((((NBA)))) --2018/2019 SEASON

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame/Shame' started by Nobleart, Jun 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

"Easy"...

REED:confused:

2. Muzse

Muzse "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    It was never a calf, it was his achilles.

Just as I typed, Bob Myers said as much. Is dude fighting back tears???

3. Dog Jones

Dog Jones WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Jesus Christ Dubs GM Bob Myers is crying, the press conference sounds like KD's career is in TATTERS

4. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    Sounds like a blown out Achilles. Golden state and Myers should feel like shit. They surely knew this was it for Durant's time on the team so they went ahead and played him heavy (45+) minutes against Houston till he got injured then let him return when apparently they shouldnt have medically cleared him

5. Muzse

Home Page:
    Hopefully it's not. Best case scenario he reaggrevated the previous injury and there's no further damage. Worst case is what you said.

Interesting how the "what does KD do" talk is silenced if it's serious. Plus with the Raptors making the finals what happens if Kawhi decides to stay? The Knicks should be happen, they should get Kemba Walker to play along side RJ Barrett.

6. Dog Jones

He should come out hopping out of the tunnel like Paul Pierce

7. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    Durant blew out his Achilles the first time. I’m not sure why they drug this out but this is just the initially injury.

8. Ugotabe Kidding

Ugotabe Kidding WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    Great game, once again. Even without Durant GS still has a shot

9. BOSS

BOSS TBD

stay out of this thread you fairweather bitch

10. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

Nobody comes back and plays on a blown out Achilles after a few weeks. It’s not only physically impossible but not worth risking your career over. It takes almost a full year to heal and rehab from an achilles injury.

I’d heard on a couple podcasts before this game that if you come back too soon from the type of calf injury Durant sustained that an achilles injury could possibly happen due to the calf taking off less pressure than it normally would and putting more on the achilles. It was the worst case scenario.

REEDsART likes this.
  11. lb 4 lb

Agreed. I could see them taking care of home and then winning in Toronto as the pressure of a game 7 has every Toronto Raptor not named Khawi Leonard pissing in their shorts.

Man! Klay Thompson is a fucking beast. That game he had tonight reminded me of his western conference finals against OKC when he couldn’t miss. I knew he was going to have that kind of game tonight. In the playoffs he scares me twice as much as Curry does.

12. Muzse

Home Page:
    Valuable lessons learned over the past two years.

How Kawhi handled his injury and how KD handled his.

Those who called KD soft can choke on a dick.

The chatter about KD and the locker room should cease based on the reaction from Steph and Klay last night.

Steph looked like he'd been crying prior to speaking to ESPN. Klay was disgusted.

Came across as they cared as much if not more about KD than keeping the series going.

Sad all around.

13. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Says the LAME, COWARDLY Piece of Shit that Entered his 1st Basketball Thread Like 2 Weeks Ago...Fuck Off Casual...

Like REED Said, He Knows MORE About the Toronto Raptors, Both Currently and Historically, Than YOUR Sorry, Bitchmade Ass Does and WHENEVER You Want to Step into the Square and TEST That Theory, Let REED Know....It'll Be "EASY" for REED to Shame Your Ass in that Regard, GUARANfuckingTEED….

Otherwise, Keep Your SORRY Ass on the "I Just NOW Started Watching the Toronto Raptors" Sidelines w/Gatti, and Shut the Fuck Up...

REED:cool:

14. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

No One FORCES a Professional Athlete to Play Neil...

What Happened to KD was VERY Sad and You KNOW REED's Feelings About the Dude...That Said, REED Gained an IMMEASURABLE Amount of Respect for Dude, Putting His Body and Possibly his CAREER on the Line for his Team, Down 3-1....

But Let's Not Pretend the Team Put a Gun to His Head...

15. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

If it's "Serious" (Prayers That it ISN'T) KD Can Opt-In to the Final Year of his Contract w/GS and Pursue Free Agency a Year from Now....

REED:cool::cool:

16. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

So You and Others REALLY Think GS LIED About his Injury???...They Called it a 'Strained' Calf All Along...

It's 1 Thing to Have an INEPT Medical Staff Misdiagnosing Players, as the Spurs Did with Kawhi and Sometimey Green...It's Another to Report an Injury to One Part of the Body When Another Part is ACTUALLY Injured...

There Would Be MAJOR Repercussions Against GS from the League, if they LIED About What Part of KD's Body was Injured...

17. BOSS

BOSS TBD

fairweather bitch stays out of the thread when Canada is all but champions. GS wins a game and the slime comes back..

18. Muzse

Home Page:
    Facts. He's not losing money because of the injury.

19. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

How Many Basketball Threads Have YOU Entered employee???...How Come You JUST Start Posting in This Particular Thread AFTER Toronto Clinched a Spot in the NBA Finals???...

Toronto's a PERENNIAL Playoff Team, Been a Regular Playoff Participant for the Last 5-6 Years Now, Yet YOU NEVER 1nce Had Shit to Say About Them UNTIL They Advanced to the Finals...That's as Fairweather as it Gets, Weak Ass Motherfucker...

Where was Your Die-Hard Fandom When LeBron Wiped His Ass w/the Raptors Year After Year???...Probably NEVER Saw Vince Carter in the Dunk Contest, CLUELESS to the Fact Tracy McGrady was EVER a Raptor and WOULDN'T Recognize Chris Bosh w/Dreads and a Raptors Uniform...

You're the Type of Bandwagon Ass CASUAL that Could Sit Next to Damon Stoudamire for 2 Hours, OBLIVIOUS, Then Run to Fightbeat Talking About How "Big" of a Toronto Raptors Fan You Are...REED's Just Rattled Off Prominent Raptors EFFORTLESSLY and he GUARANfuckingTEES You've Never Actually WATCHED Any of Them Play...

You're a Dick Riding, Convenient, Fairweather, Bandwagon , Newbie, Casual Ass Toronto Raptors Fan...If You Ever WERE a Real Fan, Fightbeat Would've KNOWN This More than a Mere 2 Weeks Ago...

Now Please Fuck the Fuck Off So LEGITIMATE Basketball Debates Can Resume...

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  20. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    I do hope this gets rid of the Durant is a beta bullshit. Without his 12 minutes in this game, the series is over right now.

I agree with REED in the point that, nobody made him go out there. I'm actually growing kind of tired with the constant chatter in all sports lately, that teams need to constantly over-protect their players (i.e. assets), even from themselves.

Durant made the move to Golden State, specifically to win titles. He didn't want to sit out the entire Finals round either. He actually played fantastic in the time he was in there.

Dude has more money then God at this point. What's he saving himself for?

I can see a football player, retiring early or bowing out because he doesn't want his brain to turn to mush, but guys.................Durant will be just fine...............in his life and in his future.

21. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

$31.5mil from What REED just Read...

Not a Bad Chunk of Change for What Could Be a Rehab Season...

22. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Fair or Foul, for Better or Worse, for Worse or Worser, Last Night Did MORE for KD's Legacy Than the Back to Back Championships Did...

REED Was Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from Alone in Believing GS Could Indeed BEAT Toronto Sans KD...In Fact, That was Prevailing Wisdom....

Then, the 3-1 Lead Toronto Took Swatted that Notion to the Cheap Seats...GS NEEDED KD and he Showed Up for Them @ What, 60% of Himself, if That???...& Couldn't Have Played Better in those 12 Minutes...Didn't Miss a Single 3...Clearly THE Best Player on the Court...& Like You Said, the Series is Over as we Type if Not for KD...

Some People are Just Gonna Hate KD Regardless, But Not REED...He Crossed Over Last Night in the Minds of the Majority of REASONABLE Hoop Fans...And Knowing he's a SENSITIVE Ass Dude, KD Will FEEL and Appreciate the Support he Earned Last Night...

23. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

Yeah, if that was a Game 7, they'd be creating a whole new mythology and building Willis Reed like statues out front of wherever the fuck Golden State is going to be playing next year.

As it is, Toronto has to be a favorite to close this out, unless somebody like Cousins or Iggy starts to play out of his mind for the rest of the series.

LOL, he IS a sensitive dude though. Seems to have a permanent chip on his shoulder about something, and it's not some hard act he's putting on. I think Draymond probably doesn't get along with him, because Durant doesn't put up with his constant theatrics. He's not interested in being buds with Draymond, unlike Steph and Klay who are so laid back, they just see Draymond as being Draymond, and don't give a fuck.......as long as he gets under their opponents skin and passes them the ball into open positions.

24. Muzse

Home Page:
    It's not the $41 million John Wall gets to rehab but I'll take it.

REEDsART likes this.
  25. lb 4 lb

I think Toronto probably will win this one in Golden State. The Warriors just don’t have the horses. If I was Nick Nurse I would play Lowry and Vleet separately and make them run around all night so Steph would wear himself out chasing them.

26. Dog Jones

If Haye was able to box with a torn achilles (in two fights!), then I think in my mind the Dubs should just send him out there regardless

27. Dog Jones

28. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

29. Dog Jones

Jayson Tatum Angers Boston Fans With His Jubilation For Blues

I guess Danny has no choice but to trade him

30. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.