Protein-shakes, supplements.

Discussion in 'Training & Conditioning' started by Rich ´Money´ Mustard, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    Certainly have! ($$$$$)

2. Buddy Rydell

Buddy Rydell Boxingpress Alumnus

Small animal repair technician
    Home Page:

I think the main difference in my results for the last little while has been the protein-shake I have in the morning and then the one I have post-workout. It's making big differences when it comes to recovery and gains. I feel muscled up all the time and don't get that stringy, tired feeling.

3. loadedgloves

loadedgloves "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Chocolate milk post workout is something that nutritionists and trainers just recommending a few years ago. As far as whole milk goes, there are plenty of modern nutritionists and strength coaches who will tell you the same thing I just did. Not generally that into Rippetoe and his philosophies, but he is dead on correct about whole milk. But hey, knock yourself out with the waxy maize and WPI if that's what works for you.

4. loadedgloves

+1

Supplement companies can't make money off of milk. Duh

5. Roll With The Punches

Roll With The Punches WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    i've read that it's bullshit that you need to take a post workout shake right after you train...and it's actually counter productive as it reduces HGH by boosting insulin

thoughts?

6. Orion

Orion Not Ordinary

Home Page:
    Right....and if milk were all we needed, no one would be spending extra money on additional supplements. Who wants to throw away hundreds of dollars per year on supplements when cows give us everything we need for $4/gallon?

7. Orion

Orion Not Ordinary

Home Page:

BS.

8. Buddy Rydell

Buddy Rydell Boxingpress Alumnus

Small animal repair technician
    Home Page:
    Good to know.

9. Orion

Orion Not Ordinary

Home Page:
    Our bodies produce insulin everytime we eat, should we stop eating too so that it doesn't affect our HGH levels? The thing is, without supplemental HGH intake, our body's own natural HGH production plays a very very small role in our quest for gain muscle or lose fat. Trying to get our body to increase HGH is pretty much a waste of time. Much better to get the nutrients you need to your muscles quickly post-workout than to worry about HGH levels.

10. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

I would say that people who don't subscribe to the whole multi-million-dollar industry that is 'supplements', are those who've tried it and it didn't work due to:
    a) not training properly
    b) having shit, fatty genetics

Pre/post-workout drinks, BCAAs, protein-shakes: definately helping me, anyway.

11. Roll With The Punches

Home Page:

well when you work out you're producting HGH...so spiking insulin right away isn't ideal
    there is a tonne of research on this + loads of improvments in muscle gain..check it out

sounds like you've bought into the supplement industry "oh shit you will lose muscle if you dont have a protein shake right away"

12. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

The 'Metabolic/Anabolic Window' is a bit of a myth, really...only really benefits those doing heavy cardio.

13. Orion

Orion Not Ordinary

Home Page:
    I've bought into what has worked for me as well as millions of others. Nothing more.

14. Orion

Orion Not Ordinary

Home Page:
    Everything is a myth, there's no science in bodybuilding, hence the reason why today's pro bodybuilders look the same as they did 30-40 years ago when they were drinking milk for protein.

15. Orion

Orion Not Ordinary

Home Page:
    Some of you guys got a lot to learn about bodybuilding. Keep the milk mustache alive.

16. Roll With The Punches

Home Page:
    how do you know a protein shake post workout had any impact? want to buy a rock from me that keeps tigers away?

17. loadedgloves

The claim/point you're trying to make isn't just naive, it's stupid. The change in bodybuilder physiques has very little to do with nutrition and everything to do with drugs.

18. Orion

Orion Not Ordinary

Home Page:

I like Tigers so, no. If you have one that keeps mosquitos away though, I'll buy it.

19. Orion

Orion Not Ordinary

Home Page:
    Not entirely, but thanks for playing.

20. Orion

Orion Not Ordinary

Home Page:
    Milk Mustache 4LIFE bitches!

21. loadedgloves

Yes, entirely. You're a fucking moron for saying otherwise. The kind of shit 70s bodybuilders used would be considered mild cycles by your average gym juicer today, to say nothing of the addition of newer compounds available in a variety of esters (tren E, NPP, etc), or shit like GH, various peptides, insulin, and synthol. Herp derp Ronnie Coleman must've gotten insanely huge from Muscle Milk!!@!!@

People as dumb as you shouldn't be allowed to exist.

22. Orion

Orion Not Ordinary

Home Page:
    Easy there, internet tough guy. You're getting your panties soiled over some cow's milk.

Does this make you feel better?

http://www.news.cornell.edu/photos/Sherman300.jpg

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  23. Orion

Orion Not Ordinary

Home Page:
    And before you decide to tell me about what you think you know about bodybuilding drugs, I've probably forgotten more about them than you've ever known about them. While its easy to compare 70's bodybuilders to today's bodybuilders and compare their cycles, are you saying that bodybuilders of the late 80's and early 90's weren't doing more drugs too? Milk was available to them as well. The fact is, sure drug use is up since the 70's, no one is denying that, but there are lots of other factors such as nutrition which is the cause for today's bigger bodybuilders. By your logic today's bodybuilders are doing so many drugs now that they should be dropping like flies, but they aren't so that shoots your theory all to Hell. Its a combination of drugs and better nutrition through science that have allowed today's bodybuilders to achieve more than those in the past. You're foolish and ignorant to think otherwise.

24. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

Dudes with body builder physiques look fucking ridiculous.

25. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

I've been lifting weights on again and off again for a few years but never really maintained a big muscular physique. Anyway I went back on the iron again recently and I read about a very intriguing protein shake called Monster Mix. What set it apart from the rest was it's claim to not just offer high calories which can turn into fat but rather, offer a lean mass stimulator that didn't fill fat stores. Another positive was the fact that this protein mix listed on the container what ingredients were in the mix and how much. I don't know of any other protein shakes that do that. A third plus was they gave a free bottle of conjugated linolic acid which is supposed to trim fat from what I've read.

Well anyway, I worked out with this stuff for like 3 weeks and I'd never seen such gains so quickly that didn't just fade away as soon as I hopped out of the shower. Plus I had wash board abs in no time which I think was the CLA at work. I went off of it again after the three weeks because I went on vacation and by the time I'd gotten back I'd lost most of my gains. I was going to be home for about 3 weeks but would have to leave out again so I decided to keep lifting but that I wouldn't use the protein shake or the CLA until I came back for good. This time when I lifted without the supplements it was just like in the past. I wasn't making much gains and by the time I jumped out of the shower I seemed to lose everything right then. So basically I really recommend this Monster Mix Protein shake. If you want to read about it or check it out here is a link.

http://www.getmonstermix.com/

26. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

I stopped reading as soon as I saw the word 'Russian'. :popcorn:

27. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Have you tried anu other Gaspari products?
    I was thinking about giving the MyoFusion and IntraPro protein...

28. timmothysmith01

timmothysmith01 Leap-Amateur

Protein shakes are a smooth way to feature more protein in your food plan.

Getting sufficient protein in your weight loss plan can also quickly increase your metabolism, reduce your appetite, and assist keep lean body mass.