Rugby Union World Cup 2015

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame/Shame' started by Steve-Dingo, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Steve-Dingo

Steve-Dingo Wizard of Oz

Ah wiz watching, feel flattened noo... That last pen.

2. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

Not even Scottish but that was a heartbreaker

3. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    Stop putting yourself down, we still like you.

4. Steve-Dingo

Steve-Dingo Wizard of Oz

:lol:

Oof!

Ah wiz gonnae reply wi':

'Neither am Ah' but no one widdae believed it, like - Ah'm as Scoattish as heart disease.

5. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole

As Glaswegian as deep fried confectionery and recreational knife crime!

6. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Didn't miss anything lad. Just fucked off to watch the game and not be bothered with commenting and ruining it for others like.

Fuck off Ireland.

7. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Newcastle 6 2 Norwich.

Northern Hemisphere Rules!!

8. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    I think i'll support Argentina now

9. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    I will support Argentina from now on and forever more Amen.

Fuck Ireland.

10. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    Joubert, Joubert ya bam!:will:

11. Steve-Dingo

Steve-Dingo Wizard of Oz

AgREED.

Aye, ordinarily Ah wouldnae dae this but Ah must blame this latest ootrage on the Jou's.

12. salaco

salaco Undisputed Champion

Bad luck for the Scots but they need to carry the momentum into the 6N....Ireland looked like a team with a game designed to win the 6N [albeit weakened by injuries], what is annoying is that we would have known for 1 yr + that Argentina would be a likely foe....highlights that fact that several on the panel are nowhere near adequate replacements: J. Murphy, Madigan, Fitzgerald

13. Steve-Dingo

Steve-Dingo Wizard of Oz

Nice post, O'Slacko.

Amazing whit a difference a few players can make - no as stark as fitba, but certainly of significance.

Just as an aside, auld (young) Dan Biggar certainly stepped uptae the plate fer the Welsh laddies wi' Halfpenny injured. Ah thought the Welsh wings, Cuthbert and North were a wee bit average, mind.

It wiz a terrible weekend fer the North and the Sooth are laughing at oor 6 Nations proowess.

14. Jimmy

Jimmy The Greatest of Are Times

I felt sorry for the Scots after that narrow loss to the Aussies. I thought they were going to hold on. Btw, what happened with the ref? :lol:

15. Steve-Dingo

Steve-Dingo Wizard of Oz

Ah ken Ah'm a terror fer ma trite replies, but the ref apparently really needed a jobbie and that might explain some o' his decisions.

16. salaco

Definitely agreed re Cuthbert, he played awfully against SA, and I think North is damaged goods, he's not the player he was a few years ago, he's really suffered as result of the bruising bish bash Welsh style of play of recent years.....still think that a full complement Welsh side are the most naturally talented 6N side

17. Steve-Dingo

Steve-Dingo Wizard of Oz

Tae be fair tae Joubert, a choice between taking the time tae go tae the TMO and shite-ing ma shorts in front o' millions, Ah widae taken the latter decision as well, like.

Pity Gary Lineker did no' have the same sense o' shame.

18. Steve-Dingo

Steve-Dingo Wizard of Oz

Such a shame re: North. Ah hate watching him going intae contact noo as Ah'm half expecting a hearse tae take him off the field.

The Welsh are a talented bunch but they never seem tae quite make it against Oz or NZ.

In fact, Australia is always a close match but Ah cannae remember the Welsh coming close tae beating the All Blacks since they one and only win back in the fifties?

19. salaco

20. Steve-Dingo

Steve-Dingo Wizard of Oz

Aye - beating the All Blacks is no mean feat, O'Slacko. Quite a remarkable record they have... Ah'm wondering if only the followiing countries have ever beaten the All Blacks?:

Oz, Sooth Africa, France, England and Wales

Can anyone think o' any more?

Anyhoo, it ain't easy being Scoattish...

'Sometimes, it is trying being Scottish. Just a tad. We have composed the encyclopedia on Glorious Failure, and can recite it in full, in our sleep. It is a hefty tome of misery, and each of us is prisoner of our formative years.

Take the football World Cup 1974: out in the first round on goal difference, the only unbeaten team in the tournament, home before the postcards because the Zaire keeper ridiculously spilled a mis-hit Brazilian effort in the last minute when we had finished our match, and were all but through.

Or 1978, Argentina and ignominy: after two calamitous matches, we needed a three-goal win against the Dutch to get out of the first group stage. Archie Gemmill’s wonder goal took us to 3-1, and we dared to dream. Until Johnny Rep wandered forward.

Then there was 1982: Alan Hansen and Willie Miller collided in frankly embarrassing circumstances on halfway, leaving the Soviets to round the hapless Alan Rough. Another first-round goal‑difference exit.

All those painful blows, like an orange Wembley Trophy football battered on to a youngster’s cold thigh at close range. We have all become conditioned and know what to expect.

Amsterdam? We went there with a fabulous 1-0 play-off, first-leg lead in 2003, and were thumped 6-0.

The Euro qualifiers for 2008? We won home and away against the French, played Italy off the park at Hampden only to lose when a free-kick was ridiculously awarded against us. It cost us a last-minute goal, and denied us the chance of going through.

Just this month Robert Lewandowski scrambled the softest of toe-pokes after a bravura Scottish performance with the last kick at Hampden, denying us victory. And so our hopes for Euro 2016 died.

True, football has always been our preferred national sport of self-flagellation, but rugby has had its look in too. I recall arriving back from bomb-ravaged Sarajevo in 1994 in time to see Gavin Hastings – manly Gavin Hastings! – blub live on television as England nicked the Calcutta Cup in the last minute.

But this latest chapter at Twickenham? It really does take the Tunnock’s Tea Cake. It contains all the crucial elements of unexpected heroism, of indefatigability, and of the world somehow combining with vicious intent to rob us. But because it was a World Cup quarter-final and we were 10-1 outsiders – in a two-horse race – up against the best team in the tournament, it was a particularly potent mix.

And when Mark Bennett raced between the posts with seven minutes to go – and Greig Laidlaw converted – to put us ahead, it seemed that this time – just this once – victory was ours. I stopped screaming long enough to register the shock on the face of my daughter’s pal.

Not so fast. A cruel late penalty consigned us to our usual berth as sporting sacrifices to the gods, and left us picking out a scapegoat.

Step forward, referee Craig Joubert. Not only did he lash up the crucial call; he wrongly sent Sean Maitland to the sin‑bin, when Australia scored a try, and he missed an appallingly late challenge on Stuart Hogg just before the final fateful phase. He is now Caledonia’s Public Enemy No 1, and would do well to give Princes Street a wide berth.

But the truth: can we handle the truth? With two minutes to go, with the greatest victory within our slippery grasp, we lashed up an easy line-out.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ru...m-really-does-take-the-Tunnocks-Tea-Cake.html

21. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    :bears:

22. Steve-Dingo

Steve-Dingo Wizard of Oz

Whit an entertaining 1st half o' rugby! Springboks up 12-7 against the All Blacks. Kaino (NZ No.6) will be sitting oot the first 8 minutes o' the second half, serving oot a yellow card fer cynical play (booting the ball from an offside position behind a ruck on the All Blacks 22).

23. Steve-Dingo

Steve-Dingo Wizard of Oz

The Sooth Africans fought tae the bitter end but the All Blacks won it fair and square, 20-18.

Great semifinal.

24. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Thats my, ahem, Quota of Rugby for today like.

25. Steve-Dingo

Steve-Dingo Wizard of Oz

:lol: :bears:

26. Steve-Dingo

Steve-Dingo Wizard of Oz

Ah love Ye Jonny but Ye dinnae half talk some hippy thinking mince, like.

Oh! Ba the way, ITV - just because 'Fitzy' said it, diznae make it right (no' that Ah'd tell him tae his face).

27. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    This is awful. Oz are being jobbed.

28. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:

Here comes the CHOKE!

29. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page: