::::NBA:::: 2016-2017-2018 Season

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame/Shame' started by Anthony, Jun 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

The nostalgic in me feels like the mid 90s Rockets would have beaten this Dubs team. Hakeem was more dominant in the playoffs than Harden and Chris Fail combined. Warriors would have had ZERO answer for The Dream. And the mid 90s Rockets had much better role players than this current squad.

2. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

Oh, absolutely. Akeem would have destroyed them inside. P.J. Tucker was beating them up, imagine what Hakeem would have done.

I feel like Golden State played like shit in this series and got away with one. Houston was outworking them consistently, but they were losing their legs and their nerve in the 2nd half.

3. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    Those Houston teams were looooong to. They would have disrupted Golden State defensively.

4. Ugotabe Kidding

Ugotabe Kidding WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    Houston of '95 hadn't seen anything like the three-shooting and ball movement of GS though, I don't know if they could defend it at all. And this coming from a huge Olajuwon fan

5. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

Olajuwon could stay in the paint and block Curry's perimeter shots.

6. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    It's different games for sure, but I think those Houston teams had the athletes to adapt. Golden State would have to hit nearly every shot, because those Houston teams would outrebound the fuck out of them for the whole game...........not just the 1st halves like this Houston team did before they got winded.

It's an era thing. Maybe you put Houston directly into this era, they'd all foul out in the first half and Golden State would be too much for them..............but you put Golden State into the handchecking era...........and no way they see nearly as many clean shots.

7. Dog Jones

Dog Jones WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Watch after the Dubs win the title again, the Cavs somehow keep LeBron, and trade the BKN pick and some other trash to SA for Kawhi and we get Warriors-Cavs V: Way too damn many in a lifetime

8. Ugotabe Kidding

Home Page:
    I agree it is definitely an era thing. Changing one rule changes the game and forbidding hand checking frees the floor for more shots, as you said.

My point is, GS hasn't given up the post game necessarily because of incompetence or stupidity but because shooting threes works better, at least under these rules.

The same way Nat Fleisher might have been right in that Stanley Ketchell had more inside techniques than Ray Robinson, but he made an error in thinking that it would mean Ketchell's victory

9. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

Well I’m done watching games for this season. I’m not tuning in to watch the Cavs get blown out and swept from here on out.

Neil likes this.
  10. Xplosive

JR Stiff with the single daftest play in the history of basketball. What a fuckin tard.

11. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

He thought they were ahead!! Lol.

Dubs in 5. They simply have too much depth and Lebron will hand pick another team in the summer.

12. Erratic

Erratic "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Professional Bum
    Home Page:
    LMAO

LeBron scores 50 to keep the Cavs close and in position to win, and his teammate doesn’t even know the score at the end of regulation ‍♂️:emoji_joy:

Maybe weed does make you stupid.

puerto rock likes this.
  13. Ugotabe Kidding

Home Page:
    He, if someone, would deserve to do so. Nobody in the history has singlehandedly pulled crappy teams to finals as many times

14. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    JR Smith says he will be putting Game 2 of the 2018 NBA Finals behind him and just try to focus on the next game, Game 3.

Xplosive, lb 4 lb and Ugotabe Kidding like this.
  15. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Henceforth, This Will Be His Defining Moment.

REED:cool:

16. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

One of the Announcers Said GS “Survived” Tonight, Which is Accurate...

Problem Is, GS is Good Enough to Beat Cleveland in 5 on “Surviving” Alone, Based On How Both Teams Looked In Game 1.

4-5 Dudes Contribute EVERY Night for GS, Minimum, While Cleveland Can’t Get HALF of That Consistently.

How Many Players Have Dropped Fiddy PLUS In the Finals No Less, Yet LOST? Viva LeBron, Fuck LeBron Haters!

AND STILL The Best Player in the Game!

17. BOSS

BOSS TBD

u up? What's up reed

18. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

At the end of regulation Bron should have gone to the bench and tried to build Smith back up. He should have said something like, hey you messed up and people will be talking about it. But if you go out there knock down some shots, put up some points and we win in overtime, all will be forgotten.

You could see in the interview Smith had been crying. I feel sorry for him, that’s a tough brain fart but in reality it feels like he’s been in over his head a lot lately.

19. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

the look on james face when smith told him he thought they were up by 1 was priceless.

20. His_Royness

His_Royness "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Looks like he even widened the margin. Is this the best playoff performance by a Player ever, even in a losing effort?

21. Muzse

Muzse "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Chris Webber and Isaiah Thomas might have something to say about that.

Webber - Time out with no time outs

Thomas - inbound the ball with the lead, Bird steals then passes to Dennis Johnson

22. Muzse

Home Page:
    It is without question LeBron is the best player in the game. The post season he's taken his play level to a different stratosphere. With all years of USA basketball, the late post season play plus playing all 82 games this year in year 15...That "C" on his jersey might as well be a Superman logo.

The fact remains is, despite the numbers he still loses. It's like playing spades where you get set by one book. Your partner gets zero and you ALMOST make board. I don't feel sorry for LeBron and I don't play into the "he needs more help" argument. I DO strong support his thoughts if he wanted out because he has to do so much.

"However" he has gotten everything he asked for in Cleveland including getting David Blatt fired and his "boy" Ty Lue hired as coach.

He wanted Kevin Love and the $100 million contract it took to get him.

He wanted Tristan Thompson (who is with his sports management company) and the $90 million it took to keep him.

He wanted JR Smith (who is with his sports management company) and the $57 million it took to keep him. We saw how Smith repaid that favor last night.

He wanted to explore options for an Irving trade and when Kyrie found out he said fuck off and wanted out.

LeBron has the help he wanted and asked for so no excuses. He's the greatest player in the game and just like Jordan, he's suspect (at best) as a GM and talent scout. We found that out about Jordan after he finished playing, we're learning that about LeBron now.

If I'm Bron, I'm having one of my boys open back channel communications with Chris Paul and James Harden to see what's up in Houston.

23. Muzse

Home Page:
    Also...KD needs to send JR Smith and the refs several dozen roses today. KD was trash last night.

I didn't have an issue with the reversed charge call. I did have an issue with Bron stripping him clean (then getting a foul called) and George Hill stripping him clean (then getting a foul call).

I also didn't understand why Tristan Thompson was immediately ejected. I didn't see an offense there.

While LeBron did act like a little bitch...Draymond should have been assessed a flagrant 1 foul for basically poking Lebron in the eye. I have to believe that foul will be upgraded once the league takes another look at it.

24. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

Pretty sure it was irving asking for the trade and forcing it. Never heard anything regarding james pushing for it

Jordan proved he was suspect as a gm when he played. Remember when he pushed the Bulls to draft Dennis hopson?

25. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Has to Be On the Short List, For Sure...

Jordan Dropped 63 On the Bird-McHale-Parish Celtics, in their Building...But That was a 1st Round Playoff Matchup, Not the NBA Finals...

Of Those that Scored 50+ in the Finals, REED Seriously Doubts They Had 8 Boards and 8 Dimes to Go w/It.

26. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Yep, we've Seen a LOT of OKC-Durant in the 2018 Playoffs...

Can't Blame Westbrook This Time, Either...

27. Dog Jones

Dog Jones WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

28. His_Royness

His_Royness "Twinkle Toes" McJack

im talking whole post season not a single game... what about that??

29. Ugotabe Kidding

Home Page:
    Despite the numbers Jordan kept losing -Musze-

30. Xplosive

Pusha T may have effectively ended Drake's career.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.