ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY official teaser trailer

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Panchyprsss, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Wji-BZ0oCwg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Roll With The Punches

Roll With The Punches WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    sucks that it's a female lead again

is this movie about Darth Vader? shouldn't he be in the trailer :scratcher:

3. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

I said that first time panchy posted anything about this shitty spin-off.
    If this pre-dates Star Wars events and deals with the Death Star (again) and the battle plans, then fucking Darth Vader should be ALL over this shit...

4. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

I agree with the comments posted so far. I'm already tired of these female leads in the new star wars films. Enough already! I'm sure Vader will show up in future trailers though so don't worry.

5. Destruction and Mayhem

This film will break with Star Wars convention though as it may be the first star wars film that doesn't have a lightsaber battle. At this point in the genealogy Obi Wan was a hermit called Ben and Vader was the only guy wielding a saber.

6. Panchyprsss

Whoa! Guys! You are acting like you didn't paid any attention to all that was posted months ago: Felicity Jones is the star of the film and that was very prominent in the sole photo that was available for months until now. But it is also a war movie ala Dirty Dozen with a bunch of rebel spies stealing the Death Star plans (why are you surprised that there is yet another SW movie with the Death Star in it when the whole plot revolves around it?). The ensemble cast members were briefly seen (Forrest Whitaker, Donnie Yen, Diego Luna, etc). About Darth Vader: yes, most likely he will be in this film. And no, he will NOT be the central character the same way he was not in SW: A New Hope. Whinning about no Vader in this teaser? LOOK AGAIN!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  7. Panchyprsss

Do you have a problem that just two out of eight Star Wars films have a female lead? The SW franchise was always criticized for being a boy's club. Only one female character in the original trilogy :rolleyes: and only one female character in the prequels. SW has tons of girl fans, so it makes sense to give them someone they can identify with. But the next two Episodes (8 & 9) will still have Rey as a lead, so deal with it. :lol:

As for ROGUE ONE, Jyn Erso (Felicity Jones) has so much potential to be connected to the grand SW universe! I mean in THE FORCE AWAKENS Rey has shown that she could very well be a Skywalker. And SW nerds are betting their money she is indeed Luke Skywalker's daughter. The question almost nobody asks is, if that is true...who was the mother? Does anyone sees Luke mating with just a regular cute girl or he will go for a strong brave rebel warrior...like Jyn Erso?

Or...

Diego Luna's character, who we see in the trailer always next to Jyn, could very well be Poe Daemeron's father and Jyn could be his mother! So with those parents it is understandable what a badass Poe grew up to be.

Or...

I could be wrong and ALL OF THEM DIE IN THIS FILM!!! :scared:

8. Destruction and Mayhem

If Rey isn't Luke's Daughter then the whole thing is bullshit and JJ Abrams needs to be shot. The sequel trilogy would make no sense unless Rey is Luke's daughter (or Han and Leia's at the very least)...so they better not fuck that up with some alternative idea.

9. Panchyprsss

Why? you think that the Force is exclusive only to the Skywalker bloodline? But yeah, it all points out to the not-so-surprising reveal that Rey is a Skywalker, which kinda would mess up with the Jedi celibacy vow. And then who & where is the lady that Luke impaled his lightsaber to procreate a child he later tossed away on a desert planet?

10. Destruction and Mayhem

Not so much the Force being exclusive to the Skywalker bloodline but more to do with the fact that the lightsaber "called" to Rey. Why would it do that if Rey wasn't Luke's daughter or at the very least another grandchild of Anakin Skywalker? So she has to be a Skywalker or it's booooolllllsheeeeeet!

11. Panchyprsss

Yup, that is the strongest link.

12. Destruction and Mayhem

13. Panchyprsss

14. Panchyprsss

Ok Daisey Ridley dismisses rumours that ROGUE ONE Jyn Erso is Rey's mother and goes on record stating that, while she knows who Rey's parents are, 'it is not important' kind of also dismissing any relation to a certain Jedi from Tatooine.

<iframe scrolling="no" src="https://www.yahoo.com/movies/star-wars-star-daisy-ridley-193818894.html?format=embed" allowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true" allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

15. Panchyprsss

Disney is freaking out as images and plot information from a yet to be published 'Rogue One visual Guide' book was leaked online last night. They are busy taking down images and trying to prevent more stuff to leak online. But here is what we know now:

characters names and descriptions:

Jyn Erso (Felicity Jones) a high skilled soldier and warrior
    Cassian Andor (Diego Luna) A Rebel Alliance officer
    Baze (Jiang Wen) a freelance assassin
    K-250 (Alan Tudyk) an enforcer droid
    Bodhi (Riz Ahmed): a Rebel soldier
    Pao (?) A fierce CGI alien warrior
    Chirrut (Donnie Yen) 'a spiritual warrior'
    Bistan (?) another CGI warrior
    Director Krennic (Ben Mendelsohn) main antagonist, Director of the Imperial Military that protects and serves the Empire
    Darth Vader (?) dark Lord of the Sith
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Bordon

Bordon Undisputed Champion

I'd be totally pissed if it didn't turn out in the most obvious way possible.

17. Panchyprsss

:laughing:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  18. Roll With The Punches

Roll With The Punches WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    that darth vader pic is cool...the movie should basically just be him going around laying people out

19. Panchyprsss

He will have just a small cameo role, but I hear you: Disney must do a Darth Vader solo film where he just go on a killing rampage!

20. Panchyprsss

The internet has gone berserk when news broke out that supposedly the film was not testing as well as the studio expected and reshoots have been ordered to improve the film. While some use this as an opportunity to speculate that the film is garbage and will be a fiasco, I am more confident as these days reshoots are common with big budget films and all the actors knew since day one that there would be reshoots. The naysayers point to the director, Garrett Edwards prior film, 'Godzilla', to trash this upcoming SW film stating that Godzilla was a bad film. However 2014 'Godzilla', while no masterpiece, was an entertaining film that earned a 74% certified fresh score at RT. That film biggest flaw was its script, not its direction.

21. Panchyprsss

Okay now I am officially pissed: according to reports the film didn't tested well with Disney executives because it was too gritty and had too much warfare. WTF?? Wasn't that supposed to be the original theme of this film? Disney executives ordered reshoots mainly to 'tone down' the film and make it more 'light and fun'. Geez, this is not the freaking FORCE AWAKENS, leave this one shot, standalone film like it was supposed to be: a freaking galactic WAR FILM!! Garrett Edwards is NOT J.J. Abrams! This film is NOT part of the Abrams storyline. Why are they messing with it? Too much war? GREAT!! Too gritty and dark? THANK YOU!! But maybe they freaked out after Batman v Superman dark tone alienated many people and now instead of a mature, serious war film we will get jokes, less warfare and maybe...JEDIs!!!:rolleyes:

BTW I have read the comments online of many brainwashed idiots that agree with Disney suits and are DEMANDING that Jedi Knights be central part of the plot. :ant: I had high hopes and was pumped by this film. Now I am too skeptic of what abomination will be released on December.:bangh:

http://www.vulture.com/2016/06/course-star-wars-rogue-one-has-problems.html

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  22. salaco

salaco Undisputed Champion

Poor lad, it's a chronic debilitating illness

23. Panchyprsss

PICS!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  24. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

Yeah, it's gonna suck ass now. That's the problem with these films now a days, too many fucking jokes. I actually preferred DC's more serious tone to Marvel's overly light one even if DC's overall films weren't better. I hope Disney will release that first version someday.

25. Panchyprsss

OMG!! This behind the scenes reel got me pumped up AGAIN!! I am such a nerd! Can't wait!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HUb_zpdyDpU" frameBorder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

[​IMG]

26. Panchyprsss

GRRRR!!!

I was watching the Star Wars Celebration panel with the cast of 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' and while most the actors did their best to not give away anything from the plot, then comes the turn at the mic for Chinese actor Jiang Wen who after saying he barely speaks any English, then he proceeded to blow a MAJOR PLOT SPOILER in front of all the audiences and those watching the damn video! :pissed: Gwendolyn Christie tried to cut him immediately and to divert the attention, but you could see director Gareth Edwards almost falling from his chair and producer Kathleen Kennedy with her jaw wide open.

Mutherf@#ker chank!!! :pissed:
    [​IMG]

Mads Mikkelson as Galen Erso
    [​IMG]

K2SO

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  27. Bordon

Bordon Undisputed Champion

Well, what did he say you stupid foreigner

28. Panchyprsss

Sorry. I am not spoiling it here. Go to youtube and watch the video of the cast panel where he drops the spoiler. And you you are calling stupid foreigner? I am more 'Merican than you (plus I have more brains too!)

29. Panchyprsss

Trailer #2

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ERuiM8iRyOk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

30. Rainmaker

Rainmaker "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    This looks better than that shit remake The Force Awakens.