Oscar De La Hoya's Farewell Letter to Floyd Mayweather

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Erratic, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    Mosley 1.

2. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    Even if they lack drama Ive enjoyed most Mayweather fights just as exhibitions of skill - most of all in the last 5 years or so since he became less of a mover. I doubt that's what most people who buy boxing ppvs on a Saturday night are looking for tho

3. Erratic

Erratic "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Professional Bum
    Home Page:
    It's true that DLH himself hasn't exactly been the most exciting fighter either with his big PPV fights. As a whole, they have been more fan-friendly than Floyd's PPV fights, but that isn't saying much.

Vargas and Mosley 1 were outstanding fights, and I agree completely that Quartey was not an action fight. That might be the most overrated fight ever. 2 exciting rounds and 10 rounds of 2 guys mostly posing and staring at each other. Not a skillful chessmatch where they're setting all these traps and making them pay for it, but just 2 fighters doing little.

Same here.

Actually I enjoy watching Mayweather highlights more when it comes to replay value, just watching the moves and little things that he does in the ring, he's aesthetically pleasing to watch. But you were unlikely to see a lot of violence, especially relative to how much his PPVs went for.