NFL 2016-2017 Thread

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame/Shame' started by Anthony, Feb 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    Coming soon

2. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Tampa Bay Buccaneers SUPER BOWL 51 CHAMPS!!!!!!

3. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    NFL hall of fame class is solid but once again too many overlooked players that have been frozen out for a long, long time

Here's a few that come to mind, for me in no particular order

HAROLD JACKSON ... Jackson had more catches, receiving yards and receiving TD's than anyone in the NFL during the decade of the 1970s. Today he is practically unknown. Paul Zimmerman may be the only guy I'm aware of that picked Jackson as his all-decade team starter. How many guys lead a DECADE in three major stat categories at their position and don't make it to the Hall? Jackson has never even been NOMINATED... Mystifying to me

CHUCK HOWLEY ... One of the best defensive players in football for nearly a decade and the only MVP of a losing Super Bowl team. Howley was a 6 time Pro Bowl selection and a 5 time first team All-Pro... You would think that sort of acclaim combined with the MVP award and playing on one of football's glamour teams would've helped Howley's chances but outside of being a "Seniors" nominee in 2007, he's gotten absolutely nowhere near the hall of fame. Inferior players are already in there.

L.C. Greenwood ... Inferior players have been in for years... Greenwood is kept out by the amount of Steelers in the hall... No matter what anyone has to say about it, this guy was one of the best in the league for a decade. He belonged a long time ago.

RANDY GRADISHAR ... The best Broncos linebacker of all time, probably... A great player, many time pro bowl selection and all-pro selection... Largely overlooked today, maybe because his best years were before the height of Elway-Mania?

KEN ANDERSON ... Who were the best NFL QBs of the 1970s and early 1980s? Staubach, for sure... Bradshaw starting in the latter half of the decade (he was BAD the first 5 years), Dan Fouts, Stabler in the middle part of the decade and Ken Anderson... Anderson was a league MVP in '81, Led the league in Passer Rating 4 times, ran the first true Bill Walsh offense and got an overachieving Bengals team to a Super Bowl... He had a terrific career... Should've been inducted years ago

ALEX KARRAS ... Alex Karras is more famous for being Webster's dad and Punching out a horse than he is for his playing career as one of the best Defensive Tackles of the 60s. Great player whose candidacy has been hurt, IMO, by two things... The Lions failure to win anything in the 60s despite some good teams (They had to deal with the Browns, Colts, Bears and most significantly, the Packers) and his own involvement with the same gambling scandal that affected Paul Hornung (Hornung, as a member of one of the greatest teams of all time, got in the HOF by default)

CLIFFORD BRANCH ... Listen, I'm a Steelers fan, I hate the fucking Raiders but this guy was one of the most dangerous men in the league for 10 years and he was a significantly better wideout than Lynn Swann ... Receivers of his era suffer because passing was so much more risky at the time so they didn't catch 100 passes a year with DBs who weren't allowed to touch them... The Raiders of the 70s and early 80s were the roadblock for every AFC team practically every year and they won 3 Super Bowls... This has yielded one WR (Biletnikoff, well-deserved but his best years were the late 60s and early 70s), one TE (Dave Casper, who was really good but not as good as Branch), three OLs (Upshaw, Otto and Shell, no argument here), one QB (Stabler, contentiously and post-mortem), two defenders (Hendricks and Willie Brown) and one RB (Allen, whose candidacy was saved by his resurrection in KC as an old man) ... But how can a team who's famous threat was "the vertical game" have the man most chiefly responsible for the threat (Branch) sit there unacknowledged?

LESTER HAYES ... Everybody talks about the 13 picks and "Stickum" ... Hayes had his best years after they banned the stuff... He was a huge impact defender

DREW PEARSON ... Clutch as hell and Roger Staubach's ultimate target. The Cowboys were relentless winners during his career thanks in no small part to his efforts. I despise the Cowboys but this guy belongs

CLIFF HARRIS ... Another of the Cowgirls who, to me, should have been in a long time ago... Murderous hitter and a big-play safety... Probably would've gotten in if the Cowgirls had managed to win one of those Super Bowls against the Steelers

DERON CHERRY ... great safety on a shitty team... A feared hitter... Was drafted as a PUNTER, of all things

MAXIE BAUGHAN ... 9 Pro Bowl selections... Won a championship with Philly, hugely important member of a celebrated Rams defense... Might as well have been a long snapper, that's how little attention he gets... How can you be an all-star in your sport nine fucking times and never get a whiff of the hall?

HAROLD CARMICHAEL ... Great receiver on a horrible team... You'd think being 6'8 would get him more atention

GARY CLARK... The best receiver on the Washington Redskins wasn't Art Monk, it was this tiny little guy.

PAT SWILLING ... Kind of gets lost in the shuffle between the declining years of LT and the emergence of Derrick Thomas... This guy was deadly in his prime and part of a fantastic quartet of LBs on the Saints...

JAY HILGENBERG ... One of the best centers in the league for a good chunk of time... Forgotten because he played on the wrong side of the ball when Chicago put together some of the best defensive seasons ever (The Bears defense wasn't a one-year wonder... They were arguably even more awesome in 1986 and were among the elite for a stretch of 6 or 7 years) ... If Jim McMahon hadn't been injured, they probably win at least one more big one and maybe Hilgenberg becomes a no-brainer

LEE ROY JORDAN ... Along with Howley (above), Jordan was one of the most important players on a great team... One of the best MLBs of the late 60s and early 70s

GREG LLOYD ... A better player than Kevin Greene, who just got in. One of the elite LBs of his generation. Surly, difficult person which may be hurting him with the fickle, biased voters.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  4. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
  5. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    :mj:

6. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Are you a Steelers fan :dunno:

I only like them because of the Rooneys.........to be honest I have tried picking a team and found something wrong with all of them :lol:

At least the Rooneys seem to be way out in front on most matters.

7. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    All my life! The best team, the best uniforms, best owners

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MpqZWXy2-JU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    The line "This ones over. Steelers repeat" is something I first heard in "Cocaine Cowboys".

9. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Ha!:lol:

10. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Apparently John Richards was selling coke to the Steelers and to Mercury Morris back in the day.

That Bradshaw reminds me of Robert Duvall

11. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Yup. Definitely a resemblance

12. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    Neil, is Matt Forte done? I imagine there will be a line of teams looking to bring him in next year, 30 years old or not.

13. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Forte still has some gas in the tank, even though he's been run to death over the years. But I don't think teams will be 'lining up' for him. 30+ year old running backs aren't held in high regard no matter what they've done, in most cases.

I think he'll end up in New England.

TFK

14. Wiser 1878

Wiser 1878 Bridgerweight Champion

Management/Health Care

So having a rapist for a quarterback didn't throw you off any?

Good to know. :rock1:

15. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    Hes slower but definitely not done. Can still play at least another year or two and perhaps longer than that If he isn't given 20 touches a game. I agree with TFK that he'll go to new England. Belichick has always praised him and likes vets

16. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Pffft ... Weakest case ever

17. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

If Forte Goes to NE, He'll Probably Have a PRODUCTIVE 3-5 Years...That's How Things Work Out w/Belicheck & the Patriots...

REED:hammert:

18. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

Certainly possible. He takes care of himself and could easily fill a Kevin Faulk type role

19. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

Malik jackson is a good player who became a free agent at the right time. 6 years 90 million is almost Suh /watt type money for a player who was at best the third pass bronco pass rusher teams had to account for

Looks like bears are getting trevathan for 30 mill or so over 4 years which is a bit more reasonable

20. Dog Jones

Dog Jones WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Bork Osweiler just left the Super Bowl winning Donks for the Texans

21. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

giants spending insane amounts. 12 mill per for janoris jenkins and 17 mill per for olivier vernon

22. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Love Vernon as a player, but that contract is insane.

TFK

23. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    $55 Million guaranteed. Jesus, this guy better be good.

Giants were waaaaaaay under the cap, but they don't have to spend it all at once.

Sad they let a still very young Linval Joseph go a couple of years ago to the Vikings, for a fraction of what they're paying these new guys.

24. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

He couldn't live up to what the Broncos did this year....

25. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

boom! Jerrell Freeman, bitches! Nice fuckin signing for the bears

26. Dog Jones

Dog Jones WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Yeah the Donks replaced him with the great Mark Sanchez

27. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

chandler jones to AZ for jonathan cooper and a 2nd round pick. Belichick dumped the guy before he had to break him off vernon type money

28. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Just found out Megatron retired.

Shocked

29. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

Marty bennett and a 6th round pick to pats for a 4th rounder

30. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

RGIII to Cleveland???...

REED:palm: