((((NBA)))) --2018/2019 SEASON

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame/Shame' started by Nobleart, Jun 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

This isn't the NFL, this is the NBA with guaranteed contracts and lots more money on the line individually, for the most part. I don't care how much Kawhi makes.............I do think it looks really fucking bad if he dogged it during the season (as Neil is suggesting) coming back from an injury, just because the Spurs haven't thrown a Super Max contract at him, when he still has two years left on a very generous contract he was already playing under, before his player option kicks in and he can decide to go anywhere he wants.

I will say, I don't know if this is what is actually going down. Maybe he actually is damaged goods already and playing him would have been counterproductive. Derrick Rose took a lot of unnecessary heat for a lot of years for having no heart, when really his body was just shot at a very young age. He didn't have it in him anymore.

I like Kawhi's game a lot. I've said so on this forum before, but I wouldn't give him a super-max contract without him proving his body can hang for a full season plus a playoff run. That's just good business.

2. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Let's Not Pretend BILLIONAIRE NBA Owners Aren't "Generously" Rewarded Yearly on Merch, Tickets, Concessions, Parking, Advertising, etc.

In MOST Cases, the NBA is a HOBBY to the Owner. Fun Money...Nonetheless, No One Ever Says, "You Know What, the Owner's a BILLIONAIRE, He Could Easily Afford to Give his Star Player a Few Mil Extra".

The Next Time a Fan or Media Member Says That Will Be the 1st Time, and REED's Never Understood Why...In that Equation, the Guys with LESS Money are Always Told How Much IS or SHOULD Be Enough for Them...

Undoubtedly, Kawhi Leonard's a MAX or Super-MAX Player...THE Best 2-Way Basketball Player Alive.

The Pressure of Following in Duncan's Footsteps, Taking LESS than Market Value, is a Shitty Expectation for the Spurs to Place on Him...Kawhi's Been a Damn Good Soldier for them....

Another of Kawhi's Grievances w/the Organization was the LACK of Improvement to his Injury, While Entrusting the Spurs Medical Staff w/his Rehab Process. Apparently, Kawhi was VERY Put Off by This, Went Outside the Spurs Organization to Get Himself Back up to Speed, Which Pissed Off the Franchise...

REED Gets What You're Saying...It's BUSINESS...But that Business is a 2-Way Street and Professional Athletes have a VERY Short Time to Maximize Their Earnings...Kawhi Made a Business Decision...

REED:cool:

3. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

Not sure what we're debating here. Are you saying it's ok if Kawhi dogs it for the last two years of his contract? I don't really give a shit about the owners and their financial situation, but it seems disrespectful to the fans who form the pool that makes the NBA such a lucrative league to begin with.

We're not talking about Antonio Brown being the 198th highest paid receiver near the end of his Rookie contract. This is Kawhi upset he signed before the last collective bargaining agreement and upset he's not getting Steph Curry money RIGHT NOW!

4. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    Let's be honest here to. Kawhi's a quiet guy, but he's always had a chip on his shoulder in a keeping up with the Jones's type of way. He's expressed frustration about not getting the endorsement dollars of other more colorful and marketable players in the NBA and he's obviously pissed at how much his own team-mate LaMarcus Aldridge is making. This isn't about Duncan, it's about Aldridge making a comparable salary to Leonard.

No, he's not the player Leonard is, and he's not exactly Mr. Clutch, but he's also been around a lot longer, signed at a more opportune time in his career and unlike Leonard, actually shows up every day despite playing with a congenital heart condition that can kill him at any moment he's on the court, along with other nagging injuries he's carried around with him.

Tony Parker (not an Iron Man himself in his old age), has actually dogged Leonard a bit for not playing through his pain threshold.

Again...........if he's hurt, he's hurt..............but if he's dogging it while he's collecting his salary, it's pretty shitty I think.

5. Dog Jones

Dog Jones WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

I think in my mind the Spurs have the poorest majority owner in the league in Peter Holt so perhaps they could not literally afford to super max Kawhi

6. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

REED Won't Say it's "Okay", but Again, NOBODY Says Shit when an Owner Instructs a Coach to LIMIT a Players Minutes or Games Played Based on Incentive Clauses in his Contract that are Dangerously Close to Being Met...

Just as that Business Man Makes a BUSINESS DECISION, So Too Did Kawhi...His Body, His Health IS his Business...Kawhi Leonard, Inc., Basically...

There's a 0% Chance of Kawhi NOT Playing the Next 2 Years, Even if the Spurs Refuse to Trade him...He Can Opt Out After Next Season and There's NOfuckingWAY his Agent Would Allow him to Sit ANOTHER Year....That Wouldn't Help his Chances of Maxing Out w/Another Squad @ All...

It's a Number of Things that Conspired to Piss Kawhi Off...The Injury Itself, the Setbacks he Endured After Trusting the Spurs Staff with his Rehab/Recovery, the Fact the Spurs Not Only were Surprised Kawhi Wanted a Max Deal, but Threw Tim Duncan in his Face as an Example of "How Spurs Do Things" and Then Parker and Ginobilit Publicly Throwing Him Under the Bus....

7. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Does a "Poor" Majority NBA Owner Exist???...Sound Oxymoronic to REED....

8. Dog Jones

If Tim Duncan didn't get cleaned out by his first wife he'd actually be worth more than the guy who paid his salary, Peter Holt.

Duncan - $249 million in total earnings vs. Holt - $200 million net worth

9. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    reading the first few pages of the previous nba thread is pretty amusing

10. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    amazing how time flies and how things play out.

11. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

Where’s the evidence Kawhi dogged anything? Whoever said the Spurs were unwilling to give him the supermax? We don’t know any of that including Kawhi’s real reason for wanting to leave the Spurs who according to them haven’t even been officially told by Kawhi’s people that he wants to leave.

Stephen A Smith seems to think Kawhi just wants to play in LA but isn’t being honest enough in expressing that desire. I have to agree that Kawhi’s really reaching if he believes a franchise would purposely fuck up such an important asset as him.

12. lb 4 lb

When it comes to this draft, the 2 guys I absolutely would stay away from is Michael Porter because of his injury history, and Tray Young who I think is going to be no better than Curry...Seth, not Steph.

I think Porter has the Kings written all over him, although they’ll probably take Bagley since he says he actually wants to go to Sac.

I think Phoenix is crazy if they don’t take Doncic. With the athletes they have they could probably create a hybrid of the seven seconds or less Nash teams and that would make them relevant whether they make the playoffs or not.

13. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

14. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

You not pleased with doncic, reed?

15. lb 4 lb

I think Donte Devincenzo is another player with high bust potential. Let’s be honest here, drafting a white guy early in the first round who isn’t a sure thing is a terrible idea. When you factor in he has nearly record breaking negative wingspan numbers for his position and the fact he was mostly an average player before having the game of his life in the championship, it doesn’t look good for that draft spot.

I think not drafting a guy based on one amazing game should probably go ahead of the rule about drafting white guys in the lottery.

Based on his toughness, and athleticism he could be good in the right system but Milwaukee isn’t exactly known for getting the upside out of players and if anything it’s actually the opposite.

16. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

So any moment now Lebron will announce his decision, it appears.

17. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Having Watched Footage of Doncic, REED is LESS Enthused than the Mavs and Quite a Few Draft "Experts" Seem to Be...

The Obvious Comparison is Harden, but Doncic is LESS Athletic/Explosive than the Bearded One, who DOESN'T Rank Terribly High in those Regards, As Is...Doncic Doesn't Shoot as Well as Harden Either...Doncic Will Be Even WORSE than Harden Defensively, if You Can Imagine That:eek:...

Doncic Has Smart, Creative Handles, but Can He Consistently Get SEPERATION @ the Next Level? Very Good Facilitator Though...

More Than Anything, REED is Tired of the Mavs HISTORY of Bending Over Backwards to Draft White Players, to REACH and GAMBLE on White Players in a Way They Typically Don't w/Other Players...Best Believe, If ANY Team is Gonna Roll the Dice on a Potentially Risky White Player, the Dallas Mavericks are RIGHT THERE w/the Utah Jazz, Salivating @ the Front of the Line...

Having LIVED in Dallas Since 1985, REED BREATHES This Shit....

REED Gets It; it's to Appease the STAUNCHLY Conservative, Predominantly White, Corporate Fanbase in Dallas, but ADMIT It!!!...And REED Wouldn't Care @ All if This OCCASSIONALLY Happened, but it's a Fucking PATTERN for the Dallas Mavericks...

Bill Wennington, Uwe Blab, Jay Bilas, Steve Alford, Mike Izzulino, Cherokee Parks, Loren Meyer. All Drafted by the Mavs...Free Agents Like Chandler Parsons, Chris Anstey, Brian Cardinal, Raef LaFrentz, Doug McDermott...FADED Versions of Keith Van Horn, Shawn Bradley, Peja Stoyakovich, Chris Kaman and More...REED Could Rattle Off Names for Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaays…

Short of Christian Laettner and Danny Ferry, if a White Guy's Played in the NBA Since the Mid-Late 90's, there's a VERY Good Chance he Suited Up for the Dallas Mavericks @ Some Point...J.J. Reddick Knows There's @ Least 1 More Stop, Before he Finally Calls it a Career:D...

Dirk Nowitzki is ROYALTY in Dallas and Deservedly So...But He's a Basketball OUTLIER; Truly SPECIAL...Every 7-Footer Can't Have His Shooting Touch, Shooting Range, 1-Legged Fadeaway, etc., Yet the Mavs Seem INTENT on Finding a "Fitting" Torch Bearer to Dirk. Steve Nash and Detlef Schrempf were OUTLIERS Also...EXCEPTIONS to the Clear and Present Dallas Maverick Rule....

Having Drafted Dennis Smith, Jr. Just Last Year, a Ball Dominant Guard WASN'T a Position of Need...Nonetheless, the Mavs were INFATUATED...Despite Having 2 Knee Surgeries to that Point, Dennis Smith PLAYED in the Mavs Summer League, After Being Drafted...Conversely, After Drafting Doncic, the Mavs IMMEDIATELY Announced He WOULDN'T Be Participating in this Year's Summer League...

To Be Fair, REED Would've Drafted Mo Bamba in that Scenario, but ASSuming DeAndre Jordan REALLY Signs w/the Mavs This Time, it Makes Sense WHY They Didn't Select Bamba When Available...

But Like REED Said, the HISTORY Maaaan, the History...That was the Gist of REED's Meme...

18. Dog Jones

Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter

How the hell can OKC afford all three? Are they gonna demand more taxpayer "upgrades" for the arena to cover the salaries

19. Dog Jones

Paul getting a staggering $40 million a year with Houston

20. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Sooooo Loooooong, Farewell and Bon Voyage to the FAKE ASS “Nobody Wants to Play w/Westbrook” FALSE Narrative...

REEDo_O

21. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Paul Will Be GARBAGE By Year 3 of that Deal, Nevermind 4.

Houston Overpaid BIGTIME.

22. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

dumbass move by george. i guess we shall see how that works out. my guess is he was offered the most money to stay.

as for doncic. i havent watched him play in any actual games but from what i have read he is a better shooter than harden was coming out of college. other than that, i cant disagree with reed about the franchise preferring to draft gringos.

23. Dog Jones

LeBron signed a 4-year deal with the Lakers

24. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Lebron is a fuckin loser.

25. Dog Jones

Ben Simmons avoided the dreaded spot-up 3 point shooter role catastrophe

26. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

8 Straight Finals Appearances and 3 Championships Suggests Otherwise.

Ugotabe Kidding likes this.
  27. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

This is the first positive result Magic has seen since 91.

The Genius, salaco and REEDsART like this.
  28. Dog Jones

Lakers sign Rondo, bout to roll-out the anti-3 point shooting line-up

29. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Renounced the Rights to Julius Randle Also....That Means Boogie Cousins is on his Way...

30. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

lakers will sign leonard and durant next off season

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.