NBA 2013-2014...

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame/Shame' started by REEDsART, Oct 1, 2013.

1. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

But that's the Thing....

Wade was BS'ing in the PLAYOFFS Too...The Heat TRAILED in their Series vs. the Pacers & Spurs, Remember???...Why???...Because Wade was Pulling his "Hurt" Act During the Early Portions of Both Series, Only to "Resurrect" & Play VintageISH Basketball, When it was All Said & Done...

Personally, REED Couldn't Care Less about the Regular Season Anymore...After the 1st 10-20 or So Games, 1nce the EXCITEMENT of a NEW Basketball Year has Worn Off, REED's Interest Wanes a Bit...It Picks Up for SINGULAR Games, Here or There, but it's Not Back in Full Force Until the Playoffs Begin....

As Such, REED Isn't Tripping on what DWade Does in the Regular Season...Wade Needs to Bring it on a CONSISTENT Basis, in the Playoffs...

Durant has DARED DWade to "Show Me" You're Still Top 10 Worthy...In Today's Friendly NBA Climate, w/Guys Toooo CHICKENSHIT to Enter a Fucking DUNK CONTEST, for Fear of Losing, it Says ALOT that Laid Back, Unassuming Kevin Durant CALLS OUT DWade...

There's CONTEMPT There, a Transparent LACK of Respect There, that You're just Unwilling to Accept...If Durant BELIEVED Wade was Genuinely as HURT as he Says, Wade WOULDN'T Have Been Put on Blast like that, Publicly...

REED

2. Haymaker

Haymaker WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

I'm glad you see through Wade's bullshit act. Very few people do. It's clear that he's hurt about Bron taking over. I found it very funny that when they won the championship he was celebrating his THREE championships with notable emphasis as if saying that he still has something over LeBron. It's pathetic.

3. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    wade is unable to bring it on a consistent basis in the playoffs or regular season. he'll have days where his leg feels good and he can be more explosive here and there, but after the grind of a nba season he will need medication to be able to go full blast.

durant called wade out because its CLEAR the guy aint one of the 10 best players in the league at this point. if durant thought wade was GENUINELY hurt, why WOULDNT he call the list out as being bogus. some gimp ahead of his boy harden who is a legitimate star in his prime?

4. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Because TODAY's NBA Climate ISN'T Like that...

Instead of HEATED Rivals, There's a Multitude of Guys who are COOL w/1 Another, Even ON the Court...Kobe Bryant's 1 of the FEW Truly CUTTHROAT Players in the League, Since Jordan...Again, we're Talking about a League where Guys are AFRAID to Even Compete Against Each Other in the Dunk Contest...ELITE Players Simply Don't Talk Shit about Other Elite Players, in Today's NBA...

You Know it as Well as REED Does...

REED

5. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

41. Anthony Davis
    42. Ty Lawson
    43. Larry Sanders
    44. Al Jefferson
    45. Danilo Gallinari
    46. David Lee
    47. Damian Lillard
    48. Jrue Holiday
    49. Andrei Kirilenko
    50. Nikola Pekovic
    51. Nicolas Batum
    52. Greg Monroe
    53. DeMarcus Cousins
    54. Steve Nash
    55. Luol Deng
    56. Manu Ginobili
    57. Ryan Anderson
    58. Nene
    59. Joe Johnson
    60. Andrew Bynum

REED

6. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

so he doesnt like wade. big deal, it could be for a number of reasons. he thinks the guy is washed up, over rated, gay, whatever. everyone i speak to about basketball around here considers wade damaged goods. durant pointing out he isnt among the elite 10 doesnt prove anything.

7. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

this list to me shows that the league isnt very strong. looking at guys past the top 20 or so is not very impressive.

8. Muzse

Muzse "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    I don't care about guys getting along and/or working out together during the off-season. What pisses me off is the hopscotching to form a cliques to chase titles. That's the shit I hate. That friendship shit should get checked courtside.

I'm sick of dudes acting like high school girls looking to play with their BFF's.

Hint: LeBron Decision #2

I can understand if the guy is toward the end of their career and fell short during their primes ex. Clyde Drexler in Houston. But leaving in the prime of your career? I take issue with that.

9. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

drexler nutted it up to play big in the finals against orlando and win himself a ring. he was obviously sand bagging the rest of the season.

10. Muzse

Muzse "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Funny how Karl Malone and Charles Barkley did the same (Barkley going to the Rockets, Malone to the Lakers).

Gary Payton did it twice...he missed out with the Lakers but picked up a ring on the '96 Heat.

11. Haymaker

Haymaker WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Drexler was two seasons away from retirement.

12. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

so what? you and reed act like wade is this young, spry dude in his prime. he is way diminished physically from the guy who lead the heat to a ring against dallas.

13. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

REED Sees it just the Opposite...

Rajon Rondo, Paul George, Kawhi Leonard, DeMarcus Cousins & Damian Lillard AREN'T Even in the Top 20...The League is VERY Strong, in REED's Opinion...

REED

14. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

That was just 6 Years Ago, Neil...& Wade's just 31 Years Old...He's Not THAT Faaaaaaaar Removed from his Prime...You Make it Sound like he's a SHELL of his Former Self or Something...

REED

15. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Blake Griffin was BARELY Top 20 (19th to Be Exact)...Roy Hibbert WASN'T Top 20...Zach Randolph & John Wall WEREN'T Top 30...There's TONS of Talent in the NBA...

REED

16. SilentNight

SilentNight Undisputed Champion

The reality is Wade was mostly fine until the Chicago loss that broke the streak. He landed awkwardly on a jumper and that started the knee troubles for the rest of the season.

17. SilentNight

SilentNight Undisputed Champion

He's pretty clearly better than James Harden. He was better all year except for the last 3 weeks of the season. He'll likely play at a high level unless he gets injured again as well.

Tim Duncan is way too high and Derrick Rose is too low. Anything else really isn't that important.

18. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

brandon rios is jus t27 years old. in 4 years he will be 31

19. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

you back talkin hoops, tender love and care?

20. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

rondo is coming off a major injury, george should definitely be top 15 at this point. leonard is a terrific complimentary player but we'll see if he ever develops into a guy who can be a top option on a contender, or a guy who can create his own shot. cousins is a head case. i dont think that list makes the league look strong, considering some of the guys above these chaps are washed up, over rated or on their way out

21. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

So what? Some guys are more durable than others. Also lots of people (and I'm pretty sure you yourself) have been saying for years that DWade's style of basketball doesn't make for a long healthy basketball career. Now as those same predictions start to play out, people want to say he's faking it? Utterly ridiculous. The guy's knees are going bad just like lots of players do, he's had reported drainings, and correct me if I'm wrong but coming through when your team needs it is exactly what a winner is supposed to do. When your back is against the wall I'd think you'd suck up the pain a bit more wouldn't you? Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I disagree he's faking it.

Durant only made the top 10 claim, not because he thinks Wade is faking it or because he doesn't like Wade but because he just wanted to campaign for his buddy Harden being in the top 10. I'll tell you what, I love Durant but until either he or Harden gets a ring, he needs to STFU.

I also disagree with Neil that Wade ain't top 10 anymore. There were only 2 players in the NBA last season who scored at least 20 points on 50 plus percent shooting while averaging at least 5 rebounds and 5 assists. 1 was LBJ, the other was DWade. Wade is back working with Tim Grover and trying to get his weight down to take some pressure off his knees. Just watch, he'll quiet his doubters this season.

22. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

61. Ersan Illyasova
    62. Thaddeus Young
    63. Andre Drummond
    64. Rudy Gay
    65. Tyreke Evans
    66. Anderson Varejao
    67. Gordon Hayward
    68. Monta Ellis
    69. Omar Asik
    70. Jose Calderon
    71. Carlos Boozer
    72. Danny Granger
    73. Kevin Martin
    74. Tiago Splitter
    75. Kenneth Faried
    76. Jamal Crawford
    77. O.J. Mayo
    78. Jeff Teague
    79. George Hill
    80. Lou Williams

REED

23. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Blake Griffin was BARELY Top 20 (19th to Be Exact)...Roy Hibbert WASN'T Top 20...Zach Randolph & John Wall WEREN'T Top 30...Rudy Gay & Tyreke Evans WEREN'T Top 60...Danny Granger WASN'T Top 70...Kenneth Faried was 75th...

There's TONS of Talent in the NBA...It Boggles REED's Mind that You're Questioning the DEPTH of it...

REED

24. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

You've just Argued from BOTH Sides of the Coin...

If Wade's Knees are "Going Bad", How is Gonna "Quiet his Doubters this Season" ???...

You YOURSELF Insinuated Wade WASN'T Cool w/Giving Up his Spot as Miami's # 1 Guy & was Likely HOLDING BACK During the Playoffs Last Year, as a Result...Remember That???...Now, You're Acting Offended by the Suggestion???...

REED

25. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

DWade's the Brandon Rios of Basketball???...

REED

26. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Worst Alias EVA...

Next, he'll Refer to Rebounding as a "Meaningless Stat"...

REED

27. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

Well for one thing, he's had treatment and is supposed to be dropping some weight to take pressure off of them. His knees are in bad shape, but if they hold up I think he can still have a very good season. At the same time if the playoffs role around and his knees are acting up again, should anyone really be surprised after an 82 game season of pounding?

I don't recall saying that. I know there were points where I thought Wade was mentally shot but I'm pretty sure I never thought Wade was purposefully playing bad or pretending to be hurt when he wasn't. I did think him and LBJ were not as tight as before.

28. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

no but the point is age is a meaningless number in sports sometimes. the guy has mileage and isnt close to the same physically he was 6 years ago

29. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

81. Kyle Lowry
    82. J.J. Reddick
    83. J.R. Smith
    84. Amir Johnson
    85. Amar'e Stoudemire
    86. Vince Carter
    87. Derrick Favors
    88. Goran Dragic
    89. Klay Thompson
    90. Jimmy Butler
    91. Brandon Jennings
    92. Shawn Rubio
    93. Ricky Rubio
    94. Chandler Parsons
    95. Eric Bledsoe
    96. Danny Green
    97. Matt Barnes
    98. Kyle Korver
    99. Jarrett Jack
    100. Nikola Vucevic

REED

30. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

REED Frowned Upon the IDEA of Bron Doing it, Initially...But it's Obviously Worked Out for the Best, in his Case...

Granted, he LOST to the Mavs, Trying to Be a Glorified SIDEKICK, but 1nce Him, Wade, Riley & Spoelstra Came to an Understanding that it was Bron's Team, they've Won Titles Ever Since...

3 Finals, 2 Championships in 3 Years...Ain't Bad...

REED