Kell Brook v Errol Spence Jr

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Rich ´Money´ Mustard, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Double L

Double L Book Reader

What's the difference? Other than that he is no longer undefeated so you can't fantasize that he is 10 times better than he actually is?

2. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

yep. `Sly statement is absolutely nonsenstical

3. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

What's the difference? Interesting question.

Consider....

Let's go back to 1990 and the proposed Superfight between Taylor and JCC. Let us supposed that Taylor decided not to wait for JCC but instead to move up to 154 to fight Terry Norris first. Norris would have fucked him up (as he did indeed a few years later for real) and then Taylor may have gone back down to 140 to face Chavez. Are you telling to tell me...double L...that the Chavez Taylor fight would have had the same excitement post a Norris fucking up? Two things: Taylor would now be perceived to be more vulnerable after taking that beating...making it less significant...and a Chavez victory would have been tainted as people may say that Taylor was already diminished from having been destroyed at the higher weight and then coming back down.

Would have been a different spectacle and this fight is also a different spectacle now post GGG. Disagree if you wish, that's fine, but such is my position.

4. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    i agree with the snooty canuck. there is no telling what type of damage brook took vs golovkin. his face was broken. then the fluctuation in weight is never a good thing. if the fight took place previously it would be more of a pickum

5. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

There's no version of Kell Brook that I've seen that I'd actually FAVOR over Spence. Even pre-Golovkin, my prediction would be a Spence stoppage.

6. Jimmy

Jimmy The Greatest of Are Times

Getting closer to this one. Cannot wait. If Brook has no health and weight concerns and is feeling 100%, he gives Spence some problems. But I just think that the GGG fight has taken something out of him and he's not quite at the peak of his powers, whereas Spence is.

7. Jesus of montreal

yet another case of :'' a fighter is ruined cause he took a few punches to the face''.

8. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Well suffering an orbital bone fracture is a bit more than just a "few punches to the face."

But be that as it may, I fully expect Brook to TEST Spence and be competitive with him. In all fairness, Spence has never faced anyone at this level and Brook has a good jab, powerful right hand, and throws his punches with good speed and timing. We should learn something about the chin of Errol Spence in this fight.

I just feel that Spence is the truth, no pun intended. He's the real deal. He has the all around skill and toughness to win this fight. By the mid rounds, I expect him to have Brook on the back foot as he closes the distance and gets his rhythm with the body punches. Sometime late, I think Brook will get badly hurt and I see Spence forcing the stoppage.

Will be a good fight.

9. Jesus of montreal

An orbital bone fracture is not that big of a deal, Sounds a lot worse than it actually is

10. KaukipRrr

KaukipRrr "Twinkle Toes" McJack

I want Brook to save Errol Spence for our Jeff, and I think he will.

11. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

Correct me if I'm wrong...but isn't the Orbital Bone the scientific Term for "Eye Socket"? If so, that is a big deal homie.

12. Jesus of montreal

Not really. An eye socket fracture is most of the time not that big of a deal, especially if its only a slight one. . Obviously, not all fractures are created equal, and some of them can have long term effect, but it is obvious that Kell fracture was only a very slight one. He barely had any swelling

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  13. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Spence would kick Brook's ass with or without the Golov fight.

14. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

there you have it folks. the low down from Jesus of Mongrel, M.D.

15. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

Taylor suffered an orbital-b
    Taylor gor his orbital-bone / eye-socket broken in that fight also?

Never the same fighter after either....

16. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

Taylor gor his orbital-bone / eye-socket broken in that fight also?

Never the same fighter after that, either....'ruined'.

17. Jimmy

If Spence is going to be the next superstar of boxing, he's going to have to beat Brook in devastating fashion. If it's close, there will obviously be doubters.

18. Jimmy

To the above. Do you agree or disagree? Would you prefer Spence takes Brook out later after outboxing and outsmarting him throughout the fight?

19. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

If Spence Disposes of Brook "Early Doors", the Naysayers will Attribute it to the WEIGHT CUT and/or Residual Damage from the Triple G Bout...Hard to Impress Boxing Fans will REMAIN As Such...

Typically, Spence Uses the 1st as a Recognizance Round, so in a PERFECT Scenario, he Shakes Off a Shot or 2 w/No Fuss, Maybe Even LOSES the Opening Stanza, Giving the Home Crowd Something to CHEER About, Only to DOMINATE from Round 2 Onwards...

It's Better for Spence if Brook LOOKS Like he Customarily Does, Initially, w/Spence Weathering Any Slight Adversity, Stopping Brook by the 6th-7th, or So...

REED:cool:

20. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Amir Khan Offered Up his Gym for Team Spence's Final Days of Preparation...

They Were HOPING to Keep This Secret, Fearing Backlash Against Khan, for Assisting an American Against his British Rival, Brook...But REED's Seen this Mentioned On a Site or 2 Already, So Fuck It...

REED:cool:

21. puerto rock

The way Khan shamelessly ducked and avoided Brook was just UNBECOMING of a fighter, to me.

Career high payday, a world title on the line, in front of a packed house, against your BITTER rival...

Absolutely NO EXCUSE to not have taken that fight unless you knew deep down in your heart, that you just couldn't beat Brook. He had lost credibility before that, but when he turned down that fight, he should have CEASED to be taken as a serious fighter from then on.

Act of pure cowardice, on the same level if not worse than Bowe refusing to fight Lewis back in 92.

22. meetthefeebles

meetthefeebles Drunken Geordie Bastard

Looking forward to Kell take another beating.

MTF

23. meetthefeebles

meetthefeebles Drunken Geordie Bastard

I won't retread old ground, but Khan, for all his faults, regularly took on tough challenges. He often lost when he did, but he built a pretty solid resume for a guy with no chin.

He hates Brook. Absolutely detests him. Khan has made a fortune from boxing, literally tens of millions of quid for not being all that good. He did it by taking tough fights and getting laid out on a few occasions. He knows that Brook has earned a pittance by comparison and equally knows that Brook would make more from a fight with him than in every other fight he's had combined. Khan could afford financially not to make the fight. Brook couldn't. It was him telling Brook 'to fuck off' in a way he knew would hurt him enormously.

He could, and probably should, have bitten the bullet and taken the fight. But his reasons were personal, not financial or because he was 'frightened' IMO.

MTF

24. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

i heard brook made 5 million for the golovkin fight. who knows tho

brook looks in great shape. shouldnt be any excuses unless he gets hit a few times and his face falls apart from the previous fight.

clearly if brook is unable to hurt/get spence's respect early he has no chance to win. i cant picture a scenario where brook is unable to hurt spence yet still manages to outbox him and win a decision.

25. puerto rock

I actually agree with you there.

My feeling on it is though, that is this not similar to De La Hoya-Vargas?? I was never an Oscar fan for obvious reasons, but even he fought his bitter rival.

And we all know that Mayweather and Pacquiao didn't want to fight Khan either, and we've heard whine non-stop on social media because of it.

I just feel Khan proved to be a weasel with hai behavior.

26. puerto rock

LMAO at Spence telling Brook "Talkin that chocolate brownie mess."

27. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

Seriously though, that fucking voice man :D

28. KaukipRrr

KaukipRrr "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Choice song to promote an 'epic showdown' eh.

29. Jesus of montreal

This is the classic Hatton defense for not fighting Witter. Never bought it and I'm not buying it with Khan either. If Khan (and Hatton) really hated these guys and wanted to hurt them, nothing would have been worse than giving them a asswhooping in front of tens of thousands of persons.

And this is coming from a guy who usually defends Khan

30. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER