Spence vs Mayweather, now.

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Destruction and Mayhem, May 28, 2017.

1. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Again, your incapacity to grasp even a simple phrase makes you look like a fool. I said that he seems to not have a lot of heart. Which is the case since he never really showed the mettle to dig deep in a fight

I don't want to be too hard on him, cause I can understand why he quit, but let's not pretend that numerous fighters who were in the same situation didn't do the same.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  2. Bordon

Bordon Undisputed Champion

People were so desperate to see Floyd lose and accuse him of ducking someone they turned to an average hyped up fighter. To Floyds credit he took full advantage. When they started hyping Canelo as the next huge challenge for Floyd I was like "wtf is this guy" and him struggling past the clearly average Trout didn't really sell me. You bought it though. Lol

3. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

Terp, you know as well as I do, that had Floyd NOT fought Canelo...all of the fightbeat cunts would have said that he was the biggest challenge of Floyd's career and Floyd ducked him because he knows he would have lost. Canelo would have been elevated to levels beyond what fans are currently saying about the Margarito and Williams that Floyd supposedly ran away from in terror....

4. Bordon

Brook gives Canelo hell. He's mobile with quick hands and good pressure and Canelo can't apply the kind of pressure Spence does. He might get to him but I wouldn't be confident in either guy.

Canelo has been smashing up set-up opponents for so long that some people seem to think he's a veteran warrior that always gets the job done, and there has to be something special in there to beat him. He's not special at all.

5. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

You'll change your mind after the GGG fight

6. Bordon

I don't know about posters here, but in general, sure. I just told you why and I gave Floyd credit for taking advantage of it.

What fight did you see Canelo in before Floyd that made you say "Wow, this guys pound for pound! Floyd has to fight him!" I missed it and I was totally baffled why this guy was supposed to be somebody. In hindsight he became somebody just to be a Floyd opponent and he's been trying to hold on to the status by fighting fringe guys and washed up smaller guys ever since.

7. Bordon

No way. GGG's movement, pure handspeed and athleticism will befuddle Canelo.

8. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Canelo is a very good fighter. And he has definitely tightened up/improved his all around game.

That said, I just see Triple G being a terrible match up for him. For the first time, Canelo will be in there with a bigger man who will be able to neutralize him. I see Canelo eating the jab in this fight all night long. I also see Golovkin pushing him backwards and around, thus not allowing him to set up his offense. And while I see Canelo getting shots in, I also see Triple G countering him as he tries to come inside. I honestly see it being one sided in the grand scheme of things. It'll be slightly more competitive than Golovkin-Lemiuex but I see a somewhat similar pattern to the fight.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  9. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

Agreed, the jab is the key, plus GGG is an excellent counter-puncher, Canelo is going to get busted up badly IMO.

puerto rock likes this.