late 2018???...For What it's Worth, If/When They Fight, Spence Disposes of Thurman MUCH Easier than he Did Brook...

REED:cool:

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  24. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

agREED with Those Attributing Spence's Win to the PACE he Set, the UNRELENTING Body Attack and the MENTAL Pressure he Applied to Brook...

w/Or w/Out the Fracturing of his Other Orbital Bone, the Sand was QUICKLY Dissipating from Brook's Hour Glass...After Biting Down 1 Final Time in the 10th, Brook was DONE...

Errol Spence Defeated his Mind, Body AND Spirit...In Brook's Hometown, No Less...

25. Xplosive

THANK YOU!

We both said this PRIOR to Sat night.

Brook was Spence's BIGGEST threat at 147.

26. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

No Doubt...

Brook's a LOT More Solid than Thurman, Fundamentally, and Quite a Bit BIGGER...Brook was an Inch or So SHORTER than Spence, but his Body was Considerably THICKER on Fight Night...

Thurman DOESN'T Integrate Offense and Defense as Well as Brook, Isn't as Adept @ Feinting and Generates Power on LOOPING Shots, Which Spence Would Catch on his High, Peekaboo Guard...Brook Had Enough Wherewithal to Exploit Openings for Uppercuts, but Thurman Won't Be Able to Do That...

And if Collazo Could HURT Thurman to the Body, Spence MOIDERS Him There...It's Not Hard Imaging Thurman on the Ground, Spitting his Mouf' Piece Out, Writing in Pain on the Canvas, Courtesy of Spence's Body Attack...

REED 1nce Referred to Spence-Brook as a 60-40, 55-45 Fight...Spence-Thurman is a 70-30, 75-25 Fight...

27. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

The casuals everywhere make me laugh with their comments "Thurman is too smart for Spence." "After seeing what Brook did, Thurman no doubt destroys him."

They'll continue to say this as Thurman continue to stall the fight. I see Thurman rematching Porter or Garcia before facing Spence. He'll also try to get Pac in the ring but I doubt it happens.

28. Xplosive

I knew for certain after the Louie Collazo fight that Thurman would get fucked up by Spence.

29. Xplosive

REED, the PROBLEM with Thurman waiting longer is that time strongly favors SPENCE. Spence is the one who's JUST entering his prime. Thurman's been in his prime for several years now, and is a year OLDER than Spence.

Thurman's also the one who RELIES on athleticism to win. Spence's style isn't as dependent on athleticism, because unlike Thurman, he has REAL skill.

The longer Thurman waits, the older he'll be, and the odds favor Spence even more.

30. Destruction and Mayhem

If Thurman fights Pacquiao next...that's still a good fight for him. Pacquiao aint done yet. But if he fights anyone else...he's wasting time.