Stevenson vs Calzaghe

Discussion in 'Mythical Matchups' started by Jesus of montreal, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Well he destroyed dawson who was nothing if not a very good fighter. Hell, he matched jc greatest accomplishment much more easily, and you seem to think jc is some kind of boxing legend

2. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

You Basically Picked Stevenson to Wipe His Ass w/Calzaghe Early, Which IS a Stretch and Something Only a Person BIASED FOR Adonis Stevenson Would Do...

Sorry, but Your Fellow Posters AREN'T Manufacturing Your Bias for Stevenson, You're DISPLAYING It...

REED:cool:

3. Jesus of montreal

Mega puncher who is a fast starter against guy who fights with his hands down and was down and hurt in the 1st round in his two fights at LHW against non punhcers.

Yeah picking him by early KO seems like such a stretch:rolleyes:

For your information, JC is not exactly Archie Moore or Michael Spinks

4. Bordon

Bordon Undisputed Champion

But Reed, he's one of the greatest Quebec fighters to come out of Haiti.

5. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

Calzaghe was hurt during the Jones knockdown, but as has been said before it was more a forearm smash than a punch. Hopkins was a flash KD, he got caught square on and then shoved to the floor. Legit knockdown but he clearly wasn't hurt.

I've never previously heard anybody, ever, say the Bika fight was a robbery. You are literally the first person I've seen say that. Reid I can give you, I actually thought Reid won at the time as well, but Bika is a massive stretch.

6. Bordon

Robin Reid was a good contender in his day. He arguably beat the top two SMW's of his era. Ottke and Calzaghe would've been better wins than anything Stevenson did.

7. Jesus of montreal

Well you probably live in a little echo chamber if you never heard that Bika deserved a better fate (Not personally saying he did, never scored the fight, but rebember that it was very close)

8. Jesus of montreal

Ottke sucked. Let's not kid ourselves. Cloud and Bellew, as mediocre as they are, would wipe the floor with him.

How I like the romanticizing of Reid. The guy lost to Silvio Branco in his prime FFS, and struggled badly against Cherifi (heard Cherifi was robbed, but bever saw the fight). He wasn't anything special.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  9. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Ottke would easily outbox Cloud and Bellew. Two painfully limited fighters.

10. Jesus of montreal

Haha, never tought I would see the day when nostalgia is so strong that shitty ass Ottke is getting overrated.

11. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Picking Ottke over Tavoris fuckin Cloud is not overrating him.

12. Azazel

Azazel "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Calzaghe is very overrated on this forum, and quite vulnerable, especially in the early going. I think Stevenson would crush him early, or at the very least, put enough harm on him in the opening rounds that he edges him on the Judges card after a late rally by Calzaghe.

13. Bordon

Stevenson is a weak, disappointing champ like Ottke, except Ottke fought and beat better competition. You're trying to put this "lol" label on everyone else except the Haitian World Champion of Quebec.

14. Azazel

Azazel "Twinkle Toes" McJack

While Stevenson is a disappointment, this is simply ridiculous and quite fitting of the ''lol'' label

15. Bordon

Stevensons only notable win was over Dawson who had just got KO'd by a guy who KO's no one and has been shot ever since. Baloo never did anything at lh, and hasn't really done anything since unless you're British. Fonfara had a decent run after their first fight. Am I missing somebody?

Ottke beat Johnson, Brewer, Tate, Mundine and a bunch of solid guys. Some were close fights and he should have a loss or two but he had a solid career. Stevenson has failed to match the achievements of Sven Ottke. Lol

16. Jesus of montreal

Fighter of the year in 2013, yet he never did anything. You cant argue with this kind of stupidity.

And yest mundine and Johnson sound like decent names, but they werent decent at the time ottke fought them

17. Bordon

Employee of the month. Lol. I know he probably KO'd Dead Chad Dawson and Cloud who had been humiliated in his last two fights and knocked out in his next. What else did he do in 2013 to get this huge honor?

You keep talking about how Calzaghe never did this or that to a guy on Our Adonis level, but what level is the guy really on?