NBA: 2015-2016 Season

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame/Shame' started by Anthony, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

Well, again you were outnumbered in your philosophy by a lot.

Don't worry about Lebron, he will be fine.

2. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Lebron winning regular season MVP over Curry went out the window the minute the Dubs swept them in the regular season and Curry outplayed Lebron in both games.

All this shit is revisionist history. There should be NO ARGUMENT whatsoever for Curry winning MVP this year. It was the easiest MVP choice since 2000 when Shaq won it.

Just because Curry underperformed in the playoffs doesn't diminish what he did in the regular season.

This isn't like Rose winning in 2011, when they gave it to Rose just for being the the star player on the team with the best record.

Curry lead the Warriors to TWO regular season records that might never be broken, and did it on absurdly good offensive numbers. He RIGHTFULLY won MVP and any other choice would have been a crime.

Get off Lebron's dick. They aren't gonna hand him MVP every year just by showing up.

3. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    I have no problem with Curry winning. I have a problem with the unanimous voting.

4. Xplosive

When will people realize that MVP isn't about the being the best player in the league?

If it was, Jordan wins every MVP from 87-98, save for the retirement years, and Kobe wins it in 06 & 07.

5. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Actually that is what the MVP has become. It shouldnt be that. It should be about the player that brings the most value to the league. Clearly it's Lebron James.

6. Xplosive

I mean, I love Iverson to death and I'm glad he has his 01 MVP, but every damn body knows Shaq was by far the best player in the league in 01.

7. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Yeah, but you just said MVP aint about that. So which is it cause you confusing the fuck out of me.

8. Xplosive

Then Lebron isn't the only one being robbed.

Jordan should have countless MVP's. Shaq should have like 5.

Kobe definitely should have 3 in a row. He was easily the best player in the league in 06 and 07.

9. Anthony

Motherfucker
    meh

10. Xplosive

I mean it's more about the narrative in a lot of cases.

People are too hard on Iverson's MVP though. They call it the least deserving MVP, which is untrue. That Sixers team was nothing with AI. They had great D, but he was ALLLLLLLLLL their offense. The Bucks were more talented overall, but AI single handedly carried the Sixers past them to the finals.

Least deserving MVP's were Nash in 06 and Rose in 2011.

11. Xplosive

You're debating that Kobe wasn't the best player in the league for those two years? I'd love to hear that argument. Hate Kobe all you want, but in 06 and 07 he was definitely the best basketball player on the planet.

That all changed in 09 when Lebron officially became best in the league.

12. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 25m25 minutes ago
    Chip off block: 11-year old LeBron James Jr. already has standing scholarship offers from Duke and Kentucky, per @WindhorstESPN and @mcten.

ClatiMMUsAEpSIw.jpg

13. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

It's Funny Watching People STILL Looking for Reasons to HATE on LeBron James...

It All Started when he Left Cleveland, yet it Never Waned when he RETURNED to Cleveland, for Some Reason...If his OWN City Could Forgive Him, Upon his Return, Why Would Bron Haters CONTINUE To Harbor That Particular Grudge???...What OTHER Grudge IS There to Harbor Against Him???

Now he's Being Labeled a "Whiner" as if Nooooooooo Other NBA Players Whine???...Hell, EVERY All Star/Superstar/Elite Player "Whines" @ Some Point, Yet there's No Crybaby Memes or Signs @ THEIR Games...Moreso, All Bron Said was "He (Draymond) Called me a Name that I Didn't Appreciate. I'm a Family Man." How EXACTLY is that "Whining"???...

Nonetheless, Bron's Comments were Labeled as Such AND it was ASSumed He was the Reason Draymond Got Suspended...As if the Motherfucker Hadn't ALREADY Made a Habit of Using Opposing Players Testicles as a Fucking Speedbag...Green DESERVED to Be Suspended, Period...& Considering Cleveland Beat Golden State 3 Times w/Draymond ON the Court, there's Certainly NO Guarantee Golden State Automatically Wins Game 5, if Draymond was Suited Up...

LeBron James is a GENERATIONAL Talent...He's Been HEAVILY Hyped Since he was 14 Years of Age and the Motherfucking has Not Only Lived Up to It, but Arguably EXCEEDED the Hype...3 Rings, 6 CONSECUTIVE Finals Appearances and Dude has Another Couple Years @ his CURRENT Level of Play, Minimum...

LeBron James just LED his Team to an UNPRECEDENTED, Come from Behind Series WIN...No Team in Finals History has EVER Been Down 3-1, yet WON that Series...NO Player in Finals History has EVER Led Both Squads in Points, Rebounds, Assists, Steals AND Blocks, in the Same Series...

LeBron Keeps his Nose CLEAN Off the Court...Why the Man CONTINUES to Get Hated on is BEYOND REED's Realm of Comprehension...

REED:hammert:

14. Ugotabe Kidding

Ugotabe Kidding WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    It is a proof of his greatness, IMO.

A common phenomenon in sports is that when there is a new guy that enters the ATG discussions, he will be hated.

It seems that people don't want to challenge their lines of thought. The greats of their own youth must remain as superior.

In soccer, it has taken years for Messi to be accepted to the company of Maradona. Some still find excuse not to do that.

In tennis, it took years for Sampras to challenge Borg, then Federer was seen lesser to Pete.

LBJ is in the company of the very best, but some feel accepting that would somehow downgrade MJ, Kareem etc.

When all is said and done, Bron just might be right up there with MJ, competing for the #1 spot, but our generation won't accept that. The next one, however, might

15. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

:bears:

Love brung it in game 7 on the glass, but otherwise wasnt doing much at all when cleveland came back in games 5 and 6.

of course all of this would have been irrelevant if dumbass Ty Lue would have just given deladedova more minutes than that scrub irving so the cavaliers could have swept GS.

16. Anthony

Motherfucker
    What place is Dela in the top 100? if you had to guess.

17. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

I dont know if he's among the top 100, according to fightbeats resident ANALytic expert. it was actually the other least knowledgeable hoops poster who said delavedova should take irvings minutes

18. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Nah i thought i saw the resident NBA expert give a list and i thought Dela's name was on it.

19. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

delly might be among those other 15 or 20 arguable guys

20. Anthony

Motherfucker
    yeah i was just about to post my apologies. And then i saw Nikola Vucevic

__________________________________________________________:atu:

21. Erratic

Erratic "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Professional Bum
    Home Page:
    Boy I sure jumped the gun on saying LeBron was no longer the best in the world. Earlier was wondering if I was holding onto LeBron's spot at #1 too long as some thought he got surpassed by KD in 2013-14 and Curry in 2014-15. I had him #1 then and Curry #1 going into the finals, but ugh, Curry totally underperformed as the Warriors collapsed. LeBron has been the best since the 2008-09 season and is arguably the best and greatest player since Jordan. Again, I don't know if I can put him above the big guys like Shaq and Duncan (whom I think gets totally undervalued for stuff that doesn't go on the stat sheet), I have no real argument either way.

LeBron always gets compared to Jordan, but his style is more of a high-scoring Pippen. I still think Jordan was the better/greater player, and the main reason for that besides Jordan's pathological and completely unhealthy need to win at everything, is off-the-ball play. Jordan was brilliant off-the-ball, excelling in the triangle. LeBron is more ball-dominant and sometimes his teammates are reduced to guys who stand on the 3 point line. It still worked for LeBron and Irving this year, but I do think it's hurt in the past.

I already knew LeBron was great but I was pretty impressed by Irving.

If the Cavs stay healthy and don't get complacent, I expect them to be back in the finals again next year. The Leastern Conference has been pretty weak for the past 17 seasons. Warriors need to add a big guy to provide some rim protection and points in the paint. OKC is a serious threat next year, and of course the Spurs. Even though the big 3 is old, they've become more role players anyway and younger players have picked up the slack.

22. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

dont be fooled by this outlier series against a crippled curry

23. Andrew

Andrew "Twinkle Toes" McJack

This guy :lol: :lol: :lol:

24. Andrew

Andrew "Twinkle Toes" McJack

GTFOH with that bullshit. Green is an idiot and a repeat offender. He shouldve been suspended for the kick on Adams the series before.

As mentioned, if it was a one off thing he wouldnt of been suspended.

25. phonetap

phonetap Undisputed Champion

Home Page:
    Uhhh Brother X, the Cavs beat the Warriors 3 times with Green on the court so it was not a given. Next excuse...lol

26. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Is Richard Jefferson sweet?

27. SilentNight

SilentNight Undisputed Champion

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/06/20/report-warriors-interested-in-dirk-nowitzki/

28. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

Big ups to LBJ. After all the shit he's been through, all the haters hating. Even after dealing with this season where he had to watch as everyone started saying Stephon Curry is now the best he not only shuts that talk down while quieting the haters but he makes history while doing it and cementing his legacy as one of the best. I was never a big fan of LBJ but I respected what he could do and after this I am actually proud of him. He's definitely earned that chosen one tat he wears on his back and he deserves every accolade he gets.

29. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

for the new lakers coach

1281965686richard_cruise1.jpg

30. Anthony

Motherfucker
    This shit had me dying.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/h5XLOPymXq8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>