{{{NBA}}} 2021 - 2022 season OFFICIAL THREAD

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame/Shame' started by Anthony, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
  2. Dog Jones

Dog Jones WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

KD is a beta

3. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Like REED Said in the Olympic Thread, He’s NEVER Seen KD Play WORSE than he Did vs. France…EVER…

KD is Probably the BEST Player in the World Currently But He Hasn’t Resembled Such in This Wave of International Play…

Dame Dolla Shat the Bed vs France Too…Just 4pts for Book, 0 for Middleton…Plenty of Blame to Go Around…

As SENSITIVE as KD Is, He Doesn’t Want NOT Winning Gold On His Hoop Resume…Shit Just Got REAL and it Starts and Ends w/KD and Dame, In REED’s Opinion…

REED:Dan1:

4. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    Durant was in foul trouble the whole game until the end and he was missing wide open shots. Lillard was very passive and also careless with the rock. He passed up open looks to make the extra swing at inopportune times.

5. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Brian Windhorst Spoke of Pop's Emphasis on Ball Movement, Extra Passes and That Was Evident AF in Dame's Play...

REED's All for Playing "the Right Way", But Players Like KD and Dame Get BUCKETS...They Can MESH In Any Style, But When it's WINNING Time, Do What YOU Do...

6. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Is the International Basketball HEAVIER? Rims TIGHTER???...

REED Asks Because Many of the Americans Shots Made a GOD AWFUL Sound Everytime the Ball Bounced Off the Rim...

REED:Dont:

7. Steve-Dingo

Steve-Dingo Wizard of Oz

Ootrage!

REEDsART likes this.
  8. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

i like the fiba ball better to shoot with.

9. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

REED Bought a WNBA Ball for his Daughter, But Never Touched a FIBA Ball...

10. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

FIBA ball feels smaller than a regular nba rock but the grooves are more pronounced so it seems like they're always easily lined up when you catch and look to shoot

REEDsART likes this.
  11. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Which SHITS On REED's Theory of the FIBA Ball Possibly Being "Heavier" and a Harder Adjustment for NBA'ers vs. France..."Pronounced Grooves" ='s Better CONTROL of the Ball, or So It Would Seem...

'Preciate the Insight...

12. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

Anybody see on Twitter where somebody pranked Durant by having a bunch of USA Olympians sing happy birthday to him even though it wasn’t his birthday? He took it about as well as you would expect, which is he acted like everyone in the room had completely lost their mind as he looked around the room in complete disgust and shaking his head without a shred of humor about the whole thing.

13. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    Next olympics take the ballislife crew instead.

14. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

the fact that the nba has legislated physicality out of the game makes international ball a culture shock for alot of these guys.

it was always more physical than the nba but now its tough for some of these soft ass guys to deal with, as far as more hand checking and fouls at the basket not being called than even was the case in 90s nba.

15. lb 4 lb

Yeah I lol every time one of these American players try to draw a foul or bitch to the refs like they’re playing for wackass NBA refs. For the most part most of the guys seemed to get that stuff out of their system during the scrimmages but occasionally old habits will crop up.

16. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

I also think the olympic committee had a more legit system set up with dukes coach and the guys played together more. Popovich signed on and obviously he has a full time gig with the spurs but the rest of the infrastructure aint the same. They got complacent again plus covid hit and these other teams got nba caliber guys who have built more cohesion

17. Dog Jones

USA covered the 40 point spread yet Bam finished with zero rebounds

18. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

I dont think the US team can beat slovenia

19. Dog Jones

Westbrook traded to Lakers for Kuzma, KCP, Harrell, and a pick

20. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

bad move for the lakers

TexMex likes this.
  21. TexMex

TexMex Fightbeat IQ Champ

It will be entertaining watching the Lakers implode, reminds me of the Kobe, Nash, Howard, Gasol team.

After tonight the Rockets will have 4 players better than Westbrook in Wall, Porter, Wood, and Green. Wall can just go away tho.

22. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

so they got kuzma and the 22nd pick for westbrook. harrell expiring deal probably gets dealt. pope probably gets dealt. shows what type of value he has around the league with his 44 mill price tag.

23. TexMex

The league knows what WB is all about by now, casuals don't, they just see triple doubles and mean faces.

Casuals don't know he's one of the most inefficient players in the NBA. Also that he only boxed out 26 times last year for his "10" rebounds. Some casuals still think he doesn't steal rebounds from other teammates. Bron thinks he can control him I'm guessing, we shall see.

24. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

james doesnt like the guy, he must be desperate. james was dunking on westbrook and swatting his shots into the 12th row in the playoffs last year. havent seen him go at a guy as hard in recent memory.

plus when they do the all star drafts james refuses to select westbrook until his last few picks if at all.

25. TexMex

Oh yeah I remember that, but best believe they got Bron's blessing first.

Surprised as hell Toronto didn't draft Suggs.

26. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

So Oscar Robertson he aint?

27. Dog Jones

The best 3 point shooter from the big trio is AD LOL

TexMex likes this.
  28. TexMex

No more like Rondo if Rondo had down syndrome

29. lb 4 lb

I agree that it’s a bad move for the Lakers but only in the sense that they gave up too much depth for one player. And this right after losing in the playoffs due to injuries. It makes zero sense from that perspective and going by cap rules they’re going to have to bring in some real scrubs unless some good players are willing to take paycuts for a possible ring.

I wish you could post without pouring in all the biased hate you have for Westbrook. You sound like those same haters on Twitter. Yes Russ is inefficient but lots of players talk about the kind of grit and work ethic his leadership and lead by example style brings to a team. Also it’s well known that Russ is inefficient, even casuals know that.

Talking about rebounds it sounds like you never played ball before. Boxing out helps with rebounding but athleticism, timing and knowing the trajectory the ball is going to take is even more of an advantage. Plus I watched a lot of Wizards games early in the season and Russ was not stealing those rebounds nor were his teammates giving them to him.

If you want to hate on Russ there’s a lot of ammo available without resorting to old myths that have always been bullshit. I guess in your mind he doesn’t do anything good at all seeing as how you think everyone on Houston’s team is better. Funny how it took Russ to come on your team and be the kind of leader your beloved Harden never was.

30. TexMex

Oh look, it's one of the few remaining Westbrook defenders!

The only redeeming qualities you were able to conjure up was grit, work ethic, and leadership. If that is his positive qualities, do you know what that describes? A role player. Problem is, Russ thinks he's a top 5 player.

I play ball a few times a week actually, and I'll tell you this, I box out more than the 26 times in the few games I play in one DAY than he did all YEAR.

Dude leaves the person he defends to chase rebounds. That's why a player like Wicky Wubio lights his ass up and becomes Magic Johnson.

You can call these myths all you want, but I call then facts because, well they are.

I'm not a hater on Twitter, I acknowledge I hate that fucker, hate playing with people like him because the other team is talking shit the entire time & no matter what the other players do, we know we are going to lose due to his "leadership."

Me saying everyone on the Rockets being better than him was tongue in cheek, only an overly sensitive, overly protective person would see it any other way.