Rough Night in River Oaks

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame/Shame' started by StingerKarl, Dec 28, 2007.

1. meetthefeebles

meetthefeebles Drunken Geordie Bastard

100% Agreed

As my old man used to tell me:

"it's the quiet one's you have to be wary of..."

2. Arben

Arben "Twinkle Toes" McJack

I envy people who have never been in fights.

3. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

I'd like to hear the other one since you told this one so well.

4. lb 4 lb

Agreed, I would never put someone in a head lock because it exposes you to getting bit or having your balls pulled off.

5. lb 4 lb

You shouldn't. Most of them are pussies who got punked or bitched their way out of them.

Would you rather be a girlyman?

6. PetreTG

PetreTG WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    90% of fights end up in a head lock on the ground. Anyone that says differently has never been in a fight. Street fights are not boxing. Most fights start with harmless pushing back and forth and progress into neither wanting to give ground and finally they end up on the ground. The headlock/choke with or without punching usually comes next or kicking while on your back.

Anyone that cannot manuever in and out of a headlock/choke as well as apply some form of one effectively will get their ass handed to them 9 out of 10 times in a one on one street fight.

7. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    I also have no problems with biting. IF you are getting your ass kicked. But i will never start a fight biting. It would literally have to me my second to last resort. Last being a groin attack. I just cant believe that Karl bit this man in order to get out of a headlock. Thats crazy. But whatever.

8. lb 4 lb

I disagree with both of your statements. I've had fights where I didn't end up in headlocks and in the 3 latest fights only one of them ended up on the ground, (with me using the guys on rushing momentum to flip him over). I've also seen lots of fights that didn't go to the ground. Still I agree a lot do, but I wouldn't say it's 90%.

I would never bite someone, unless absolutely necessary. Who knows what kind of disease you could wind up with.

9. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Well if world class fighters like Tyson and Golota will bite to get an edge then it can't be a really bad thing on the street when your health is at stake.

10. Hanzy

Let's hear the stories about when you got your ass kicked.

11. Hanzy

More like sensible people who don't feel a need to prove anything on the street. The people who get into streetfights are usually jealous boyfriends and drunks.:lol:
    Real fighting is reserved in amateur or professional combat where most people are trained to fight as opposed to the street where beating up an average guy doesn't mean sh*t.

12. meetthefeebles

Really?

You obviously fight with considerable scruple...I would have no qualm in starting an attack in a street fight, especially if I'm outnumbered, by kneeing or hoofing someone in the groin. This is something that I was taught by numerous sensei when I was a child learning karate. :dunno:

13. meetthefeebles

:shit: Nonsense

14. Hanzy

You ever fought a world class wrestler or Jiu Jitsu fighter on the street?

15. 60/40

60/40 Undisputed Champion

LAN Analyst
    Home Page:
    Hanzy, I have lost 2 fights in my life. One to my older brother and one to my step dad. I was very young and STUPID. I try my best not to fight, but if you have to. I dont care what you have to do to win, just win. I have pushed my fingers into a guys eye sockets, I have no problem giving someone a nut shot in the first hit of a fight. If there is a man standing in front of me with the intent to do harm to me, I will do whatever comes to my mind first. I guess thats the army in me to win at all costs. But to each there own.

Good Job Karl. If the guy had me in a headlock I would have bit the fucker too.:clap:

16. dsimon3387

dsimon3387 WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

dsimon writes;

Biting to try to chomp somoene is a lot different than biting to get loose from a hold. And you guys have to keep in mind the danger one is in when there is no one else around.... you could be on the ground and a car load of the other guy's friends could pull in. The guy could pull a blade and stick it in you while he has your head in his arm. Yu could be choked out and stomped to death if the guy is angry. So it is easy to second guess Karl but if you know the danger you are in you would do anything to get out of being held in a situation in a parking lot.

I never want anyone to get a hold on me if i have to fight and will prevent it at all costs. And keep in mind that as a bouncer you are initially giving a lot up to the guy because you are trying to restrain him, not take him out. Most guys I worked with when I was bouncing would try to get the guy's head controlled in some form or other. If your Ju Jitsu is really superb and yu know how to get to the guy's flank you can apply an arm hold... but you have to be really good and if you mess up yu can get caught with a punch as you play with the arm.

Regarding Hanzy's comment about Karl's Judo. Judo works well but it is initially tough to apply with a guy who has decent balance and is strong. It is why Antonio Geezac beat all the Japanese Judo guys in the 1964 Olympics and why the Gracies have a tough time with wrestlers. Any sort of sprawl or low positioning makes judo tough to apply. Before Judo became a seperate art from Ju Jutsu when a guy sprawled out one would work on his limbs and in Atemi Waza (hits) to set up the technique.

Judo is a great art to fight with but like all arts it has some weaknesses. One weakness is that when you are trying to get the guy controlled in the grapple he has a window of opportunity there. This is usually the time when Judo guys get sliced up with a knife when this happens. Once a Judo guy has the hands controlled and can enter (irimi) that is when flips, chokes, arm bars, etc can start to work for the judo guy.

17. meetthefeebles

:bears:

18. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Well im not going into my beef with Karate, but usually all martial arts in General teach a groin attack. Except TKD. But even tho they teach it, i really wouldnt use it first. If you start that shit in a street fight, then all of a sudden its an all out nut attack on both ends. Nah for me, i would try and keep it clean until it HAD to get nasty. But sometimes shit gets nasty so...

19. monkeystyle

monkeystyle Undisputed Champion

I've been bit 3 different times in fights. One motherfucker was bitting me so hard, he bit though a thick sweater I was wearing, I couldn't believe it.

20. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Im sorry, but if the only way fighter (such as karl) can get out of a drunk man's front headlock is to bite, i question the man's skill. thats really all im saying. If he had to bite than fine. Im just suprised he had to.

21. monkeystyle

How old is karl? Maybe he's not in his prime anymore, and had to do what he had to do?

22. Hanzy

Agreed 60/40. You resort to whatever necessary to win. Although I think even if you had a machette, you couldn't beat steve dave. Steve also would've taken both your brother and your step dad at the same time.

23. Arben

Arben "Twinkle Toes" McJack

One block over from me, there are lots of bars all along the avenue. Me and a friend used to sit out by there when we had nothing better to do.

So one night, a fight breaks out. It was 2 on 2. 2 guys were the same size, one was big and one was small. The "small" guy was a little bit smaller than me, the two "average" guys were bigger than me and the "biggest" guy was just plain huge.

It started with one average guy taking on the big guy, and the other average guy taking on the small guy. No clean punches were landed, and it was a pretty shitty fight overall, but there were four bars within fifty feet, so a very large crowd gathered. Eventually, people from another bar, a pizza place and a diner gathered around as well. There was probably about 200 people around.

Soon, the small guy started running and stumbling away from the average guy that he was paired up with. Everyone was rolling because he tripped over a garbage bag. Things slowed down and we thought the fight was over.

Then the two average sized dudes began to go at it and the fight spilled over into the middle of the street. Since the two average dudes were going at it (pretty shitty, but some action), the small guy was paired off with the big guy. Everyone was glued to the two of them and the crowd got pretty loud with anticipation.

The big guy comes up, misses with a jab but lands a right hand.

Down goes the little guy.

The crowd begins to scream and cheer.

The little guy gets up, and they're both squared up. Everyone is waiting for this guy to really get beaten up.

He unleashes a hard right hand just around the big dude's guard and drops him hard right in the middle of the street.

The crowd went fucking ballistic. It was so cool. They eventually stormed into the street and treated the guy like he just won the superbowl.

24. Anthony

Motherfucker
    he is 64 but is a young 64

25. meetthefeebles

I'm with you on this: biting should not be any trained fighter' method of choice.

However, I was responding to the suggestion that biting is for sissies. Per se, I cannot agree with that.

26. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Yeah bitting aint for sissies. I bite my food every day.

27. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Then I guess 90% of the people fighting have absolutely no clue what they're doing.

All I know is, I'm not gonna use a headlock in a fight, and anytime a headlock has been used against me, I've gotten out of it pretty easily.

TFK

28. HairysonFord

HairysonFord Undisputed Champion

Anybody who says they have only lost two fights in their life has either had very few fights or is a liar.

I've had hundreds of fights. Won most of them, but got my ass kicked too.

I come from a different generation. Because the second that someone starts fighting dirty - bite, groin kick, etc., - that puts the fight on a different level. It's no longer a fight, it is survival, and time for me to pull out my little derringer and shoot the sombitch. As long as they keep it clean, fight clean, they fight dirty, kill the bastard.

:eek:ld: :eek:ld:

29. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Exactly. Its not even a fight anymore. Thats what I said. From then on you are just attacking nuts and biting, you might have kill someone. Its not a different Gen its just different fighting styles Im 26 and i think like you.

30. monkeystyle

:eeeek:

Shit, I'd say he did pretty damn good then. Go ahead Grandpa!!! :clap: