Rank these Junior Welterweights in terms of who beats who!

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Destruction and Mayhem, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rw1t2yAK_wU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bQYeSXpC244?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Bordon

Bordon Undisputed Champion

Tszyu was good at stopping potshots and flurries and his accurate right is good to shoot through the shoulder roll. I wouldn't pick him but if he can wobble Floyd once or twice and make him tentative he has a good shot.

P should've fought Chavez in the many years a better version was available instead of pulling a Floyd.

Pryor is over rated. Bad defense and sloppy all around. His toughness and physicality make him a bad matchup for Floyd but Chavez picks him apart.

3. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Tszyu had too many defensive liabilities himself for Floyd not exploit. Floyd had enough pop to hurt Tszyu. Tszyu's chin wasn't exactly Lamotta-like, and Floyd would be catching him with fast counters he never sees coming. I think Tszyu goes the distance, but Floyd would be out classing him late.

And Pryor is just wrong for Chavez, imo. Too quick, and speed from too many angles for the methodical Chavez. Duran would pick apart Pryor because he had the quickness and countering ability to do so. But Chavez would be too slow. And that's not only Pryor. I could also see Manny beating Chavez at 140 due to the quickness factor.

4. Destruction and Mayhem

Mayweather beats them all....but has his toughest fights with Pryor and Whitaker. The Mayweather of the Gatti fight was just ludicrously good....it may have been Gatti..but Mayweather made him look like he had never boxed before.

5. Xplosive

Tszyu would be Floyd's easiest fight of the bunch. He's no sure thing against any of the others.

6. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

17 year old Wilfred Benitez outboxes everyone in this list.

7. Xplosive

It's possible.

8. Destruction and Mayhem

Mayweather-Whitaker would have been a fascinating chessmatch. Very boring fight for a casual fan but for us, who are the elite, great spectacle of the sweet science.

Many tend to pick Whitaker automatically because (apart from the fact that he's 80s/90s and Floyd is hated) he seemed to be slightly better defensively. And perhaps he was...but when both guys are that elusive, the question of who is more elusive is irrelevant....just like who punches harder between Jackson and MCClellan is irrelevant. both guys would have difficulty hitting the other.

The reason I pick Mayweather, however, is because Mayweather has a height, reach and strength edge. Mayweather's quick lead right hand counter may find success on Whitaker unlike any other whitaker opponent has had. Of course the reverse is also true. It's a fascinating fight and would be a close decision either way you spin it.

9. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Agree....everyone except for WHITAKER...that will be the boring masterpiece..that Sly is trying to make Whitaker vs. Mayweather...

10. Xplosive

No serious boxing fan ever entertained the idea of Floyd beating Whitaker when Floyd was in his physical prime. When Floyd became a mainstream star, all of sudden opinions change.

Prime Whitaker was better than prime Floyd. Floyd's only edge on Pea is longevity.

11. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    :hammert: This chap here knows the fight game

12. Destruction and Mayhem

Yeah, serious boxing fans are hesitant to rank contemporary fighters in their prime with the best ever. Ask Bert Randolph Sugar (RIP). When Larry Holmes was prime no one said his jab was potentially GOAT. Now everyone says it. "Serious" boxing fans are idiots that way. From the time I saw Floyd dismantle the previously unbeaten Corrales in that manner I knew he was on Whitaker level at the very least. Most people need to see an entire career and then have them long since retired to say such things.

Not saying the Floyd is better than Sweet pea. It's hard to be better than Whitaker. I'm saying that he's an equivalent talent....and by the way longevity proves talent....because you have to be that much superior to your peers during your peak that even when father time inevitably erodes your speed and reflexes (and punch resistance and power) you still have enough to keep beating the best. Longevity proves peak talent...as well as removing all talk of luck.

13. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

Father Crack-Cocaine was the reason Pernell's longevity wasn't better.

14. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Zoo struggled when subjected to pressure. Floyd won't pressure him and Zoo could thrive where it became a battle of pot-shots. Close fight, Floyd on points, for me. Boring fight too.