NBA: 2015-2016 Season

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame/Shame' started by Anthony, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    Happy for Lebron, as he earned this title the hard way, even if he does whine just a little to much.

Disappointed, as the 73 Wins by the Warriors means very little at this point. It's a great accomplishment but not many people will ever rank them as one of the greatest teams ever. It's like the Patriots going 16-0. Without the Super Bowl it loses most of it's shine.

2. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Greatest team ever isn't one in the same when you consider post and reg season.

Best REGULAR season team of all time is either this years Warriors or the 96 Bulls.

But it's hard for me to envision any team beating the 01 Lakers in a series.

Kobe and Shaq were both SOOOOOOO ridiculously in God mode that playoffs, that I think even the Bulls get beaten.

3. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    Well yeah. Without any number of guys they wouldn't have made it this far. They seemed like a very deep team in the regular season, but with any one of their main cogs miss-firing or injured they lost a lot of their cohesion.

Cleveland vs. OKC would have been a very interesting series also.

4. Xplosive

Make no mistake, all things considered Warriors were still the best TEAM in the NBA this year. They're a better team than the Cavs.

Cavs won by virtue of Superman's cape getting tugged on, and Superman getting angry.

5. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    Don't blame Lebron because green can't keep his hands off dudes nuts. Had green not had a history of this, it wouldn't have been a suspension.

6. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Curry is 28 years old and only the last coup,e if yeas has he really shined. I'd say he played pretty vintage curry

7. Anthony

Motherfucker
    They would have choked again. That is what they do.

8. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Maybe without klay

9. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    Westbrook couldn't stay in front of irving at all when they were working out on the Olympic team

10. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    You really need to get off Klay's jock. :lol:

11. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

He ain't the guy I want taking a shot at the end of a game with his team down 1. He ain't even among the top 10 guys ever in that regard

12. Xplosive

I don't have much recollection on how Russ and Kyrie usually do head-to-head.

They have different attributes. Irving doesn't have anywhere Westbrook's speed and athleticism to blow past guys, and Westbrook doesn't have anywhere near Irving's handles to break guys down.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
  13. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

its exactly like that Patriots season. I was thinking the same thing.

14. Anthony

Motherfucker
    I cant stand his stupid haircut and bird nose. But to me is an all around better player than Curry. Check out the people had to guard in the playoffs.

15. Anthony

Motherfucker
    I agree with what you are saying. Lebron aint the killer type player. He wants his whole team involved and for things to flow smooth. Lebron might actually be a terrific coach one day, if he ever decided. Lebron seems to feed off his players doing well.

16. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

He's a better defender, mainly due to size. That's it.

Despite the size, Steph is still a much better rebounder. Also, Curry has been very good ever since he entered the league. He has improved nearly every year, but how you get he's only had a couple good years is beyond me.

17. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Look Jup. you have to stop putting words in my fingers. I am noticing it more and more and you need to cut that bullshit out. I never said he only had a couple of good years. I said his last couple of years, he has really shined. Big difference. I think Klay sometimes takes a backseat to Curry but he doesnt like it. I think he feels he can be the top guy and sometimes he shows this.

18. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

i wouldnt say curry is a much better rebounder. :lol: they play the small line up and he gets some boards because they all need to crash and do it by committee. he gets about 1 rebound more than thompson per game

golden state hides curry on the weakest perimeter threat on what ever team they are facing.

19. Xplosive

Curry will now go through the typical fall from grace process. He was perhaps overrated by a lot of us before, but trust me, now he's gonna become so hated and criticized that he'll become underrated.

He's the second best player in the league. He proved as much by out dueling the 3rd and 4th best players in KD and Westbrook.

Bron has officially cemented his legacy as the 2nd best wing who ever lived behind Jordan.

I'll always always be a bigger Kobe fan, and I enjoyed Kobe's game a lot more, but Lebron is clearly better/greater than Kobe.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
  20. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    Over the entirety of their careers is 1, lately it's been closer to two. At the positions they play, that is more then a negligible difference. Curry plays much better in space and without the ball then Thompson, who before this season showed very little aptitude in creating his own shots.

Golden State also switches up A LOT on defense, so they ain't exactly hiding Curry. I saw him way too many times in a total mismatch on Lebron in this series to think otherwise.

21. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

I think this was Curry's peak season. I don't think he'll be able to repeat it, and his body is not really built for longevity like Lebron. He will continue to have a few good years but he will not see another MVP and his body will slowly start to break down on him. Warriors do still have a great core around him and Klay and Draymond still may have not reached their ceilings. Barnes also, if they somehow retain him.

Warriors should be in the hunt for a bit, as long as they don't get the injury bug.

22. Xplosive

Ohh make NO mistake about it, this was Curry's apex season. REGULAR season anyway. I CAN envision him having better playoff runs.

His playoff run wasn't one for the ages, but I hope people don't forget that he had one of the 10 best regular seasons ever.

Curry will be an elite player for years to come. He's the best shooter the league's ever had. That's something he'll retain into his 30s.

The elite player who's not gonna age well is Westbrook. Westy's effectiveness is 95% based on his athletic gifts. Once they go, he'll become ordinary. He's not that skilled.

23. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Brons been doing this shit since he got out of highschool. He has always had the spotlight on him. I was at a party watching this game yesterday, where people actually thought curry was a fucking sophomore in the league cause they aint never heard of him. Dude is 28 years old.

24. Anthony

Motherfucker
    They are wrong for this.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4wXnw9xUD_A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

25. Xplosive

To be fair to Curry, his ascension didn't happen overnight. He ALWAYS good, just injury prone. He became very good in 2013. 2014 he officially became elite, then 2015 he became MVP level.

He didn't go from scrub to superstar overnight.

26. Anthony

Motherfucker
    I didnt say he did. My point is that the NBA pushed the narrative on this guy. Unanimous MVP? fuck out of here man. Inside NBA team creaming over themselves over some shit.

Bron should have won finals mvp last year. He arguably should have won MVP this year and when it comes to stepping when the ring is on the line this dude is the real MVP./

27. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

Bron is the best player in the NBA when push comes to shove, but Curry had the better season on the best team in the regular season. They're not going to just hand Lebron the trophy every year......he has to really want it, and push himself in the regular season to do that. He was smart in realizing he's getting older and saving himself for the Playoffs. At this point in his career the Finals trophy is more important then any regular season awards.

28. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Lebron worked his ass off in the regular season. They had the third best record and he is way more valuable to Cleveland than Curry was to Golden State

29. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

He may have, but he was smart enough to save himself from a lot of the wear and tear of the previous season. Particularly from last year when he reaaaaalllly had to carry the team without much help.

Curry had a statistically historic season on a statistically historic team. MVP voting wraps up before the Playoffs start, so that is not a factor. Whatever your definition of the word "valuable" will dictate how you would vote for an award like that. Your philosophy was definitely outnumbered by the people who cover basketball on a daily basis.....and by a unanimous margin apparently.

30. Anthony

Motherfucker
    I dont think lebron saved anything. I think he fought is heart out all season. and Valuable only has one definition. And you got a player like curry get injured for a few games and his team is still favored to win those games in the playoffs. That proves you aint as valuable as lebron, who if he got injured and missed games, his team would be out of the playoffs.