The Daily Obamanation .... ALL ROLLED INTO ONE

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame/Shame' started by PetreTG, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Arben

Arben "Twinkle Toes" McJack

So Obama actually has ideas when it comes to diplomacy, while Paul has nothing.

And Petre, don't give me that shit about straying off the topic. Coming from the person who spews his agenda in every topic he touches, you shouldn't be talking.

Paul is all bark and no bite. And the seat that he has sat in for ten years...he's losing that race too.

EDIT: And his voters voices literally don't count because he gives them away.

2. Explosivo

Explosivo Undisputed Champion

Hey man, wake up.

This country has been spiralling economically for years now,....and people like Petre have been warning what was coming. People like you scoffed. Here we are, at one of the lowest points in the history of this nation...with no end clearly in sight, ..

And you keep calling it "fear mongering".

Dumbass.

3. slystaff

slystaff Im Banned

PetreTG,

Ron Paul has negligible support and Obama's going to be president, live with it!! :cool:

4. atomicdOGg34

atomicdOGg34 "Twinkle Toes" McJack

student
    Home Page:
    brilliant answer

5. slystaff

slystaff Im Banned

How old are you?

I don't mean that question in an insulting way by the way, I'm just curious. You seem to have all of these strong views on Conservatism vs Liberalsim etc...as if you have alot of experience. I thought you were only 20 years old or something..

6. Rock on

Rock on Undisputed Champion

Home Page:
    Americans are disillusioned with the card democracy has been playing them.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    What <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region><st1:place>America</st1:place></st1:country-region> needs is a good dose of old fashioned dictatorship to put things in order.<o:p></o:p>
    A coup de tat led a by a charismatic General or group of middle ranking officers can’t come sooner for the US of A.<o:p></o:p>

7. atomicdOGg34

student
    Home Page:

arent you some 26 year old queer british liberal?

8. Ropadope

Ropadope Undisputed Champion

I rarely watch tv, and I shop for bargains. I'm not a very extravagant person because I don't see a reason to be so. That being said, I could care less about the starving people of the world. I do my part in fighting hunger by feeding the stray cats of the neighborhood.

Seriously, we spend tons of money to keep half of the world alive just to live in misery and poverty. What's the purpose? Why give them food and medicine when they really need birth control, or to be left alone?

I really believe that people should be left to live as they wish. I believe that peoples' lands and resources are their own, and should be left alone or honestly traded for. That's about as far as my concern for the poor of the world goes.

9. jaws1216

jaws1216 "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    hey now, lets not lump in liberal with equine 26 year old british queer:nono:

:lol:

10. r o o s t e r

r o o s t e r "Twinkle Toes" McJack

I knock motherfuckers out
    the thing that stops person A from giving more to charity is that person B conspicuously consumes a bigger house, bigger car, expensive clothes, expensive food, ... and person A feels he needs that shit too. status anxiety/affluenza/keeping up with the joneses.

yes, everybody wants to give to charity, and this will make people feel better about it, not worse.

11. r o o s t e r

your and my material comfort is built on (1) historical oppression (slavery and colonialism) and (2) current oppression. we haven't "left them to live as they wish".

12. r o o s t e r

rope...

there are charities promoting birth control and birth control education. you can give to them too if you wish.

but birth control isn't going to solve the whole problem.

no, we don't just "keep them alive in misery and poverty". aid changes disease/death/misery to satisfaction. there is a clear, discrete line, between inadequate wellbeing and good wellbeing, and aid can make that difference.

13. dsimon3387

dsimon3387 WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

dsimon writes:

Education cures all ills. Simple as that. With education comes a lower birth rate, a higher standard of living, self sufficiency and an improved social order. Only money, charity can bring eduction to people who do not know any better. And people are smart enough to value education in this respect.

The poorest, most ignorant people will make tremendous sacrifices to send their kids to school if it is provided. Those kids then have a future and even the dumbest people on earth (whoever that may be) know that education is the future in this regard.

What people like the Rope don't get is that keeping people in poverty and ignorance is not only cruel, but it ultimately effects everybody. Pakistan's proplems are our problems. Uneducated people without a future will destroy this world. Instead of isolating our country and fighting immigration wars we should be going into the poor countries and providing infrastructure so they can help themselves. Put schools in Pakistan and Palistine and you would stop terrorism dead in its tracks. Make those people self sufficient and they no longer have a need to be suicide bombers and religious zealots

14. phonetap

phonetap Undisputed Champion

Home Page:
    damn petre has exposed obama...:laughing:

15. PetreTG

PetreTG WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    :nono: Not an expose' Tap ... we're here to talk about all the great things Obama is going to do.

Feel free to post all his great ideas! :bears:

Why should we vote for him ... it has to be more than

Change .
    He's Black.
    He's not Hillary.
    He's a great motivational speaker.
    He wants us all to party like a BaRock Star.

BRING THE GREAT STUFF ... being from his neck of the woods , no one I know can think of anything he's done or that he really stands for. But he's fun to listen to!

So far we know he wants to help other countries by making us subservient to the UN and obligated to pay MORE taxes than we already do to what is currently a foreign power.

16. phonetap

phonetap Undisputed Champion

Home Page:
    phonetap would never tell people why they should vote for anyone...it's the candidates job to sell themselves and their ideas. all phonetap can explain is why he supports a particular candidate.

if you really want to learn obama's position you have the point and click usage of a mouse to go directly to his personal website where his stances on issues are spelled out.

you typically spend an inordinate amount of time plowing through the internet to find articles that support your positions yet have to ask asinine questions suggesting you have no idea what the barack obama stands for? with all due respect..."who are you fucking kidding?"

17. PetreTG

Home Page:
    All bark and no bite ?

You mean the guy that was the only one with the balls when asked on national TV what we should do in Iraq as all the talking heads said the same answer ... that WE FUCKED UP ... Time to come home ?

The guy who has the most consistent voting record in congress ?

The guy labeled Dr No because he will not raise any taxes ?

The guy that votes against making tax payers pay for honors to Reagan or Rosa Parks but offers his own money ?

The guy with one of the highest CATO institute economic policy ratings?

The guy McCain labeled "the most honest man in politics" ?

Arben ... seriously .... Paul has something that takes more than a 30 second sound bite to explain. I'm sorry you never saw it. We were looking at the best chance America had at getting back on track under our current circumstances ... a few years from now ,you'll see I was right.

18. PetreTG

Home Page:
    Oh ... I know what he stands for. A lot of talk, a bit of flip flopping, throw in some double standards and crazy ideas , more taxes , attack the Second Amendment, a national healthcare program doomed to fuck up the medical system in this country even more, no solution whatsoever to our growing national economic crisis, Global warming and now ... a tax to a foreign entity on top of our already ridiculously high taxes on everything making a big giant step towards world government and you have The Obamanation . :clap:

Have I missed anything ?

You know what's really funny .... Is if Obama inherits this mess and makes his grand changes .... they're going to pin the coming disaster on a BLACK MAN :laughing:

19. slystaff

slystaff Im Banned

Yes we can my brother! :cool:

20. dsimon3387

dsimon3387 WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

dsimon writes:

Don't begrudge Petre.:nono: Frankly though you hit one nail on the head. Whoever inherits this mess will be doomed. At this point I would vote one of three ways:

1) Paul if he had a chance to win

2) Obamma in the primary to beat Hillary

3) Mccaine in the election so the repubs have to clean up the mess they started.

21. PetreTG

Home Page:
    I don't begrudge Ds ... frankly , I'm disappointed once again with our choices.

Once again , we will have be given candidates that I personally cannot support.

I won't support McCain ... he's a crooked nut.

I won't support Hillary for obvious reasons , the least of which is that she's a woman.

I won't support Obama because he's a phoney that will do nothing good for this country. I won't be lured by the prospect of electing a "black" man and I'm not fooled by a motivational speaker spouting change that is all talk and no substance.

When I look at what his Ideals actually are .... they're garbage that is often counterproductive.

I've thrown down the gauntlet and given the Obamanation supporters a chance to show why Obama is so great ... they can't ... because the fact is , he's not.

I laid down all kinds of ammo for them about Ron Paul to discuss ... and in the end .... MOST of this forum realized he actually was the best candidate. :clap:

I defy anyone to do that for Obama .... let's dissect him and his policies like we did Paul. :cool:

22. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

Obama doesn't have a lot of policies to dissect because he's not a 70 year-old lifetime politician. That doesn't mean he won't be a good candidate for president.

When JFK got elected he didn't have big record to run on either but he was charismatic and got people to listen to him. Hell, he became so popular they even had a big parade for him in Texas. :clap:

Granted, that didn't go so well for him but we can't be afraid of every grassy knoll we see. :nono:

23. PetreTG

Home Page:
    I see I'm going to have to help people out here ....

Let's start with this gem ... when Obama doesn't have a prepared speech , what is his answers to the current real estate crisis ?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uf-l7i-uhGM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uf-l7i-uhGM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I cannot tell you on how many levels this is fucked :lol:

Let's see if anyone can spot the problems this bullshit creates , does nothing to solve(but sounds good) or actually makes worse....

24. godking

godking Leap-Amateur

Ron Paul wants us to leave the WTO a move that would guarantee to bankrupt the country.

I am sure that an economically astute guy like yourself can see the folly of leaving the WTO.

25. PetreTG

Home Page:
    Many MANY very highly respected econimists want the USA out of the WTO for reasons that have nothing to do with trade.

Anyone that thinks for a moment that we will be worse off , or that the world would not trade with the USA if we were not in the WTO is fooling themselve.

The WTO puts restrictions on the USA's trade that is helping to drive down our economy , not help it.

Hell we could dedicate a thread to that topic ... but NOT in the OBAMANATION thread.

26. slystaff

slystaff Im Banned

Hillary being a woman is the overriding reason for me why I wouldn't have voted for her if I was an American.
    You simple can't have a woman being the head of the world's most prominent nation.

Also, although I'm a huge Bill Clinton fan, two things:<o:p></o:p>
    1. Hillary IS NOT BILL<o:p></o:p>
    2. Bill shouldn't be allowed back into the white house after the Monica Lewinsky debacle, in principle if nothing else.
    I'd be lying if Obama's ethnicity didn't have something to do with the reason why I'm suporting him, BUT, it's not his ethnicity per se.<o:p></o:p>
    I wouldn't have supported an Al Sharpton or even Jesse Jackson necessarily. It's not about being black (or half black) in isolation.
    Obama doesn't play the race card, seeks to represent all races, creeds and political leanings. Is someone America can be proud of, is by FAR the best orator or all the candidates to have attempted to run this year, by far the most likable (honorary mention to mcCain), by far the most inspiring, seems the most genuine.
    So what if he's only 46 years old? Bill Clinton was younger if my memory serves me correctly.
    So what if he's not as "experienced" as McCain? Bill Clinton was NO WHERE NEAR as experienced as Incumbent George HW Bush, who was not only President, but was vice president for 8 years prior to that as well as being the director of the CIA before even that. Very few will say that Bush was a better president than Clinton.
    To all the republicans who think that McCain's supposed NS experience prepares him better than anyone else to defend america:<o:p></o:p>
    NONSENSE!!
    Every right wing american claims that the present Bush, with all his failings, has kept America safe (laughable). Well if that's the case..and he was able to do that..WHAT NATIONAL SECURITY EXPERIENCE did Dubya have before taking office?

Obama, like anyone else will surround himself with top advisors on matters of National Security or anything else and will be as capable of defending the US if and when a threat arises.
    It’s a myth that Obama is only words and no substance. His track record has proved that he works for change. Also he’s detailed his policy stances on his website and time and time again in debates.
    As for Obama's policies:
    Almost universal health care is the best proposition so far when contrasted with the two extremes of Hillary's proposal (which would never be supported) and McCain's (which is the current US mess).
    Pulling out of Iraq...is the only option...as it is a war that was based on lies from the start.
    Economy...it's a wash.
    Immigration etc...not as important.
    So it comes down to personality, inspiration and POTENTIAL. Obama has the edge on EVERYONE ELSE including the great Ron Paul.
    YES WE CAN my brothers!! :cool: <o:p></o:p>

27. PetreTG

Home Page:
    This is a good start Sly ... You get an A for Ammo .... I mean effort :lol: ... I'll address this later today ... Unfortunately I have to go somewhere right now.

:bears:

28. Arben

Arben "Twinkle Toes" McJack

History has proven that the less experienced leaders have actually turned out to be very good leaders, and mostly better.

29. atomicdOGg34

student
    Home Page:
    doesnt make me feel better

and why shoould we give all this money to all these other people when people HERE are starving, homeless, our economy is gonna be in a recession

could be well better spent, it is OUR money after all

30. Orthodox Crusader

Orthodox Crusader "Twinkle Toes" McJack

:eek:ld: